Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn that sucks Kaepernick is a tough one to game plan for. I have watched Him absolutely carve up a Rex Ryan defense. Hopefully Rex can get your guys to be discipline D enough to keep contain. Either way this will be one of the most watched NFL games of the season

I'm curious to know how you witnessed this since he's never started a game against a Rex coached team.

In the offense culture we live in now, it doesn't matter what your intent is, only that someone feel victimized by it. If someone made a remark that could be taken to be racially disparaging, would anybody care if the speaker was "not trying" to disrespect people of color or whomever the aggrieved party was? Kaep and his supporters don't get to play both sides of that

He offended people oh my god I can't believe it!!!

Does anyone have any idea what kind of irreversible damage he has caused to these individuals???

Oh zero damage? Yeah it doesn't HURT YOU AT ALL, super! What makes anyone think they get the final say to determine what the flag stands for in the land of the free? Don't forget the US military pays multiple millions of dollars to the NFL for all of these flag ceremonies....

Edited by Jobot

I'm worried about Kap. We have no film of him in Chip Kelly's offense and he provides that spark that Tyrod provides. Honestly, I think Tyrod and Kap are very similar players. Tyrod probably has better lateral agility but Kap is no slouch running the ball. I think people are underestimating his potential to hurt our defense (or I'm overestimating him because I have BBFS bad). But it's just back-breaking plays like Tyrod's 3rd and 19 conversion that Kap also has the potential to do to our defense. I just don't know if our D is fast enough to handle Kap

I wish i was going to this game. I chose to spend my money on the Thursday night game which left me with a horrible feeling about going to another game.

Then the week after that we get our 1st win against the Cardinals and i wished i had went to that game.

This one against the 9ers got me excited and i wish i was going but sadly driving up there seems rough at the moment. I will be watching at home and i only ask the crowd going to the game for one thing. Be loud please. And dont stop being loud even if we have a bad series.

The Jets got the crowd to be quiet quick when i was there and i was disappointed. Crowd noise is always a factor and our fans are one of the loudest.

Damn that sucks Kaepernick is a tough one to game plan for. I have watched Him absolutely carve up a Rex Ryan defense. Hopefully Rex can get your guys to be discipline D enough to keep contain. Either way this will be one of the most watched NFL games of the season

No, you haven't.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I'm worried about Kap. We have no film of him in Chip Kelly's offense and he provides that spark that Tyrod provides. Honestly, I think Tyrod and Kap are very similar players. Tyrod probably has better lateral agility but Kap is no slouch running the ball. I think people are underestimating his potential to hurt our defense (or I'm overestimating him because I have BBFS bad). But it's just back-breaking plays like Tyrod's 3rd and 19 conversion that Kap also has the potential to do to our defense. I just don't know if our D is fast enough to handle Kap

Yeah well, as most of that is true, you can at least have a little comfort knowing that our starting defense practices against Tyrod throughout the week.

Their starting defense hasn't practiced against Kaep.

Advantage Bills again.

They handled Brissett well enough.

Well, we have film of Michael Vick in Chip Kelly's offense--and it was ugly.

Honestly, how many wrinkles can they throw at us that our coaching staff doesn't see all the time when thinking about how to maximize Tyrod's abilities?

Rush wide, play zone coverage, and keep a spy in the short zones.

Good. I'm coming up for this Bills game and can't wait to boo Kaepernick. I think he could provide a spark, but he also could be rusty. Ya just never know?!? I do know if the Bills defense plays ferocious like we know they can (especially at home)...there should be some potential for several turnovers from the Kap led offense.

As a veteran and a strong supporter of the flag, I hope he does play and the defense doesn't hold anything back. I don't want him injured but I do want him to understand what a foolish thing it is to disrespect the flag. Knuckleheads like this need to be treated like knuckleheads.

BTW, I truly am as heartbroken over racial injustice as anyone, but this is not how I would "make a stand". This is a total cop out and only really just makes the divide between black and white even wider. It's just stirring things up and making things worse. You want to make a stand, don't do it by shi**ing on the American flag.

Start a rally, raise money for the families effected by racism, speak up in your church, talk about it every time you get in front of a microphone or camera. There are lots of ways. This stunt is not how you bring people together and solve a problem. Keap is young. Hopefully this is just something he learns from. I really don't think he thought this through. It is my hope that his intentions were truly just about the injustice and not about our flag, country and home.

Sorry guys for the rant. Was getting a bit annoyed by the lack of patriotism on display.

Look man, nobody is trying to belittle your service to your country. He's literally stated that it's about injustice and you're refusing to take him at his word. He's not inciting violence or being crude. Do you really think those other options you've presented would be as effective in getting a message across to the entire country? The way he chose to do it has worked in the sense that a ton people are talking about it, his team has given money because of it, etc. The flag is a symbol. It means something different to everybody. For a large group of Americans, the flag means oppression and discrimination right now. You can be mad at them for feeling that way, or you can try to help them not feel that way.

I think it's telling that Gabbert has had almost identical rushing yards to TT. I haven't been watching the 49ers, particularly, but I think it's safe to say that Gabbert is not half the rushing threat that Tyrod is. This stat has much more to do with Chip Kelly's offense, and I would think that Kaep is certainly better suited as a rushing QB, right?

But, as a passing threat, I would think that Gabbert is the more accurate passer. But, I only know what I see on places like NFL Network.

Regardless, this makes them harder to game plan for, IMO. More guys in the box, and man coverage in the secondary? Gilmore better get his act together this week!

I'm one of the "peeps". No place for it in football on the field. Getting paid to play- not protest or get personal about your believes. Don't really care. Play football. Start who ever. Our fans will be really high for this one.

do you feel the same way about players praying on the field?

Hey I hear ya. I guess anyone can ignore anything they choose. Even facts. But my basic problem is Kap's 'protest' is based on a false narrative that cops only shoot and kill black people. But the statistics show a slightly different story.

Through July 2016 American police fatally shot 509 citizens. 238 were white, 123 Black, 79 Hispanic, 46 race wasn't reported, and 23 were 'other'. That translates to 24% were black. 95% of the 509 were male. Investigation found that 93% were armed. The source: The Washington Post.

Could the stats be wrong? Sure. Could you argue that 24% is a disproportionately large percentage compared to the make-up the general population. Sure could. I know this will cause a great deal of cognitive dissonance with some folks but the social discussion needs to be about facts not emotion.

I don't believe that he says cops 'only' shoot and kill black people. It's amazing how people interpret this to fit their own narrative while totally ignoring Kaeps own explanation. Like the cliche.... never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Below is the stat line from the last time the Jets and 49ers played back in 2012. Kap sure did carve them up.

San Francisco 49ers Att Cmp Yds YPA TD Int Lg Sack Loss Rate Alex Smith 21 12 143 6.8 0 0 26 2 9 78.1 Colin Kaepernick 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 39.6