Fire the FO

gr8billsfan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ties into my "FIRE THE FO" topic that was started in Oct. But yes, Terry fire the FO and Rex. Anything less of that will continue the status quo of a ****ty football program. Surprised there's not riots outside OBD yet.

I honestly am not down on Whaley

Rex? I have this feeling I am going to not like him so much in the morning

I think it's pretty simple. At all costs, any team needs a QB. Once you have one, you build from there. Legit QB at all costs. That's where rebuilding starts.

Yup; everything else is noise until they find a QB. It's not possible to compete at the highest level without one.

They are staying the course because they have drafted their QB

If they blow it up they blow up what is a pretty good defense

I can see why they are not

Yeah because Fisher was good YEARS ago.

Ours well same thing. Let extend him

Here's an interesting discussion point (Bobby, I don't want to hijack the thread but I think it ties in).

If we rebuild, what do you get rid of? What do you keep, if anything? What do you replace them with?

First I really look at our scouts. Who has been here the entire time and see what players they have identified mainly QBs. Look at their scouting reports. If they identified players properly (even on other teams keep them).

Move to Whaley (who I really do like) either give him full control of everything or look at his drafts and ask why he took this guy over a guy that one of the scouts identified etc etc (though I do think Whaley finds good ingredients.

Coaching staff I find a coaching staff that will play the 4-3 and has a history of getting Pressure with 4 ala Schwartz.

I can David Lee and never let him near a QB again. Find a guy that has a history of developing or being around QBs there are enough of them out there Running development camps and such.

HC I actually want a leader of men, someone that has built a staff. Doesn't need to be a former HC in NFL but someone that has a history of building good staffs, you can identify them in college too. And someone that will be innovative

I know these are more qualities than names but haven't dug into names yet I do that in offseason.

Not sure if that's what you were getting at though. But I also really like Manos but a promote from within I am not sure is gonna fly

Edited by MAJBobby

With Whaley (again someone I do like) there has been enough risk in his draft to start really digging into the risk reward of his drafts.

Example Shaq think he is going to be a very good player, but for this Bills team would that have been the right pick.

Sammy who I think is an elite talent and will be a very good WR for a long time. Was giving up the assets to go get him when the QB is a huge ? And you have a coach that runs very conservative football really the right move.

And your prepared for that next 3 year journey?

It was all about Carr

As for that 3 year journey, here's what I've learned this year: 1. Tyrod is adequate. You MAY be able to get in the playoffs with him sometime during his extension if everything breaks right. 2. Brady and the Pats ain't going away for 3 years. It seems impossible. But to see him performing as well as ever at his age is also impossible. 3. That means staying the course means playing for a wild card, or playing on the possibility that Brady will suffer a major injury or suddenly show his age, Peyton Manning style. This recipe has not brought success in 17 years. So realistically, you're not giving up a whole lot in the present by building for 2020. Sad, yes. But true.

Let's see ...

Wade Phillips - fire and he killed himself RJ over Doug Flutie set off this curse ...

Gregg Williams - hired that didn't work

Mike Malarkley - hired that didn't work

Dick Juron - hired that didn't work

Chan Gailey - hired that didn't work

Doug Marone - hired that didn't work

Rex Ryan - hired that hasn't worked either

From the GM perspective, it's just as pathetic