#1 Pick Calculator: We can still get it!!

I created an algorithm that allows you to input all types of metrics and data (similar to the ESPN Playoff calculator) and, in the end, gives you a projection of where we will draft next May 2017.

I'll download the program and link it here shortly.

Based on certain criteria, and if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year.

Obviously, we need to lose out and end the season 6-10.

Then, since Cleveland is one of our losses, they will have beaten us head to head. In that case, the next tie breaker is common opponents. We will have lost that category as well.

We still need all the other 2, 3, and 4 win teams to win out.

I don't want to play spoiler this year...I want to have what is rightfully ours. The #1 pick.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhhh, head to head and common opponents (I think I said that)

So in your math, if the Bills still have a better record than the Browns they can pick #1 if they lose to the Browns head to head and lose to to the common opponents? Isn't W-L record the first tie breaker?

I created an algorithm that allows you to input all types of metrics and data (similar to the ESPN Playoff calculator) and, in the end, gives you a projection of where we will draft next May 2017.

Based on certain criteria, and if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year.

Then, since Cleveland is one of our losses, they will have beaten us head to head. In that case, the next tie breaker is common opponents. We will have lost that category as well.

I don't want to play spoiler this year...I want to have what is rightfully ours. The #1 pick.

stick to your new math, leave football alone.

Based on certain criteria, and

I say this with respect: your math and computer skills are impressive, but I absolutely hate your kind of thinking.

Where you say "if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year"

I say,

"if everything falls our way, we can still go deep into the playoffs".

I say this with respect: your math and computer skills are impressive, but I absolutely hate your kind of thinking.

Where you say "if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year"

I say,

"if everything falls our way, we can still go deep into the playoffs".

Rather than take a defeatist attitude, I like to look at the silver lining.

So your silver lining is us losing out? Mine is us winning out.

Consider this definition of defeatist and tell me who fits this:

de·feat·ist
[dəˈfēdəst]
NOUN
  1. a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure.
Edited by BillnutinHouston

So your silver lining is us losing out? Mine is us winning out.

Consider this definition of defeatist and tell me who fits this:

de·feat·ist
[dəˈfēdəst]
NOUN
  1. a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure.

You fail to consider probabilities. My algorythm allows me to enter 15 years of data. As such, the probability of us losing out far exceeds our ability to win out. Air go, if I already know the answer to us losing out, I find the silver lining.

But you go right ahead and calculate our chances of making the playoffs which is unlikely...I, on the other hand, am taking a potential negative and creating a positive result. The first pick int he draft to utilize or trade away for multiple picks.

Hardly defeatist

You fail to consider probabilities. My algorythm allows me to enter 15 years of data. As such, the probability of us losing out far exceeds our ability to win out. Air go, if I already know the answer to us losing out, I find the silver lining.

But you go right ahead and calculate our chances of making the playoffs which is unlikely...I, on the other hand, am taking a potential negative and creating a positive result. The first pick int he draft to utilize or trade away for multiple picks.

Hardly defeatist

Again with respect: how is a Bills roster or season from 15 years ago predictive of what will happen on Sunday, next Sunday, or the one after?

I think you mean ergo.

I'm not going to calculate anything. I just enjoy watching football and can't appreciate negative thinking, or a thought process that says the Bills futility years ago is predictive of anything in the future.

Edited by BillnutinHouston