Robert Klemko, Peter King and MMQB - Journalistic garbage

QB Bills

Im somewhat sympathetic to the notion that complete adherence to the fundamentalist interpretation of Islam is not going to mesh well with western values, but most Muslims in America aren't Wahhabi. It's the same thing people said in this country about Catholics. Hell, in living memory, a lot of people thought JFK couldn't be a good president because he was catholic. At any rate, I doubt Kaep is a muslim. Most of the wanna be poseurs are now atheists.

Yeah, I don't think Kaep is Muslim either.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems kind of lame, considering official US govt. policy has been to actually "kill the Muslim" for over a decade in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Besides, Kaep isn't Muslim, Obama is! I think I heard Donald Trump verify this.

Do his actions scream he's a Christian?

glad he is doing something.

Im somewhat sympathetic to the notion that complete adherence to the fundamentalist interpretation of Islam is not going to mesh well with western values, but most Muslims in America aren't Wahhabi. It's the same thing people said in this country about Catholics. Hell, in living memory, a lot of people thought JFK couldn't be a good president because he was catholic. At any rate, I doubt Kaep is a muslim. Most of the wanna be poseurs are now atheists.

A "complete adherence to the fundamental interpretation" of any of the Big 3 middle eastern religions (not to mention Hinduism and some others) will not mesh well with western values. The laws contained in the Old Testament books of Deuteronomy and Leviticus are often odd and sometimes harsh.

* You can have slaves, but you can never make a relative a slave.

* You can have sex with a slave but only under certain conditions.

* If you have sex with a woman during her period, you will be ostracized from the community.

* You can't even undress a woman during her menstrual uncleanness.

* You can't wear clothes made of 2 kinds of material.

* You can't eat fish (anything with fins or scales).

* You can't cut your hair or shave.

* Anyone who tries to turn you away from God, or worship another God, must be killed.

* If anyone worships another god, even if they're a relative, you must kill them.

* Women must be submissive to their husbands.

* People with flat noses cannot go before the altar of God.

* If a man lies with another man, both must be killed.

* If a man cheats on his wife, or vice-versa, both must be killed.

Yikes, our ancestors were hard people!

Fortunately, most Christians, Jews and Muslims these days are not fundamentalists.

A "complete adherence to the fundamental interpretation" of any of the Big 3 middle eastern religions (not to mention Hinduism and some others) will not mesh well with western values. The laws contained in the Old Testament books of Deuteronomy and Leviticus are often odd and sometimes harsh.

* You can have slaves, but you can never make a relative a slave.

* You can have sex with a slave but only under certain conditions.

* If you have sex with a woman during her period, you will be ostracized from the community.

* You can't even undress a woman during her menstrual uncleanness.

* You can't wear clothes made of 2 kinds of material.

* You can't eat fish (anything with fins or scales).

* You can't cut your hair or shave.

* Anyone who tries to turn you away from God, or worship another God, must be killed.

* If anyone worships another god, even if they're a relative, you must kill them.

* Women must be submissive to their husbands.

* People with flat noses cannot go before the altar of God.

* If a man lies with another man, both must be killed.

* If a man cheats on his wife, or vice-versa, both must be killed.

Yikes, our ancestors were hard people!

Fortunately, most Christians, Jews and Muslims these days are not fundamentalists.

So, Evangelicals?

While I try to avoid these types discussions in general, particularly in an election year where the media has everyone all tuned up into one big raw nerve, I have to say I really appreciate the open discourse in this thread. I don't doubt that someone may have said something along the lines of what was reported but if it wasn't caught on tape, or could not be corroborated then it should not be reported. Period.

As a child I wanted to as a journalist. Guys like Woodward and Bernstein, Jimmy Breslin, Tom Wolfe, and Edward Murrow inspired me with their writing and investigative work. Even though I went a different direction, today I work with "journalists" within every major print and broadcast company, and it has been an eye opener.

I would be a liar if I said I did not admit that dealing with many of these folks didn't leave me saying regularly "Murrow most be rolling over in is grave!"

Most of the people in the media should not be called journalists, and even "reporter" is a stretch for a pretty fair number of them. It would be fair to call them nothing more than content providers, or to be generous, writers. Too many are Nothing more than shills or click generators working to generate revenue and make a name for themselves at any cost. At best, those in this category are uniformed and irresponsible. At worst, they are liars who make incendiary comments to meet their narrative with a slash and burn mentality with regard to the consequences.

Of course saying all in the media today are hacks and shills based upon the actions of some of the worst in media would be akin to saying all <insert race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc. here> should be equated to the worst of their demographic.

Unfortunately, the bottom line is that true journalism in this country is nearly dead but there are still some working to do it right in a fight that seems as futile as our beloved Bills on their worst day taking on the Pats on their best day. That said, referring to click generators and pot stirrers like this tool Klemko as a journalist is an affront to the true journalists that are left, as well as all of the great men and women that truly practiced the art in the past.

Edited by faderphreak

These reporters will eventually realize that the Buffalo area is a LONG way from the left coast. And, a long way from the NYC lefties as well.

And yet,in the last year,Forbes ranked Buffalo #9 in a list of America's most liberal cities..http://www3.forbes.com/leadership/the-most-conservative-and-most-liberal-cities-in-america/?utm_campaign=Most-Liberal-Conservative-Citites-mbl&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3

Edited by Buftex

That story was written before the "journalist" ever set foot into the parking lot.

Exactly. I mean what was he going to do - go back and say I didn't see anything interesting except a bunch of football fans that want their team to beat Kaepernick.