Starting QB

Tenhigh

Starting QB  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB next week?

What about the flip side when he spins away from 2 guys? We never even talk about those plays but I will bet that he makes the most rushers miss in the NFL. He keeps a lot of plays alive that 95% of QBs would be sacked on.

Don't get me wrong, he is amazing when he can keep plays and drives alive while escaping sure sacks, plus he takes cares of the ball. He's dual threat, but he's not, just yet, and remains to be seen, an instinctive passer. He's a good overall thrower but not a great passer.

Sometimes I wonder what a different guy (not only the guys that are backing him up) would do when the time in the pocket is more than enough to make plays.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am awash in a sea of techno-shame. :cry:

All good.

If you want me to be honest. I honestly don't know. TT is the best option but his abilities are showing and I have no doubt that we would have lost to Cincy if Green wasn't hurt.

EJ is basically only getting in if the team is out of the playoffs and they want to see if they should extend him for cheap.

Cardale is in the same boat but for the game experience and no the extension.

Other is anyone that is better than the 3 on the team right now (slim pickins).

Edited by The Wiz

Don't get me wrong, he is amazing when he can keep plays and drives alive while escaping sure sacks, plus he takes cares of the ball. He's dual threat, but he's not, just yet, and remains to be seen, an instinctive passer. He's a good overall thrower but not a great passer.

Sometimes I wonder what a different guy (not only the guys that are backing him up) would do when the time in the pocket is more than enough to make plays.

I think that's fair.

Seeing a lot of Cardale talk on the board after yesterday's game. Who does everyone feel should start vs Jax? And why? The why is very important, imo. And FYI, its a public poll...

Who on Earth would be having Cardale talk? Answer is Tyrod, and its an easy answer.

1. Cardale - Geezus, how can anyone think this kid who was NOT ready enough to keep his job in College is somehow ready to play here is beyond me. The kid is raw and is a project, I wouldn't even be comfortable with him as the #2 QB let alone the #1. And there is exactly 0% chance he would play better than Tyrod.

2. EJ? You mean the same EJ that played an embarrassing game against Jax last year when he went 0-2 while TT was hurt? That EJ? Come on now...and I like EJ.

3. Can any of those guys play WR like Pryor because we need more help at WR than we do at QB.

4. We are in the playoff race still, there is exactly ZERO percent chance there will be a QB change...PERIOD...so why do people persist with this. Even Rex said after the Seattle game that he wished people saw how much TT really does out there and how much he's done for this team. Not a chance he will be replaced, especially when the guy keeps losing all his weapons and is playing with 2nd and 3rd tier players at the skill positions so much.

What about the flip side when he spins away from 2 guys? We never even talk about those plays but I will bet that he makes the most rushers miss in the NFL. He keeps a lot of plays alive that 95% of QBs would be sacked on.

And Sunday there was none of those. Actually they are getting few and far between. I am getting tired of him looking to get out of the pocket Immediately even when protection is sound (which is happening more and more)

But this season people are correct there should be no change. However if his play doesn't improve I don't want that option picked up either (even though it will because Bills like Rams will spout continuity and keep Rex). And we will be having similar not mathematically eliminated need major help to get in the playoffs threads this time next year as well like we have had for the past 16 seasons

Edited by MAJBobby

It's very obvious that Tyrod is the answer to the poll. There is a chasm between him and the other QBs on the roster. Cardale has a ton of physical tools but is still 2 years away IMO. I like him and have seen every snap that he's ever played. He has a chance to be good but shouldn't see the field before 2018.

I bet you would have said the exact same thing about Dak Prescott.

I am an OSU fan. I have seen as much (or more) of Cardale than pretty much everyone on this board. I have an irrational love for Cardale Jones. At the same time I know where he stands as a player. I would think that Yolo would agree that he won't be ready until 2018. He is a project with great tools.

Dak played a ton in college!! He elevated a bottom tier SEC program with his play. I didn't think that he was a great thrower coming out but he was much, much closer to being ready than Cardale. Cardale was the QB that I wanted in the draft because I wanted a high upside guy. I like Dak a lot and liked him in college.

