Get Kirk Cousins in the offseason.

I wanted the Bills to draft Cousins when he came out. I still would like to see him to be on the Bills, but no way he doesn't sign a long term deal with Washington. He'll be the Redskins QB for the next 7-10 years.

You know what? That Mike Shanahan who was driven out of DC is looking pretty smart right about now with his 2 high-round QB draft strategy. You know what else? If Pegula had a do-over on the post 2014 coaching hire Mike Shanahan would be coaching the Bills right now. Remember how trading up for Griffin and then seeing him suffer a serious injury was going to destroy that franchise for the next decade?

EDIT: cue the obligatory "I'd rather be in the Bills situation now than the Redskins" responses.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the D.C. area and listen to their local sports radio. They can franchise tag him two more times apparently. Don't know how, but whatever.

He was unhappy about being tagged and is looking for as much, if not more guaranteed money than Luck got.

With that, if anyone wants him, they will need to give up the two 1st round picks and then sign him to a deal.

Considering his age and performance, I think someone will do it.

Exactly why threads such as this are a total waste of time with the subject beyond the realm of any possibility.

Now we want to talk a scenario like this and I will be interested

Sign Hoyer (let's say 9M cap hit, high I think but let's go there)

Draft Rookie early

Come into camp with 6M cap savings at the QB and a legitimate battle between Rookie and Hoyer

Now we want to talk a scenario like this and I will be interested

Sign Hoyer (let's say 9M cap hit, high I think but let's go there)

Draft Rookie early

Come into camp with 6M cap savings at the QB and a legitimate battle between Rookie and Hoyer

Hoyer is decent enough, but:

1) Gets hurt every year.

2) Would do no better than Tyrod over the course of a full season.

This is a pipe dream...

First off, the Bills will not be able to outbid Washington

Secondly, I doubt he would choose Buffalo, especially with the state of the WR group.

Is he better than Tyrod? Certainly looks that way, but I don't see a possibility of him becoming a Bill next season.

Personally, I think they should keep Tyrod he's actually reasonably priced for a starter. Then bring in Glennon or McCarron or someone along those lines to compete with him.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Hoyer is decent enough, but:

1) Gets hurt every year.

2) Would do no better than Tyrod over the course of a full season.

I get both those my thinking though is my Rookie beats out Hoyer in camp, but Hoyer would provide legit competition.

I get both those my thinking though is my Rookie beats out Hoyer in camp, but Hoyer would provide legit competition.

What rookie in CFB do you believe would be a candidate to be a 1st year starting QB? Prescott is a major exception this season. As promising as Wentz looked early on, he has really struggled lately.

They can just tag him again...

What rookie in CFB do you believe would be a candidate to be a 1st year starting QB? Prescott is a major exception this season. As promising as Wentz looked early on, he has really struggled lately.

Wentz's problems are the same as Tyrods. He's missing pretty badly too. Didn't watch Goff, but i heard it was rather uninspiring.

Why would i want to hitch my trailer to the 3rd or 4th best rookie QB this year...? Rex knows its playoffs or bust next year. This indicates bust - him and whaley would get fired.

Year 1 of a new coach/GM - sure i could see it. But Year 3? They're going to want to bring their guy back... which also means 4 years for Tyrod.

Edited by dneveu

Got two right now Watson and Turbinksy

They can just tag him again...

Wentz's problems are the same as Tyrods. He's missing pretty badly too. Didn't watch Goff, but i heard it was rather uninspiring.

Why would i want to hitch my trailer to the 3rd or 4th best rookie QB this year...? Rex knows its playoffs or bust next year. This indicates bust - him and whaley would get fired.

Year 1 of a new coach/GM - sure i could see it. But Year 3? They're going to want to bring their guy back... which also means 4 years for Tyrod.

Because if I am the GM I see Taylor is not good enough and I draft for the future of the team not to placate a below AVG HC.

Got two right now Watson and Turbinksy

Browns, bears, jets, 49ers... all pick in front of us. Browns might get 2 picks in front of us... All need Qbs.

I honestly think Whaley is in your camp that he'd like to see better play there - but he's more likely to keep his job if he can build a playoff team now, not in 3 years. Sure its not a super bowl winner, but getting the monkey off the back would do well for his job security.

Browns, bears, jets, 49ers... all pick in front of us. Browns might get 2 picks in front of us... All need Qbs.

I honestly think Whaley is in your camp that he'd like to see better play there - but he's more likely to keep his job if he can build a playoff team now, not in 3 years. Sure its not a super bowl winner, but getting the monkey off the back would do well for his job security.

How many people were picking in from if Philly before they decided to go get Wentz? If you see a Franchise QB stop being scared and go get him.

Bills wait for to often and get burnt for it.

Loved Prescott but refused to trade up in a position to get him. Instead will trade up for a ILB.

Bills loved Cam, didn't want to move up to get him.

Far to often they take the conservative approach in the draft. So if they like Watson or Trubinksy then freaking man up and go get them.

How many people were picking in from if Philly before they decided to go get Wentz? If you see a Franchise QB stop being scared and go get him.

Bills wait for to often and get burnt for it.

Loved Prescott but refused to trade up in a position to get him. Instead will trade up for a ILB.

