If Not Rex Then Who ??

T master

Give Wade another shot. He would do very well with the defensive personnel that the Bills have.

The thing with Wade is now he can adapt to the personel he is given. His first year in Denver is proof.

Now Rex wasn't exactly handed a bunch of scrubs either. Rex failed and in many respects still does adapting to personel and injuries. Has Rex ever made a half time adjustment that was visible, game changing, and resulting in a win for the Bills?

Wade was unemployed the year Pegula signed rex.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question. Has the game passed by all the guys commentating on TV nowadays? Herm Edwards, Mooch, Cowher, Gruden, Dungy. All those guys were great coaches, will any of em ever come back and do they still have it, can they adjust to the game as its played today?

Personally i'd love to see Terry open his checkbook for Gruden. I think he'll coach again and win more Superbowls, hopefully for the Bills!! He's just biding his time in a cushy job in the meantime, playin golf, traveling, restin up his body and mind but still studying the game.

IF they don't keep Rex that is.

We might have burned that Wade Phillips bridge anyway after what happened the first time he was here

time heals all wounds and there is new ownership so the bridge can be rebuilt

Serious question. Has the game passed by all the guys commentating on TV nowadays? Herm Edwards, Mooch, Cowher, Gruden, Dungy. All those guys were great coaches, will any of em ever come back and do they still have it, can they adjust to the game as its played today?

Personally i'd love to see Terry open his checkbook for Gruden. I think he'll coach again and win more Superbowls, hopefully for the Bills!! He's just biding his time in a cushy job in the meantime, playin golf, traveling, restin up his body and mind but still studying the game.

IF they don't keep Rex that is.

time heals all wounds and there is new ownership so the bridge can be rebuilt

We might have burned that Wade Phillips bridge anyway after what happened the first time he was here

Wade still owns a home in Hamburg. Or had it still in '14 anyways.

Forget the article, forget who asked. But Wade had season tickets in the club level.

he was asked if his firing would prevent him from ever working for the Bills?

His short answer at the time was no.

Well the guy that fired Wade is now gone RIP Ralph & Wade did go back to Denver & won a ring not as a HC of coarse but he got a ring .

The Bills could be something that truly pissed him off and the Pegula's could be pretty persuasive i would imagine . If Ralph was still here not a chance but stranger things have happened ...

Like if they get P Oed at Rex, Schwartz could be the next HC who knows ???

Fire Rex and you will have to settle for a retread or a coordinator no one expected. Buffalo can be developing a reputation in the NFL as a place no one wants to go and coach. Rex has the only non losing record since Wade among the seven coaches in that time.

Fire Rex and you will have to settle for a retread or a coordinator no one expected. Buffalo can be developing a reputation in the NFL as a place no one wants to go and coach. Rex has the only non losing record since Wade among the seven coaches in that time.

Marrone. Research.

Its comments like this is why nobody can take you seriously

I'm only semi serious. I'd like an offense oriented coach. Probably McDaniel.

Its comments like this is why nobody can take you seriously

and anyone who would even consider that needs a straight jacket

But you yourself say that TTs barely over .500 record makes him a winner. Hypocrisy much?

disagree, Pegulas are just getting started. That may have been true Ralphs last few years but not now

disagree, Pegulas are just getting started. That may have been true Ralphs last few years but not now

The Pegulas really want to win......much respect to them.

But let's understand one thing folks:

Being new is not an excuse to keep wallowing in mediocrity for a few more years.

Ralph was a bad owner.

But he actually periodically stewarded teams to at least occasional playoff appearances.

There was a playoff appearance in the mid 1970's......a couple early 80's......then a long run from 88-1999.

It's NOT OK TO inherit a mediocre team on the rise and maintain for 3-4 years.

Some teams do near complete re-builds in that amount of time.

Wade still owns a home in Hamburg. Or had it still in '14 anyways.

Forget the article, forget who asked. But Wade had season tickets in the club level.

he was asked if his firing would prevent him from ever working for the Bills?

His short answer at the time was no.

He was also HC in Denver once upon a time, soo ...

Anyone.

PJ Fleck :w00t::w00t:

I think fans give the Pegula's too much credit as being great owners. Yes, they saved the team from moving, that's great. They haven't accomplished anything noteworthy on the field or the ice yet. Not sure how close they are to getting a playoff team for either franchise either.