Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I think this throws a bit of a wrinkle in the defensive game plan. I know Kap looked like garbage in the last system but let's not forget what he did prior to that. The Bills need to be prepared. Shut down the run and have a spy on him on Kap to limit his runs. Have Darby on Kerley as he has somehow become the go-to guy over there and actually looked pretty good recently. I don't have faith in Gilmore, easily one of the most overrated CB's in the game.

I know it's your point but it's wrong. Are you victimized when a cop is killed or when a cop kills someone? So no one should have a view if it doesn't victimize you?

Everyone should have a viewpoint. Where would you gather that I don't think anyone should ever NOT have a view?

I'm simply stating that kneeling during the national anthem is one's right and one should not be treated poorly for exercising one's rights. Especially when, in this situation, the protest was silent and it disrupted exactly as many people as it put in harm's way .... ZERO.

Well, I think this throws a bit of a wrinkle in the defensive game plan. I know Kap looked like garbage in the last system but let's not forget what he did prior to that. The Bills need to be prepared. Shut down the run and have a spy on him on Kap to limit his runs. Have Darby on Kerley as he has somehow become the go-to guy over there and actually looked pretty good recently. I don't have faith in Gilmore, easily one of the most overrated CB's in the game.

No Bills fan is happy about this news. Kap is not a long term solution for the Niners or any team but he's got a little Vick in him and can occasionally be unbeatable.

Everyone should have a viewpoint. Where would you gather that I don't think anyone should ever NOT have a view?

I'm simply stating that kneeling during the national anthem is one's right and one should not be treated poorly for exercising one's rights. Especially when, in this situation, the protest was silent and it disrupted exactly as many people as it put in harm's way .... ZERO.

It's insane that any reasonable American would ever disagree with any of this.

I find it kind of amusing or even hypocritical to say it's ok for one person to protest while simultaneously saying that it's unacceptable for people to protest the person who's protesting. Example: Schopp has been railing on this for an hour and a half now. He thinks it's BAD for people to burn colin kaepernick's jersey. Why, exactly? Are they actually burning colin kaepernick when they do it? Or how about the person who heckles him? Are his first amendment rights somehow less sacred?

Edited by joesixpack

I find it kind of amusing or even hypocritical to say it's ok for one person to protest while simultaneously saying that it's unacceptable for people to protest the person who's protesting. Example: Schopp has been railing on this for an hour and a half now. He thinks it's BAD for people to burn colin kaepernick's jersey. Why, exactly? Are they actually burning colin kaepernick when they do it? Or how about the person who heckles him? Are his first amendment rights somehow less sacred?

Can you hear someone kneel?

Can kneeling, in any way, be dangerous?

Does kneeling keep you from hearing the National Anthem, or anything else?

I don't have faith in Gilmore, easily one of the most overrated CB's in the game.

No offense intended here: you need to watch the All-22's if you think that.

Just one example--watch him blanket the slippery Tavon Austin from the slot, and sustain his coverage for 7 full seconds:

https://twitter.com/cover1eturner/status/785826015834550272

Keep in mind that Austin is a WR that runs a 4.34 sec 40, and had a 4.01 second 20-yard shuttle (the latter is better than all but 14 other receivers since 2010).

He's very, very good.

Call him inconsistent or pick on his ball awareness if you're so inclined, but to say he's overrated is simple folly IMO.

I find it kind of amusing or even hypocritical to say it's ok for one person to protest while simultaneously saying that it's unacceptable for people to protest the person who's protesting.

Namecalling and/or hoping to see him get hurt is not an acceptable form of protesting Kap, if that the intention. We have had plenty of folks step in and provide a peaceful rebuttal to Kap's stance and we have had some worthwhile discourse but some people are also missing the point entirely and being foul.

Edited by Big C

I find it kind of amusing or even hypocritical to say it's ok for one person to protest while simultaneously saying that it's unacceptable for people to protest the person who's protesting.

Yeah, I don't quite understand this. I saw a few "you're racist" reactions to people criticizing the point Kaepernick was trying to make. They were pretty much telling people that you can't tell him how to protest, and if you feel he is misrepresenting the situation between police and minorities, then you must be racist and trying to silence him.

It's lovely how that works. Be silent or you are racist.

Edited by What a Tuel

Does burning a kaepernick jersey stop him from kneeling?

Does heckling him cause any harm?

No ... but both of those have the possibility/likelihood of disrupting/bothering any person/group withing proximity.

Does burning a kaepernick jersey stop him from kneeling?

Does heckling him cause any harm?

It's your right. It's also other people's right to think you are a loser for caring so much about it in the first place.

It blows my mind how many people actually are bothered by this. There are millions of slobs who turn the anthem or don't stand up for it when they watch the games at home.

Personally, I think it is disrespectful but I can't imagine caring if someone else didn't.