Bills loved Cam, didn't want to move up to get him.

Far to often they take the conservative approach in the draft. So if they like Watson or Trubinksy then freaking man up and go get them.

Is this the year to do that though? I'm all for going up and getting a guy you really like him. But do they think those 2 guys are worth trading up for?

Is this the year to do that though? I'm all for going up and getting a guy you really like him. But do they think those 2 guys are worth trading up for?

I don't know if they think they are or not yet. Those reports will start to surface after season over

You want Hoyer to be our QB.....LOL

Know what is funny is he would be a better passer than Tyrod and lead this team to a .500 record at half the price. Ooo wait never mind that isn't funny it is sad.

And reading comprehension I said I could be interested in that. I have my plan and have had it for awhile. Take an early QB

Edited by MAJBobby

Cousins probably won't be available until 2018 because the Native Americans will franchise him. He's not happy with the GM, who made him play for peanuts this year on a prove it deal. If they don't open up the bank, he'll be on a one-year franchise deal. Bottom line is we passed on Wilson and Captain Kirk for TfingJ Graham. Any wonder it's gonna be 17 and counting? BTW, I told you so about Cousins, who nobody on this board liked.

Cousins probably won't be available until 2018 because the Native Americans will franchise him. He's not happy with the GM, who made him play for peanuts this year on a prove it deal. If they don't open up the bank, he'll be on a one-year franchise deal. Bottom line is we passed on Wilson and Captain Kirk for TfingJ Graham. Any wonder it's gonna be 17 and counting? BTW, I told you so about Cousins, who nobody on this board liked.

19 million is peanuts?

Bills do need a True Pocket Passer. Guarantee you all those poor thrown passes yesterday are better with Cousins. Plus more TD's instead of Field Goals.

Watching Cousins put up 375 yds and 3 TDs seems totally alien for the Bills.

Redskins also run a lot and he would fit in great here.

Sure. Washington will just let him walk out and they'll say goodbye and good luck. :rolleyes:

Don't ruin all the fun Geez, don't you have some thread to start :D

Cousins is an upgrade.... question is how much of one? Is it enough to throw the $23m a year he will want at him?

Is Tyrod at $16.5m actually better value of the two? Moving from Tyrod to Cousins costs you another player or two. I am open minded to it... he has certainly impressed me Cousins since the middle of last season he has played better than I ever thought him capable. He does have great weapons there in Washington though, which he wouldn't here.

EDIT: Should also say I think Washington are going to decide that they do LIKE THAT and pay him - they played it absolutely spot on last year with the franchise tag. Was a very, very good decision.

I don't care about monetary value I want to win. We payed that bum Mario 20 mil I'm sure we could work out a deal for Cousins.

Cousins didn't set the world on fire and has had his ups and downs but Washington saw his potential and stuck with him. Living in Michigan and watching Michigan State play, If the Bills were really smart, go after and make a deal for Connor Cook. Across the board here people found Cook a better QB than Cousins. You could get him without breaking the bank and in the end I think have a better QB.

We should have drafted Cook last yr as he was the most NFL ready. I totally agree that he was better than Cousins. Have no clue why Oakland traded up to get him when he will be on the bench while he is there. Whaley wont trade for him.

I will take Tyrod over KC any day. You guys are never happy.

:lol:

TT throws for around 160 yds a game and your happy? You must love be mediocre forever.

Chad Kelly is going to look great in a Bills uniform can't wait :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cousins looks good but why stop there?

Let's get Brady in the off-season.

If that falls through, Aaron Rodgers.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's not true, I liked Cousins. And Carr as well.

Plenty of others who didn't turn out nearly as well, mind you, but I did like those two.

I wanted the Bills to draft Cousins when he came out. I still would like to see him to be on the Bills, but no way he doesn't sign a long term deal with Washington. He'll be the Redskins QB for the next 7-10 years.

So you're saying there's a chance?

it wont work we play good defenses...packers suck 5 out of 6 30+ and back to back 40 burgers .....get in line everyone is killing the packers

So you genuinely think that Taylor could break his 300 yard cherry against them?

Not a chance Washington lets him walk

I think so..because Washington won't pay him good money in fact a low ball offer. Bills should go for it. Bills have not had a better QB since Kelly. Need to get better at that QB position for Playoffs to happen.

Read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2016/11/21/like-him-now-kirk-cousins-deserves-a-redskins-ransom/

Washington is desperate for a franchise QB , giving up a fortune in picks to move up for RG3.

They won the lottery with Cousins just like Dak for Dallas. No way they let Kirk walk JMO

Washington's gm would have paid Cousins by july money he wanted. But he failed to do so. Cousins is a great QB. He will walk away from Washington. He is worth what he is asking...... Bills should show him $$$$. Cousins makes the bills a contender.

19 million peanuts...

He's seemed to turn a corner... even though they considered benching him earlier this year.

Know what is funny is he would be a better passer than Tyrod and lead this team to a .500 record at half the price. Ooo wait never mind that isn't funny it is sad.

And reading comprehension I said I could be interested in that. I have my plan and have had it for awhile. Take an early QB

I like Hoyer a lot - but I just worry its Kolb all over again. Guy seems to always be hurt.