Fire the FO

gr8billsfan

Let's see ...

Wade Phillips - fire and he killed himself RJ over Doug Flutie set off this curse ...

Gregg Williams - hired that didn't work

Mike Malarkley - hired that didn't work

Dick Juron - hired that didn't work

Chan Gailey - hired that didn't work

Doug Marone - hired that didn't work

Rex Ryan - hired that hasn't worked either

From the GM perspective, it's just as pathetic

As I understand it, the last 3 coaches were not selected by the GM. Think Brandon and Pegula.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Whaley (again someone I do like) there has been enough risk in his draft to start really digging into the risk reward of his drafts.

Example Shaq think he is going to be a very good player, but for this Bills team would that have been the right pick.

Sammy who I think is an elite talent and will be a very good WR for a long time. Was giving up the assets to go get him when the QB is a huge ? And you have a coach that runs very conservative football really the right move.

Hiring Rex is on the Pegulas, not on Whaley, I think. Rex reports to them, not to Whaley. He is not Whaley's man, though Whaley has tried to make the best of the situation and give Rex the QB and the players in the draft and coaching staff that Rex has said he needed.

Hiring Rex is on the Pegulas, not on Whaley, I think. Rex reports to them, not to Whaley. He is not Whaley's man, though Whaley has tried to make the best of the situation and give Rex the QB and the players in the draft and coaching staff that Rex has said he needed.

That comment wasn't about Rex it was Marrone. Granted that was a Nix and Brandon Hire. Whaley knew he was a conservative minded coach with a ? At QB. Traded up for Sammy.

Again I like Sammy a ton I think he will be a dynamic WR with a QB. But my point was is that really the draft pick the team that Marrone was fielding needed.

Those are my questions to Whaley and again I like Whaley I think he has one hell of an eye for talent of the field, but that is a scout not a GM.

Pegulas have similar on their Hockey Team one hell of an eye for talent. The different is it is GMTM show over there. Here in Bills land I really question if it is Whaleys show

Edited by MAJBobby

First I really look at our scouts. Who has been here the entire time and see what players they have identified mainly QBs. Look at their scouting reports. If they identified players properly (even on other teams keep them).

Move to Whaley (who I really do like) either give him full control of everything or look at his drafts and ask why he took this guy over a guy that one of the scouts identified etc etc (though I do think Whaley finds good ingredients.

Coaching staff I find a coaching staff that will play the 4-3 and has a history of getting Pressure with 4 ala Schwartz.

I can David Lee and never let him near a QB again. Find a guy that has a history of developing or being around QBs there are enough of them out there Running development camps and such.

HC I actually want a leader of men, someone that has built a staff. Doesn't need to be a former HC in NFL but someone that has a history of building good staffs, you can identify them in college too. And someone that will be innovative

I know these are more qualities than names but haven't dug into names yet I do that in offseason.

Not sure if that's what you were getting at though. But I also really like Manos but a promote from within I am not sure is gonna fly

With Whaley (again someone I do like) there has been enough risk in his draft to start really digging into the risk reward of his drafts.

Example Shaq think he is going to be a very good player, but for this Bills team would that have been the right pick.

Sammy who I think is an elite talent and will be a very good WR for a long time. Was giving up the assets to go get him when the QB is a huge ? And you have a coach that runs very conservative football really the right move.

That comment wasn't about Rex it was Marrone. Granted that was a Nix and Brandon Hire. Whaley knew he was a conservative minded coach with a ? At QB. Traded up for Sammy.

Again I like Sammy a ton I think he will be a dynamic WR with a QB. But my point was is that really the draft pick the team that Marrone was fielding needed.

Those are my questions to Whaley and again I like Whaley I think he has one hell of an eye for talent of the field, but that is a scout not a GM.

Pegulas have similar on their Hockey Team one hell of an eye for talent. The different is it is GMTM show over there. Here in Bills land I really question if it is Whaleys show

Hey do you like Whaley?

Hey do you like Whaley?

Whaley is doing his job a heck of a lot more then anyone else in my opinion (and that includes TT)

Rex Ryan was not his fault

Finding quarterbacks is tough

He has done a good job finding talent...do we blame him for losing Henderson (I feel a big reason to our drop off)

or injuries

Or RR's flawed D?

