Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

6 hours ago, Gary M said:

I can see Maggie and Daryl wanting Negan dead, but why would Jesus go along with it, he has been the people don't need to die guy.

Exactly... that plot point aggravated me so much.  

The one scene that encapsulated how total disjointed this season was was when Negan woke up with Rick and Michonne standing over him. 

Rick threating to tear out his stitches one whole minute before saying, "We're not going to hurt you."  

Not to mention during their fight scene he pleads for Negan to stop so they can discuss Carl's wish for peace... AND THEN SLICING HIS FREAKING THROAT!!!  

Maggie are you ever gonna drop that kid?  Well I suppose you have to actually show some signs for pregnancy first.  

And the Fear the Walking Dead mini episode was just bizarre!!  That is quite the family truckster they had in that show!

Edited by Bullpen

Maggie is going to betray Rick? Does that follow the comics? And they laid the basis for that with Maggie and maybe Daryl, but not with Jesus. Oddly done. 

Glad Negan is still around. Clearly more to come. 

And uhh. Let’s be real on Rick’s Negan mercy. Slicing open his throat was not exactly like shooting him in the leg when it comes to chance of death. And he didn’t know a kind of Doc would be right there. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Maggie is going to betray Rick? Does that follow the comics? And they laid the basis for that with Maggie and maybe Daryl, but not with Jesus. Oddly done. 

Glad Negan is still around. Clearly more to come. 

And uhh. Let’s be real on Rick’s Negan mercy. Slicing open his throat was not exactly like shooting him in the leg when it comes to chance of death. And he didn’t know a kind of Doc would be right there. 

I believe there is a divergence.  

Did Negan die in the comics?. Sorry graphic novel.  

32 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I believe there is a divergence.  

Did Negan die in the comics?. Sorry graphic novel.  

No.  He was imprisoned.

Carl lived, however, and had a much more developed relationship with Negan.  So yes, there is a divergence. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You know, watching this "Fear the Walking Dead" episode...it would have been SUCH a better idea to make the series "Morgan walks around the country meeting people."  

Not sure what it is about him but ever since the"Clear" episode I just find him to be the most interesting character.  It doesn't hurt that James is just so damn good.  

I liked the the fear episode.  Both new characters have strong potential.

The Maggie/Darryl/Jesus scene made no sense.  Ok, she wants Negan dead because of Glenn, but "we'll show them?"  Gimme a freaking break.

The character "development" of Maggie, and the marginalization of Darryl, were two huge fails during this season.  I think Fear is going to become the much better show.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Terrible ending to a terrible season. 

It felt like they were trying to end the series.  They probably should have.  The show needs to clear out a lot of dead weight if they want to move forward.  Unfortunately they blew their chance at that.

I'm with eball when it comes to Daryl.  He's been pushed so far into the background now, they probably would have been better killing him off along with so much of the other dead weight.

Anyway, I caught the last 10-15 minutes last night.  I know I saw some talk upthread not understanding why Jesus would go along with Maggie and Daryl's thoughts of lashing out a bit.  I don't think he ever actually said he agreed with any of it.  I thought he was just feeling them out a bit to see where they were.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shrader said:

It felt like they were trying to end the series.  They probably should have.  The show needs to clear out a lot of dead weight if they want to move forward.  Unfortunately they blew their chance at that.

I'm with eball when it comes to Daryl.  He's been pushed so far into the background now, they probably would have been better killing him off along with so much of the other dead weight.

Anyway, I caught the last 10-15 minutes last night.  I know I saw some talk upthread not understanding why Jesus would go along with Maggie and Daryl's thoughts of lashing out a bit.  I don't think he ever actually said he agreed with any of it.  I thought he was just feeling them out a bit to see where they were.

I think part of the problem is that you have die hard fans who want to see 100% adherence to the written material and then you have writers who've added in their own characters, and now you have this toybox full of action figures and only 45 minutes to play with them all to make everyone happy.  

The Talking Dead show further exacerbates this problem because the writers and directors are often in a weird position of defending the story plots and arcs, something most writers don't have to do...so they try to make the fans happy.

It is funny that Jesus was pro-harmonious living and now is pro-civil waring and Morgan goes from First Blood Rambo to "nope, don't kill anybody" 30 seconds later in a whole new show.  

Well, they've (Fear) got a lot of explaining to do.  

Madison is super mom? 

Utopia upset by the "Vultures" aka Scavengers on wheels?    Because of an 10 or 11 year old?

Nick has Agoraphobia?    
Luciana is back?

Where was Madison and Naomi when they met up with Althea (Al) , John and Morgan? 

You don't introduce Jenna Elfman for half an episode then bump her off.   

Image result for fear the walking dead tv show

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Wow they killed off 

Reveal hidden contents

Nick

and by the way it went down it looks like 

Reveal hidden contents

Madison may be a gonner

The war is on.  Poor  little Charlie .....  

Your second spoiler sure looked like where the episode was leading.  With what happened though, I'm wondering if all the characters think it, but it isn't really true.  

I was definitely surprised with what happened.  Morgan barely gets a chance to find people before he loses them at this point.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Your second spoiler sure looked like where the episode was leading.  With what happened though, I'm wondering if all the characters think it, but it isn't really true.  

I was definitely surprised with what happened.  Morgan barely gets a chance to find people before he loses them at this point.

