#1 Pick Calculator: We can still get it!!

You fail to consider probabilities. My algorythm allows me to enter 15 years of data. As such, the probability of us losing out far exceeds our ability to win out. Air go, if I already know the answer to us losing out, I find the silver lining.

But you go right ahead and calculate our chances of making the playoffs which is unlikely...I, on the other hand, am taking a potential negative and creating a positive result. The first pick int he draft to utilize or trade away for multiple picks.

Hardly defeatist

So when u watch the Bills games and we get a 1st down, do u get mad? When the opponent scores a TD, do u get happy?

Edit: nevermind. I realized you're just trying to make something out of a boring Saturday with this post. Im out.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying the code that I wrote is defective? The programming sequence takes all metrics and criteria into consideration. The fact that it projects an outcome adverse to your own wishes shouldn't detract from the credibility of the algorithm itself. Head to head and common opponents has a bearing on our ability to secure the #1 pick I assure you.

You had me going. Nicely done.

I created an algorithm that allows you to input all types of metrics and data (similar to the ESPN Playoff calculator) and, in the end, gives you a projection of where we will draft next May 2017.

I'll download the program and link it here shortly.

Based on certain criteria, and if everything falls our way, we can still secure the first overall pick next year.

Obviously, we need to lose out and end the season 6-10.

Then, since Cleveland is one of our losses, they will have beaten us head to head. In that case, the next tie breaker is common opponents. We will have lost that category as well.

We still need all the other 2, 3, and 4 win teams to win out.

I don't want to play spoiler this year...I want to have what is rightfully ours. The #1 pick.

no great QBs this yr so really not worth it, maybe next yr.

So you'd rather have the 6th or 7th overall pick instead of 1st?

yep, GMs over think the first pick and screw it up, plus no one will want to trade up for it. But we could trade back much easier from 6 or 7 and get more quality talent in the first two rounds.

Now if going 6 - 10 gets the Rex and FO fired then I'm all in.