Anyone want Spiller over Bush?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority but I would not mind kicking the tires and finding out about his knee and what he can do.

I also would not mind if the Bills signed Karlos Williams off the Steelers practice squad (if he has not been promoted already).

I may be in the minority but I would not mind kicking the tires and finding out about his knee and what he can do.

I also would not mind if the Bills signed Karlos Williams off the Steelers practice squad (if he has not been promoted already).

I'd assume the Saints did that, hence the money. He also couldn't crack time on the field with Seattle with their crap rb situation.

I think the answer has been made.

I think CJ could be good as a receiving back, but we have all said the same of Bush and it appears Lynn isn't really interested in using him for that purpose all that much. I will say, however, that our OL has been mostly better than Seattle's, so maybe CJ would fare better here.

I think CJ could be good as a receiving back, but we have all said the same of Bush and it appears Lynn isn't really interested in using him for that purpose all that much. I will say, however, that our OL has been mostly better than Seattle's, so maybe CJ would fare better here.

CJ Spiller actually was effective in Seattle, he just didn't get many touches, but when he did they were mostly good. He played in 2 games for them, and here is what he did:

Game 1: 2 carries for 12 yards plus 2 receptions with a TD. So he touched the ball just 4 times, and scored.

Game 2: 1 carry, -3 yards but had 3 catches for 38 yards.

And that was with him just signing and not knowing the playbook or the offense.

Now look at Reggie:

In 7 games, and this was with him being here through training camp too, here is his total production.

7 carries for 6 yards. Spiller beat his season long total on his first 2 carries in Seattle.

1 reception for 13 yards. Spiller grossly did more here in his first 2 games with 5 catches and a TD for 45 yards.

1 one yard TD run this past week. Spiller and him each have one TD but Spiller did it in 2 games and not knowing the offense and it took Bush 7 games to get a 1 yard score that had more to do with our OL than him.

I would say its safe to say it might be worth looking at Spiller over Bush.

However, that being said another poster said something i think makes much more sense than either Bush or Spiller...lets get J Will more involved instead and maybe look at poaching Karlos Williams back off the Pitt practice squad assuming he is still there which I have no idea if he is.

Edited by Alphadawg7

When a team goes through injuries it's always the best thing to lean on your vets. We have an excellent source in Bush and I find it disappointing and telling that he's not being used. I really think it's because Taylor can't wrap his head around using a player because he can't set things up. He's a play it as it comes kind of player.

He's like the guy that when you huddled up as a kids playing back yard football - said get open and I'll find you.

I''m up for a little Karlos at this point......