If we have to lose a game?

Dan

...is this week the week?

A post in the postgame thread got me thinking... Most everyone here agrees that 10-6 is what we need to possibly make the playoffs. So, we can lose one game and still have a shot. If that's the case, isn't it best if we lose the game this week against Oakland?

We need to beat PIT and MIA, to help us jump ahead of them in the playoff chase. Losing to the Jets hurts us in the first tiebreaker - division record. Losing to the Browns would be ...well embarrassing and demoralizing.

So... would it really be so bad if we lose to the Raiders this week? Is this really the game that will define our playoff run? Or is it the following couple of weeks?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really scared. If they beat the Raiders, I will start getting my hopes up. I do not want them crushed, AGAIN, so maybe they should lose to the Raiders and then run the table. :beer:

Maybe my self defense mechanisms are kicking in too!

I don't want to lose this game, nor do I pretend to know all the possible playoff permutations. But, it just seems to be that of the 5 remaining games, this is the one we ..could.. lose and it would do the least amount of damage. In other words, if I had to choose, lose to the Raiders or Steelers? I think the Steelers is way more important to win.

One game at a time.....but Im really thinking we need to win out

WE have 3 favorable (but competitive) home games against the Steelers, Browns and Miami sandwiched by road games at Oakland and the Jets. We got to win all three at home and take one on the road, I don't care which one.

I believe that the odds (before the Jax game) had the Bills at 81% to make the playoffs at 10-6. It isn't a done deal but statistically it IS likely to get in at 10-6 not the other way around. It's getting to 10 wins that's the hard part. If they had to lose a game I suppose this would be the one. The next 2 weeks will tell the story IMO.

FWIW, 10-6 historically got you in at 87% of the time. The Bills were a little less with their conference record. I don't remember the site but it's the one that WGR uses for all of their analytical data.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am really scared. If they beat the Raiders, I will start getting my hopes up. I do not want them crushed, AGAIN, so maybe they should lose to the Raiders and then run the table. :beer:

i will Billieve if they win the next two. Lose one and they're done.

Yup and yup. 11-5 gets us in. 10-6 and we need a lot of help. I honestly don't see more than 9 wins happening, but while there's still a chance I'm rooting for it - one game at a time.

Teams get help every year...hell, we should know that...look at 2004 we needed a lot of help, got it and then lost to the Steelers backups...at home no less...

Posted this yesterday.

Wow, not too shabby. 5-0 and we are in, no questions.

The Bills haven't won a game against a team with a winning record this year and they face the 9-2 Raiders on...the...road, the 6-5 Steelers, the 7-4 Dolphins.

New England says hello.

New England says hello.

And that win was against a Patriots team who were forced to start an injured rookie 3rd string QB who went on IR right after the game!

Perhaps I should have said, the Bills haven't won a game against a QB with a winning record this year and they face the 9-2 Raiders on...the...road, the 6-5 Steelers, the 7-4 Dolphins.