It was tough to tell, but the scenes for next week made it look like Madison is still alive.  All of Nick's action were definitely hinting at her being dead, but nothing from Alicia says the same.

But anyway, I'm not too crazy about the way they're letting this play out so far.  After a big time jump where you're already wondering how they got that far, they add another layer of timeline madness.  I bet we don't find out a thing until the 8th episode, right in time for the next break.

I thought it was a fantastic episode.  I don't think they were foreshadowing Madison's death at all...they were foreshadowing Nick's, giving us a last look at the two of them together.

I'm enjoying this show so much more than TWD.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, eball said:

I thought it was a fantastic episode.  I don't think they were foreshadowing Madison's death at all...they were foreshadowing Nick's, giving us a last look at the two of them together.

Whats the past tense version of foreshadowing?

2 hours ago, eball said:

I agree about the show and the episode both.  A lot of TWD call backs with the protein bar and Nick "looking at the flowers" were cool too.

I thought somewhere in the episode Nick mentioned "what they took from us"  or something along those lines.  Then the trip with Madison where she went wandering off past the flowers.....then Nick has an affinity for them and tries to go pick one.....at the time that is why I thought it was her.

The Nick/Morgan thing was working IMO.  Too bad it ended so quickly.  Remind me to never get to know Morgan.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's hard to tell whats up.  It could be that the four were thinking that.  

Yeah, poor Moran.  He was just starting to like him

On "Talking Dead" they said that (Frank Dillane) Nick himself wanted off of the show to pursue other things. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

It was tough to tell, but the scenes for next week made it look like Madison is still alive.  All of Nick's action were definitely hinting at her being dead, but nothing from Alicia says the same.

But anyway, I'm not too crazy about the way they're letting this play out so far.  After a big time jump where you're already wondering how they got that far, they add another layer of timeline madness.  I bet we don't find out a thing until the 8th episode, right in time for the next break.

Anything at the  baseball stadium "was in the past" WRT to them meeting Morgan.  For all we know the Amusement  / Water park could also be in the "past" before they got separated from Madison.   Maybe the Vultures dogged them every where they went and Madison had had enough and things went bad. 

Also we don't know how long it took Morgan to Forest Gump it from VA to Texas.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Definitely a "slow" episode but I'm liking it. It's a good story they are telling so far.

Was just thinking the same.   

My question is how long will they prolong the telling of the story at the stadium?  

Cowboy John hasn't seen his "girl (Naiomi)  in how long?" and recognizes the back pack immediately.  Not to mention he doesn't even know her name!!! 

Is dry algae supposed to be slippery?  

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Definitely a "slow" episode but I'm liking it. It's a good story they are telling so far.

It's moving a bit too slow for me.  I wish I had just let the episodes pile up on the DVR and then just fly through them all together.  I'm just not crazy about the way they have set up this entire season.  They had the huge time jump which leaves us wondering what happened after the dam collapse.  But instead of explaining that, they then add in another time jump and build up to slowly explaining that much shorter window of time.  For the second time, it looks like the most interesting character on the show has been killed off, but with no acknowledgement whatsoever.  I kind of assumed that Daniel wouldn't be back seeing as how he shot a giant hole in his face, but it would be nice to know for sure.  I'd much rather learn this whole story instead of the supposed fall of the ballpark that we know absolutely nothing about.  But hey, they had to shoehorn Morgan into the show somehow.

The other decision that feels really strange to me is bringing back Nick's girlfriend even though they knew they were killing him off.  It's not really a big deal, just kind of a strange move. 

I don't understand what the different colors mean.

The so-called villains don't seem to be armed and aren't doing anything but camping out and where does Maggie Grace get all that diesel fuel to run that beast of a truck?  

If you want to see Garrett Dillahunt in a memorable scene, check out the season finale of Season 1 of the Terminator Chronicles -  "What He Beheld."  I haven't seen an action scene shot like that before it, or since.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I don't understand what the different colors mean.

What's going on with different colors?  Has there been more than the flower stuff?  But anyway, one thing I did like was the scenery at the end of the episode last night.  That was one hell of a creepy looking shot.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

What's going on with different colors?  Has there been more than the flower stuff?  But anyway, one thing I did like was the scenery at the end of the episode last night.  That was one hell of a creepy looking shot.

Later plot is washed-out and darker.  Earlier plot is brighter.

Pretty standard editing trick in this sort of story construction.

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This guy playing the cowboy is really good.

He is.  But still, I wish they'd pick one time point and stick to it.  This thing is dancing around way too much.

14 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This guy playing the cowboy is really good.

One of the best episodes of the series.  

In part, the Walking Dead shows do these standalone backstory shows quite well.  John's episode is right up there with the quality of Morgan's from a few seasons ago.  

This episode also had no major previous season FTWD characters in it whatsoever.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/14/2018 at 9:47 AM, shrader said:

He is.  But still, I wish they'd pick one time point and stick to it.  This thing is dancing around way too much.

I love it.  Just watched the episode last night; really good stuff.  I don't think "Laura" is really dead; she just lost the backpack and Alicia et al don't know where she ended up.  At least that's what I'm hoping.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I love it.  Just watched the episode last night; really good stuff.  I don't think "Laura" is really dead; she just lost the backpack and Alicia et al don't know where she ended up.  At least that's what I'm hoping.

Agreed. 

the bigger mystery - where is Madison

my wtf moment ....   why were they converging on the car?     they never eat the decaying dead