Shaq Lawson is eligible this week. Our number one pick!!

Umm.. No, Alexander is 33 years old. They needed Lawson bad. Zach Brown was completely unproven at Tennessee. He wasn't very good there

He wasn't bad at Tennessee. What are you talking about? He wasnt pro bowl level but PFF had him as the highest rated LB in coverage last year. His knock was that he wasn't physical.

That changed!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is a exceptional player,I watched him in college .he has LAWRENCE TAYLOR type ability, and you want to have him watch?? . i had similar surgery and was back lifting in 8 weeks,at full strenght after 4 months,,,,ITS TIME... , he will be good THIS YEAR!

AND GREAT NEXT YEAR! ,,go bills

He wasn't bad at Tennessee. What are you talking about? He wasnt pro bowl level but PFF had him as the highest rated LB in coverage last year. His knock was that he wasn't physical.

That changed!

Dont you know....if every player is not all pro at every stop they make in the NFL....then they are not good enough for us and our perrenial playoff team.

Nevermind. Looks like Larentee McCray is likely the odd man out?

McCray is contributing......don't see him going....maybe an OL guy is my guess......or, a DB

And, lets see who gets hurt this week.............

Edited by bigK14094

i thought he was eligible to come off the list this week, but still couldn't play for 3 weeks(or something like that), perhaps I am misremembering the rule

There's a window to activate him that starts today and ends after Week 11. If, for some reason, he wasn't ready by then it's IR or release.

That's close. A team can have a player on PUP start to practice with the team during a window from the day after week 6 to the day after week 11. Once activated they have 21 days to activate to the 53 man squad, IR or release. It is promising that Lawson was activated at the earliest possible time. I was sure it'd be a longer recovery than this. We will know what's up with him in the next few weeks.

Brandon Spikes played 16 snaps against the 49ers, oddly enough, most of those snaps were as an edge setter. Also against the 49ers, McCray played 21 snaps and Humber with 12.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/10/17/13306086/buffalo-bills-45-san-francisco-49ers-16-week-six-snap-count-notes

Obviously there will be plenty of opportunities to ease Shaq into the game, I for one, can't wait to see him in action.

Brandon Spikes played 16 snaps against the 49ers, oddly enough, most of those snaps were as an edge setter. Also against the 49ers, McCray played 21 snaps and Humber with 12.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/10/17/13306086/buffalo-bills-45-san-francisco-49ers-16-week-six-snap-count-notes

Obviously there will be plenty of opportunities to ease Shaq into the game, I for one, can't wait to see him in action.

I'm sure a lot of those from McCray and Humber were later in the game when the backups were out on the field...

Also being healthy is different than being in game shape. Lawson is quite a ways away from being a regular contributor

I, too, believe they should bring him back slowly. However, remember that Odell Beckham was in the situation....on PUP for first six weeks. Not sure if he had any pre-season play before that....and tore the league up when he returned. I know they are different positions, but if they just use Lawson as a quarterback seeking missile...and doesn't have to think to much....He should be able to contribute right away.

Also being healthy is different than being in game shape. Lawson is quite a ways away from being a regular contributor

well, that, and being a rookie thats being dropped into a complex scheme.

its a coin flip whether he ever becomes a major contributor (and im a shaq fan), but in the short term i would expect very specific packages and probably mixed results. probably more of a "solid depth that helps with stability" than "immediate noticeable upgrade"

My hope is he doesn't play too many important downs, but gets his feet wet as depth, and by the end of the season (and hopefully playoffs) he's relatively up to speed, to help keep the defense going as inevitable wear and tear hits the current starters.

(Similar with Dareus, I'm not too upset about him missing time right now, because he'll be 'fresher' for late season push, which might give Kyle some more plays off, etc)

Edited by Dorkington

well, that, and being a rookie thats being dropped into a complex scheme.

its a coin flip whether he ever becomes a major contributor (and im a shaq fan), but in the short term i would expect very specific packages and probably mixed results. probably more of a "solid depth that helps with stability" than "immediate noticeable upgrade"

Well, one thing in his favor is the scheme is much less complex now.

Also Zach brown missed a few plays earlier in the game so i imagine Humber stepped in there. I think Mcree and Spikes are out of the rotation, and purely depth at this juncture.

Also Zach brown missed a few plays earlier in the game so i imagine Humber stepped in there. I think Mcree and Spikes are out of the rotation, and purely depth at this juncture.

He did. I remember them mentioning that he was taking Zach's place.

Don't expect to see Lawson play much. He has never taken a NFL snap. He will probably spot sub Alexander for a while

Not a good reason why he won't play (not taking an NFL snap). The more resounding reason is that Alexander has been the best pass rusher in the NFL this season. If the Bills were bottom-5 in the NFL at getting after the passer and Alexander was just blah blah, Lawson would be on the field right away. At this point, he's a luxury that can spell Alexander until he gets fully up to speed. At that point, the team has a good problem to have.