No ... but both of those have the possibility/likelihood of disrupting/bothering any person/group withing proximity.

Well, I'm personally bothered by what he's done and continues to do. I was raised to believe the flag and anthem have meaning and that standing and respecting the anthem is something you're supposed to do. I don't cheer during the anthem or even after it. I find that disrespectful as well. Hat comes off and covers the heart. Annoys me when people don't do that, too. Again, it's these peoples rights to be disrespectful. But it's also my right to call them asshats.

It's your right. It's also other people's right to think you are a loser for caring so much about it in the first place.

It blows my mind how many people actually are bothered by this. There are millions of slobs who turn the anthem or don't stand up for it when they watch the games at home.

Personally, I think it is disrespectful but I can't imagine caring if someone else didn't.

I'm in the same boat. It's really nobody's business to judge how somebody treats the anthem, or prayer, or whatever else. Many people at home and at the stadium "disrespect" the flag and they just think it's a good time to pee. At first I really didn't think this was going to be a big deal until Kap kind of came out with the protest and made it a weekly thing. But of course, this is America we are talking about. Of course it was going to be a big deal.

I can get over Kap doing his kneeling thing...but i hate that it trickled down to our local area high schools (in MD). These knucklehead kids are kneeling during the anthem and really have no idea why they're doing it other than mimicking their "role model"

Maybe you're the one who has no idea why they're kneeling, what makes you think they don't know?

I'm in the same boat. It's really nobody's business to judge how somebody treats the anthem, or prayer, or whatever else. Many people at home and at the stadium "disrespect" the flag and they just think it's a good time to pee. At first I really didn't think this was going to be a big deal until Kap kind of came out with the protest and made it a weekly thing. But of course, this is America we are talking about. Of course it was going to be a big deal.

It's a big thing because the country is widely divided based on his comments not his protest. A large portion of the country do not believe cops are murdering people, and that they are a force for good.

So naturally when someone comes out and says "I can't be proud of this country because it oppresses black people, and that there are bodies in the street, and (officers) are getting paid leave and getting away with murder" there will be a backlash of "wtf are you talking about?"

Edited by What a Tuel

Well, I'm personally bothered by what he's done and continues to do. I was raised to believe the flag and anthem have meaning and that standing and respecting the anthem is something you're supposed to do. I don't cheer during the anthem or even after it. I find that disrespectful as well. Hat comes off and covers the heart. Annoys me when people don't do that, too. Again, it's these peoples rights to be disrespectful. But it's also my right to call them asshats.

We're talking about two different things.

I disagree 100% with anyone who chooses to not stand during the national anthem.

However, I respect his right to sit, stand, kneel, shout, cry, boo, or whatever he chooses to do during the national anthem.

I also respect HIM for respecting THOSE AROUND HIM by choosing to very silently, and with no movement, protest.

I always remove my hat (even when I'm in my house). I always stand. I always put my hand on my heart.

If someone was next to me, choosing to boo loudly, or make a spectacle against the national anthem .. then I would likely say something.

If someone next to me quietly decided to not stand, then I would respect that person's rights.

We're on the same page more than you may have thought.

I just think that the way Kaep went about it was very respectful to those around him.

It's insane that any reasonable American would ever disagree with any of this.

In your opinion. It's insane that anyone would have an issue with someone's right to protest Kaepernicks actions if they think what he is " sticking up for" is wrong. Their protest is no less a right than his. Just because he has the right doesn't mean others don't have the right to disagree with him or call him out on it. When a " protest" is perpetuating a lie about something ( the ability of Police to use deadly physical force and what the criteria are for its use and in what situation they will be indemnified for use of such force ) some citizens will feel compelled to point that out. It may be through booing Kapernick or burning his jersey , or wearing a shirt with an anti Kaepernicks message. These would be valid forms of protest .

The difference is that what they are doing is defying an ideal or tradition, where you are attacking a person. It's your right to do so, but it's awfully small of you to call someone else a name because they treat the anthem differently than you do, especially if you don't even know who they are.

It's disrespectful , yes. But his reason for doing it is what makes me care so much because it's a lie unsubstantiated by facts. I think he is a loser for not understanding the law in his country and standing up for criminals over cops.

Schopp proved he is an idiot with those statements . What if someone disagrees with his message and believe it stereotypes cops and perpetuates a myth that somehow a few Police shootings are evidence of racial injustice. The only thing they are evidence of is that when in a situation with Police it is very serious and they should be treated with respect and instructions should be followed. If you do not, it could turn tragic . Schopp is a clown for thinking someone has no right to be on the other side of Kaep's issue and protest as they see fit. It works both ways.

I would have rather played Gabbert.

...As for Kaep, every camera is going to be on Buffalo this week because of his stance. I would hope people would show some common sense and not embarrass the team and region that supports it. I know I'm asking the impossible but thought I'd throw it out there.