The only thing I really blame him for at this point for this season is the bad choices for backup safeties

1. Let go of Rex and the entire staff including Reed; maybe keep Crossman - I really don't think special teams coaches matter one bit and if anything our special teams are fine

2. Agree - find a HC that will run the 4-3

3. Let Gilmore walk

4. Put Watkins on IR now and get the second surgery he needs

5. Bring A. Williams back

6. Get rid of P. Brown

7. Sign Z. Brown now

8. Don't overspend on Lorax - he was a flash in the pan and won't command more than the veteran minimum on the free market

9. Draft safety, QB, DB, TE

10. If they can get Woods on a decent deal bring him back too

Let's see ...

Wade Phillips - fire and he killed himself RJ over Doug Flutie set off this curse ...

Gregg Williams - hired that didn't work

Mike Malarkley - hired that didn't work

Dick Juron - hired that didn't work

Chan Gailey - hired that didn't work

Doug Marone - hired that didn't work

Rex Ryan - hired that hasn't worked either

From the GM perspective, it's just as pathetic

Not a stellar group, but the list of QBs those coaches were asked to win with is even worse.

this team defiantly need someone who knows what the f%$# they are doing.. no one in this organization knows anything about football.... spend some money Pegula and get people who know something about the way to run and coach this pathetic team if you can call them a team.

Do not be the Rams and settle for .500 and tout continuity.

I said to blow it up from the get go but knew he wouldn't of because of how he ran the Sabres. So we need to totally collapse before Pegs will make changes so maybe after Rex's contract.

Lets hope their is an Eichel at the end of the Rainbow.

First I really look at our scouts. Who has been here the entire time and see what players they have identified mainly QBs. Look at their scouting reports. If they identified players properly (even on other teams keep them).

Move to Whaley (who I really do like) either give him full control of everything or look at his drafts and ask why he took this guy over a guy that one of the scouts identified etc etc (though I do think Whaley finds good ingredients.

Coaching staff I find a coaching staff that will play the 4-3 and has a history of getting Pressure with 4 ala Schwartz.

I can David Lee and never let him near a QB again. Find a guy that has a history of developing or being around QBs there are enough of them out there Running development camps and such.

HC I actually want a leader of men, someone that has built a staff. Doesn't need to be a former HC in NFL but someone that has a history of building good staffs, you can identify them in college too. And someone that will be innovative

I know these are more qualities than names but haven't dug into names yet I do that in offseason.

Not sure if that's what you were getting at though. But I also really like Manos but a promote from within I am not sure is gonna fly

I agree on David Lee. Tyrod might not be heeding advice from him (can't say anything with certainty) but his track record is pretty poor. Wouldn't carry him over. In fact, I would probably start from scratch with the coaching staff.

I'm not against ripping the FO up and starting again but I'm good with keeping Whaley, Monos and Rob Hanrahan (Director of Pro Personnel). I don't see the team as talent-deficient in a lot of areas, I put quite a bit on coaching.

As HC, I want an offensive-minded guy. Leading candidate for me is Jim Bob Cooter, I think his work with the Lions has been superb. He's got Stafford playing smarter, I think he could use Shady in the passing game the way he currently uses Theo Riddick. I have faith that he could either guide a rookie QB and limit the negatives of a journeyman vet. Cooter can install any OC he's comfortable with, anyone that's on the same page with him philosophy-wise.

My current pick for DC might get laughed at given recent years but I'm taking a gamble on Gus Bradley (I mean JAX have to fire him, right?). He's clearly not HC material but I would bring him in to install a similar Cover-3 heavy scheme that he's run in Seattle and Jacksonville. That forces us into the 21st century with an athletic roving FS.

I'd even try and poach Pete Alamar from Stanford to be the ST coach. Had two years at Fresno State, they blocked 18 kicks in those two seasons. Good track record with the return game as well.

Edited by Blokestradamus

If TPegs acts in a similar way to what he did with the Sabres, then some heads will roll.

Even Eichel isn't what we think he is. Take a look at Mathews, Laine, McDavid. Eichel's probably #4 on that list.

yes he is and he's better than 4th on that list.