I am not going to use the benefit of hindsight to judge players. That is not real.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Did Cardale light up the preseason like Dak did? Obviously, he didn't so that comparison isn't really apples to apples. Cardale is a project who literally wasnt ready to be the starter in college and lost his job because of it. And lets not forget, the Dak Prescotts of the NFL dont come around very often. Its very rare a QB comes into the league and has the kind of success he has had. Its also very rare a young QB comes into one of the best offensive lines of the last decade, and probably the best one along with a great TE, WR, and studly stable of running backs.

Our offense is not the Cowboys which is loaded around Dak...and Cardale is not Dak. 100% guarantee that Cardale will not play this year while we are in contention for playoffs without injuries to both TT and EJ. And the same people calling for him to start will be the same people demanding he gets cut if he somehow made it into a game because he would fail due to not being ready and not enough playmakers around him to help.

Edited by Alphadawg7

And Sunday there was none of those. Actually they are getting few and far between. I am getting tired of him looking to get out of the pocket Immediately even when protection is sound (which is happening more and more)

But this season people are correct there should be no change. However if his play doesn't improve I don't want that option picked up either (even though it will because Bills like Rams will spout continuity and keep Rex). And we will be having similar not mathematically eliminated need major help to get in the playoffs threads this time next year as well like we have had for the past 16 seasons

None?

Wow.

Cardale isn't ready. This isn't a Goff situation and he played a fraction of the football that guys like Wentz & Prescott have played. Cardale is well known and he's certainly got tools, but I don't see much sense in playing him as there's likely little he can show in 3-4 meaningless games that will sway the decision on him being the clear starter entering next year. Either Taylor plays himself into his contract for next year over the rest of the season or we'll be looking for a QB high in the draft or in free agency.

So Whaley took a QB in the 4th round who's a 2 - 3 year project? Brilliant.

Dak Prescott is leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl potentially, and the Bills are developing a 4th round 3 year project QB?

It's very obvious that Tyrod is the answer to the poll. There is a chasm between him and the other QBs on the roster. Cardale has a ton of physical tools but is still 2 years away IMO. I like him and have seen every snap that he's ever played. He has a chance to be good but shouldn't see the field before 2018. EJ simply cant play football at this level. There is not much more to say on him.

With that being said I thought that yesterday's game was one of the worst couple of games that Tyrod has played in a Bills uniform. I judge his performance on 3 things turnovers, red zone efficiency and 3rd down efficiency. The way that the Bills offense is designed he needs to be good in those areas to have success. The turnover was a great play but a poor decision. The play (and play calling) in the red zone and on 3rd down were really bad.

Those 3 factors are what had the Bills 10th in points. When they don't execute in those areas the offense struggles.

Remind me which offenses don't come down to some balance of success in those three? Any given week you can win with some freak big plays but if you can't string together reasonable drives that end with 7....

So Whaley took a QB in the 4th round who's a 2 - 3 year project? Brilliant.

Dak Prescott is leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl potentially, and the Bills are developing a 4th round 3 year project QB?

Maybe the problem isnt that were developing late round project QBs, maybe its who is developing our QBs

Seeing a lot of Cardale talk on the board after yesterday's game. Who does everyone feel should start vs Jax? And why? The why is very important, imo. And FYI, its a public poll...

not sure who other could be at this point in the season.

EJ had his shot, next.

Cardale is not even close.

TT needs to start so he can fully prove to ownership that he is not the guy.

Remind me which offenses don't come down to some balance of success in those three? Any given week you can win with some freak big plays but if you can't string together reasonable drives that end with 7....

No offense can be successful without those 3. That's kind of the point. Passing yards, QB rating, completion percentage really don't matter unless the plays are being made at the right time. The Bills are a run first offense so the QB will never throw for a ton of yards, a ton of TDs or a ton of INTs. We hear people on this board make the argument that he isn't good because "he only threw for ___ yards." That isn't really a factor to me when judging him. He's a different player asked to do different things. The totals in those areas will never be there based on opportunity. When the plays are made matters the most. As an example I think that Tyrod's completion percentage was good the other day. He did not play well. The plays were not made when they needed them. Edited by Kirby Jackson