#1 Pick Calculator: We can still get it!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again with respect: how is a Bills roster or season from 15 years ago predictive of what will happen on Sunday, next Sunday, or the one after?

I think you mean ergo.

I'm not going to calculate anything. I just enjoy watching football and can't appreciate negative thinking, or a thought process that says the Bills futility years ago is predictive of anything in the future.

The algorithm predicts intangibles like crowd noise in December, prevailing wind patterns and officiating tendencies over 10-15 years. All of those factors play into the normalized coefficient which results in a probability.

So, for instance, our dreadful playoff drought over 15 years increases the likelihood of losing out (and correspondingly increases the likelihood of the Titans, Browns and Bengals winning out). As such, in the event all factors work together, we can solidify the first pick by January and start our scouting process early.

I created an algorithm that allows you to input all types of metrics and data (similar to the ESPN Playoff calculator) and, in the end, gives you a projection of where we will draft next May 2017.

I'll download the program and link it here shortly.

Based on certain criteria, and if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year.

Obviously, we need to lose out and end the season 6-10.

Then, since Cleveland is one of our losses, they will have beaten us head to head. In that case, the next tie breaker is common opponents. We will have lost that category as well.

We still need all the other 2, 3, and 4 win teams to win out.

I don't want to play spoiler this year...I want to have what is rightfully ours. The #1 pick.

For non-playoff teams draft position is based on record. The tiebreaker for teams with identical records is strength of schedule. If SOS is identical a coin flip determines order. Head to head games and games against common opponents do not factor into draft order.

For non-playoff teams draft position is based on record. The tiebreaker for teams with identical records is strength of schedule. If SOS is identical a coin flip determines order. Head to head games and games against common opponents do not factor into draft order.

Are you saying the code that I wrote is defective? The programming sequence takes all metrics and criteria into consideration. The fact that it projects an outcome adverse to your own wishes shouldn't detract from the credibility of the algorithm itself. Head to head and common opponents has a bearing on our ability to secure the #1 pick I assure you.

Are you saying the code that I wrote is defective? The programming sequence takes all metrics and criteria into consideration. The fact that it projects an outcome adverse to your own wishes shouldn't detract from the credibility of the algorithm itself. Head to head and common opponents has a bearing on our ability to secure the #1 pick I assure you.

Your hypothesis is perfect... except.... we traded away our #1 pick in the Sammy trade, I think until 2020.

I say this with respect: your math and computer skills are impressive, but I absolutely hate your kind of thinking.

Where you say "if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year"

I say,

"if everything falls our way, we can still go deep into the playoffs".

Thanks Bill. Wouldn't you rather us go 11-5, face the Chiefs or Broncos and beat them to get to the second level.

I created an algorithm that allows you to input all types of metrics and data (similar to the ESPN Playoff calculator) and, in the end, gives you a projection of where we will draft next May 2017.

I'll download the program and link it here shortly.

Based on certain criteria, and if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year.

Obviously, we need to lose out and end the season 6-10.

Then, since Cleveland is one of our losses, they will have beaten us head to head. In that case, the next tie breaker is common opponents. We will have lost that category as well.

We still need all the other 2, 3, and 4 win teams to win out.

I don't want to play spoiler this year...I want to have what is rightfully ours. The #1 pick.

Wow, so we really are still playing meaningful games in December!

:lol: