john murphy bills propaganda machine

I almost never hear him bad talk a player ever. He is always the most rose colored idiot I've ever heard. I get it he works for the Bills but sometimes it would be nice to hear him actually get into the players. I have not heard this about Gilmore, and id be surprised if he doesn't change his tune after a game or so. Making more excuses for him or anyone else

this is correct. his show is unlistenable. i remember how pissed off he sounded one time when EJ was still starting and someone referred to him as a "just a game manager"...like he was this dynamic talent that just hadn't been given enough time...i thought it was hilarious.

he should just stick to calling the game. he's good at that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in southern Ontario and was happy that I would get to listen to WGR while driving. I've listened to his show for 3 days in a row. I couldnt last more than 15 minutes.

HE IS AWFUL.

DO you know who else is awful? Rex Ryan press conferences. I hated the way he was talking about Bennett. He is such a BS guy.

I have said it before but I find the apologists who seek out fans to be mad at tend to be the more negative, humorless types.

I gotta' give Cubs fans credit.......as a fanbase they were so in touch with their teams hilarious COMPLETE ineptitude that they were virtually without ego and very classy in victory.

If the Bills won a Super Bowl their apologists would be screaming Brady sucks and acting a fool and all kinds of b*llshit trying to somehow get back the perceived dignity they've lost.

It's a pro sports team..........you don't own it and you aren't alumni........it's just a product.......it's ok to hold them accountable for failure.

If the Bills ever won a Super Bowl, the apologists would be saying they were the greatest fans for having true faith and running down all the non-believers. Everyone else would be too busy partying to post in here.

Not to keep ripping on Murph...

But listening to his interview with Rian Lindell makes me think of the The Chris Farley Show on SNL...Paul McCartney interview is legendary. Thank god Lindell is pretty good in front of a mic.

If the Bills ever won a Super Bowl, the apologists would be saying they were the greatest fans for having true faith and running down all the non-believers. Everyone else would be too busy partying to post in here.

You'd be too busy running down the "Stooges" to notice, lol.

What I find particularly dangerous about "The John Murphy Show" is that it is, in fact, paid programming by the Bills. Not only do they own the content, they produce it from their own studio at One Bills Drive.

Yet, in my opinion, Entercom and WGR 550 do a VERY poor job of distinguishing that very important fact from its listeners. "Buffalo Bills Radio" is literally an infomercial passing itself off as objective programming. That is dangerous in an already bitter, divisive media climate, even in sports media.

It's "sponsored content" or whatever buzz-worthy slick Russ Brandon-approved marketing term you want to use. It's state run media at it's worst, and it is deliberately hidden from it's audience.

If you remember, the producer at WGR control used to do the sports updates at :00 and :30, but now John does them himself. Why? Because that producer, who does more work than anyone else, and gets paid minimum wage without the possibility of a raise or full time air shift, is not a Pegula Sports and Entertainment employee.

Therefore, the Bills cannot completely control the message, and it's possible there'd be a conflict that PSE simply can't have. Ever notice how Murphy will never lead with hockey or the Sabres, even if it's a game night, even when Jack Eichel gets a serious injury and dominates the hockey headlines throughout the NHL?

If whoever writes the copy for those updates did it right, he'd lead with the Sabres. It's sort of like 97 Rock starting to admit the 90's happened 26 years ago. It's reality. Stop ignoring it and giving your audience zero credit. And yes, I know PSE owns both franchises. But the Bills are still king, in terms of national relevance and profit margin for sure.

Fans can choose to consume whatever coverage they want. But this team has been bad for a generation. It's an unacceptably long time, with which it is physiologically possible to have been born, and then have a child, all within the 17 year playoff drought. It's mathematically possible that 2 generations of people are alive on this planet never having experienced a Bills playoff game.

Honesty, accountability, and accuracy are paramount when covering a team that takes public money hand over fist, and fails to produce results.

this is correct. his show is unlistenable. i remember how pissed off he sounded one time when EJ was still starting and someone referred to him as a "just a game manager"...like he was this dynamic talent that just hadn't been given enough time...i thought it was hilarious.

he should just stick to calling the game. he's good at that.

Uh, not really.

:cry: