Rumor: Some in Bills org want to move on from Dareus

YoloinOhio

This is the why handing Dareus a massive contract with no language regarding suspensions for failing drug tests was laughed at around the league. The Eagles had a similar situation with Lane Johnson, a very talented OT, but one who had previously been suspended for PED use. So, the Eagles included in his massive contract extension, language that protected the team against the player making a foolish decision and using PED's again. What happened? Lane got popped again for PED use and was suspended for 10 games. Because the Eagles were diligent in their contract negotiation all of Lane Johnson's contact guarantees are now gone.........poof......they are on the hook for $0 if they want to cut him.

The Bills, on the other hand, have no protection at all and thus Dareus is an uncuttable and untradeable "ass"et. His dead money is massive and cutting him anytime before 2019 doesn't save the Bills any cap money whatsoever, it actually hurts them.

There were many informative NFL "guys" I follow on twitter that couldn't believe the Bills didn't protect themselves against something like this. So I blame, Overdorf or Whaley or whoever the hell signed off on this deal full well knowing the team would be screwed financially if Dareus did what he ended up doing.

And lastly, I loved Dareus, really did. But that really changed this year. He let everybody down again, and to me, the optics of his behavior is very troubling. I still don't think he's taken responsibility for any of his stupidity and asinine decisions. He seems to be that guy that blames everything and anyone beside himself.

As painful as this post is, it cuts to the heart of it. Whaley and Co f'd this one up. They seem to get over exuberant about "premiere" players.

Yes! But they did give him a stern talking to before signing him so thats pretty much the same thing right?

Giving someone who has had issues a huge contract with tons of guaranteed money and then expecting them to be more motivated is the epitome of idiotic. If someone gave me $100 mil Ill admit I would probably be a lazy tub of goo too knowing that I'm set for the rest of my life either way so where's the motivation to perform?

That is where you and i differ then. I would strive to no end to reward my boss for his faith in me to perform.

ya ole tub a goo !

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is where you and i differ then. I would strive to no end to reward my boss for his faith in me to perform.

ya ole tub a goo !

I used to think that. Out of college I had an entry level job and I was like man I should be running this joint, if they paid me what I'm worth I would work so much harder. Fast forward to today and I make triple and I'll admit that I probably do half the work. It's hard not to get comfortable once you get to the top. If they thought they were going to get a better version of Dareus by showing him the money then that is silly. You are either self motivated or not. If you are just about the money then you will work just hard enough to get that money but then after that where is the incentive?

Can we move on from Russ Brandon first?

Was the first guy I wanted to see be shown the door when Pegula took over.

Instead, he got another promotion.....jeez

This is the man that has Pegula's ear more than anyone else in the Bill org., IMO, and that really troubles me.

Although very painful I could see the Bills offloading him before he gets himself a year or lifetime ban. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility regardless of the $$ consequences.

If you know the grenade is going to go off, throw it in someone else's yard before you're paying the full contract to a player who's banned from the league.

Damn, I thought I was the only one piling dung onto the Darues train. This guy is very talented. He can play most of the Defensive snaps when he is healthy. But there is the issue. This guy was suspended for the first four games, comes into play out of shape, and is just a liability now. He can't get on the field to help and I would really rather have someone else sitting in there then this guy. Now the issue becomes his great contract signed off by good ol Doug Whaley. Whaley just screws up the contracts to much. He hits on the players, but then makes dumb financial dealings which cause issues for years to come. Darues is the highest paid bench warmer on the Bills for the next couple of seasons.

Now lets hunt the good stuff. He looks great modeling the sweat gear on the sideline and during practice. Will help sell bills gear to potential fans.

Giving massive contract with no team protection to an at risk player is a bigger !@#$ up than trading up for a WR in a deep WR draft class. Sure Whaley "added talent" but we're still not where we need to be and hasn't been relevant in the Salary Cap era.

I used to think that. Out of college I had an entry level job and I was like man I should be running this joint, if they paid me what I'm worth I would work so much harder. Fast forward to today and I make triple and I'll admit that I probably do half the work. It's hard not to get comfortable once you get to the top. If they thought they were going to get a better version of Dareus by showing him the money then that is silly. You are either self motivated or not. If you are just about the money then you will work just hard enough to get that money but then after that where is the incentive?

Don't worry I have messaged your boss.

Jason Cole from Bleacher Report is the reporter

@pfrumors

Some Bills Execs Want To Dump Marcell Dareus

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/11/bills-frustrated-marcell-dareus

very interested to see what we could get in a trade. If we dump him we are idiots

We should've drafted Patrick Peterson or AJ Green instead

JJ Watt

Can we move on from Russ Brandon first?

Amen!

Dareus proved to me that he all about himself rather than a true team player. Doubt it will be easy to unload him due to the Ridiculous contract he has. Could he be traded for Draft picks? maybe not. But if it is possible....get rid of the bum.

Who's going to trade for a monster contract, multiple suspensions, and doesn't even have the discipline to be in tip top shape in week 5. You pull a groin and hamstring in his case because your not in shape and overweight. Don't forget a couple of years ago he came to TC so out of shape he couldn't practice for almost two weeks.

Who's going to trade for a monster contract, multiple suspensions, and doesn't even have the discipline to be in tip top shape in week 5. You pull a groin and hamstring in his case because your not in shape and overweight. Don't forget a couple of years ago he came to TC so out of shape he couldn't practice for almost two weeks.

Fire Whaley for creating this mess! Damn shame a selfish Nose Tackle. care more about his bad habit than his teammates...Loser.

You know who they should "let go of"? The idiots who gave him that contract, starting with Overdorf. I'm sorry but it's true - an accountable organization would send those clowns packing. But this is the Bills, so I'd expect they'll be defended and promoted.

Exactly. Does Pegula have a clue about what a winning football team is supposed to be? I agree gut the upper organization from the Ralph left overs.

Edited by Sanjosebillsfan