It's disrespectful , yes. But his reason for doing it is what makes me care so much because it's a lie unsubstantiated by facts. I think he is a loser for not understanding the law in his country and standing up for criminals over cops.

Right or wrong, he feels that there have been many instances recently where cops have shot and killed unarmed black men......

I would have rather played Gabbert.

...As for Kaep, every camera is going to be on Buffalo this week because of his stance. I would hope people would show some common sense and not embarrass the team and region that supports it. I know I'm asking the impossible but thought I'd throw it out there.

Buffalo fans will do nothing but boo him just like any other player. He can do what he wants to do and I honestly don't think anyone will make a big deal out of it on Sunday. Play the game, don't be an idiot in the stands and let's get to 4-2

Right or wrong, he feels that there have been many instances recently where cops have shot and killed unarmed black men......

No, he said the words oppression of black people, bodies in the streets, and murderers getting paid leave, and left the impression that it is an epidemic.

We're talking about two different things.

I disagree 100% with anyone who chooses to not stand during the national anthem.

However, I respect his right to sit, stand, kneel, shout, cry, boo, or whatever he chooses to do during the national anthem.

I also respect HIM for respecting THOSE AROUND HIM by choosing to very silently, and with no movement, protest.

I always remove my hat (even when I'm in my house). I always stand. I always put my hand on my heart.

If someone was next to me, choosing to boo loudly, or make a spectacle against the national anthem .. then I would likely say something.

If someone next to me quietly decided to not stand, then I would respect that person's rights.

We're on the same page more than you may have thought.

I just think that the way Kaep went about it was very respectful to those around him.

You know I don't always agree with what you say but I have a tremendous amount Of respect for both you and your willingness to communicate. Good on ya.

That almost certainly wouldn't have been shot if they had listened to simple instructions. He should maybe think about pointing out the injustice in thousands of unsolved homicides committed by people of color against one another. There are far more of those in our country and he doesn't seem to be outraged over them. Right or wrong he has the right to protest what he wants, but others have the right to call him out on it with a protest of their own.

No, he said the words oppression of black people, bodies in the streets, and murderers getting paid leave, and left the impression that it is an epidemic.

Exactly , some 350-400 ( the other half are white/ Hispanic) shootings per year in a country of 340 million is hardly an epidemic. It's a media created narrative designed to shill for Clinton. And he's so ignorant on the paid leave because he thinks that is " punishment". When it is to get the Officer off the beat until it is determined whether or not they acted in the scope of their training and the action was justified or not . Kaep is really a moron.

He has donated a lot of money....and he does talk about it.....he has mentioned many times it's not about the flag, the military...etc....he is upset at what he perceives as unjust killings of black men

He is not standing for the flag. I am sorry you do not get that. He can say it is not about the flag all he wants but his actions do more to anger those who have lost loved ones defending this country than help with a cause. I have no problem with the cause. I have a problem with the method. This is our country and honoring those who made it possible for us to have the freedom we enjoy is not something we should take lightly. Keap has the freedom to do what he wants, but this is not a good look. It is anti-american. Period.

Everyone's agendas always shine through.

Like yours, right?

In any case, it's his right to kneel and it's fans right to burn his Jersey in protest of his beliefs.

That's the way it should be, not the burning or kneeling part, but that people are free to protest their views in a manner that is not disruptive or violent.

In any case, I hope we knock the crap out of him and sack him 9 times, not because of his kneeling attention seeking but because I'm a Bills fan.

Like yours, right?

In any case, it's his right to kneel and it's fans right to burn his Jersey in protest of his beliefs.

That's the way it should be, not the burning or kneeling part, but that people are free to protest their views in a manner that is not disruptive or violent.

In any case, I hope we knock the crap out of him and sack him 9 times, not because of his kneeling attention seeking but because I'm a Bills fan.

Absolutely. I've always kind of pulled for Kap as a Nevada alum, but this week I hope we wreck him.

Im pretty disappointed to hear this...would much rather face Blaine Gabbert than Colin. Nervous Colin sparks the offense a little and like every week, this is a must win (home game against what we would expect to be an inferior opponent)

Im pretty disappointed to hear this...would much rather face Blaine Gabbert than Colin. Nervous Colin sparks the offense a little and like every week, this is a must win (home game against what we would expect to be an inferior opponent)

Not sure what to expect from Kap. On the one hand he has a lot to prove, but he has also shown that he has lost confidence in his abilities.

Like yours, right?

Yeah, my agenda of letting people use the 1st amendment right and silently protest something.

Stuff this and folks who get worked up about things like gay marriage is hilarious. If you have a happy life, who cares?

But burn jerseys or whatever. It's your right. Make Buffalo proud!