john murphy bills propaganda machine

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you guys realize every time the bills is upset at a player or done with them, the first person to call them out is JOHN MURPHY...Last year after the game in London he loudly proclaim I am done with EJ Manuel.. granted EJ played poorly, but did he mention how horrible the defense played that day, especially giving up the winning touchdown drive.. Now on the trade deadline him and his new side kick jumps all over Gilmore... these guys are still on the team, Murphy works for the bills, does he ever intend to talk to these guys again... on the flip side Dareus has had a horrible season but he is celebrating his return. not once discussing how this guy has lets down the fans, organization and teammates. Murphy is the mainly defender of all the lousy bills head coaches until they leave. He defended Marrone until he quit on the bills, then he could even mention his name.. That's why he was done with EJ after London. Through all the changes over the years, the one constant is Murphy and Chris Brown. I find this guy to be so unprofessional and always wonder why players and fans tolerate is bias, one-sided organizational view point. but if you want to know what the organization is thinking listen to this guy... So bye, bye Gilmore and EJ, hope you guys find better success somewhere else

I enjoy listening to Murph, I think he's good. he will never really be too critical, but maybe that's why I prefer them over Schopp & The Bulldog. If I want to listen to or read critical comments regarding the Bills I come here or read a Sulivan article. Also, I think Brown is good as well.

Edited by ricojes

I've said it before - John Murphy selling out to the Bills is the biggest loss for WNY sports

Guy was a fantastic journalist before he became a shill

Really? I just don't get the impression he's very bright. His show is pretty painful to listen to...I only do so if I'm hoping for a practice tidbit about a player's health.

Last week they had Dan Fouts on by phone and Murph completely missed a Fouts joke. There was an awkward pause and you could tell Fouts was thinking, "who is this moron?"

Really? I just don't get the impression he's very bright. His show is pretty painful to listen to...I only do so if I'm hoping for a practice tidbit about a player's health.

Last week they had Dan Fouts on by phone and Murph completely missed a Fouts joke. There was an awkward pause and you could tell Fouts was thinking, "who is this moron?"

I heard that...pretty brutal. There's usually one awkward pause during whoever they interview. Jones had an awkward moment with Ross Tucker today. But that's what you get when your interviewing style is just to rapid fire questions and not listen to the responses in order to develop a thoughtful follow-up response.

So he isn't publicly badmouthing what essentially mounts to his coworkers on the radio? Who exactly is the real idiot here?

lets not get too crazy here. It's not like he plays QB for the team. He still has a job to do and he sugar coats everything.

Does anyone on this board leave Buffalo?

Every team in every sport has hometown announcers. Warren Moon is analyst for the Seahawks and he is as much a Homer as the NBA guys here in Portland.

They aren't supposed to be objective. It's not their job. They are part of the marketing.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/117231139/10-27-dan-fouts-on-the-john-murphy-show.htm?pageid=1114062

The interview is @ 12 minutes long. The missed joke comes at 10:45.

Classic Murph.

Does anyone on this board leave Buffalo?

Every team in every sport has hometown announcers. Warren Moon is analyst for the Seahawks and he is as much a Homer as the NBA guys here in Portland.

They aren't supposed to be objective. It's not their job. They are part of the marketing.

THANK YOU!

I have lived all over the country - still listen to WGR by phone app when I can- every NFL city has a "flagship" station - good Lord they all support that team-

He is bright !

you do realize he is paid directly by the bills, he is a big part of their PR machine.

having said that, he has the best bills show by far and is very fair.

I think Murph is good at his job.

Sully seemingly gets paid to be negative. Murph gets paid to be positive.

But Murph's's no more positive than many on this site. Some fans just prefer optimism and he strikes me as one of those types.

If I had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, I'd much prefer to be stuck with Murph than Sully.