The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't that McCoy was ever bad. It was that he wasn't used correctly and can only do so much in roles made for him. In other words, he's a system back. Most NFL RB's are. We had a system that should have favored him with Roman and it did not. We had the OL that set it, too.

However,we are doing things different, away from the double TE. If you don't think things are different look how quickly we have utilized O'Leary. Look what Felton is doing, though the big run the other day he touched no one.

Its not McCoy. Its the system.

And Mario is an example of tailoring a system to your talent. Mario is failing because the dolfins have no system on defense worth a crap. Its a mash up.

I agree some players need a particular system to be successful, but Mario has failed from last season until now because he simply isn't putting the effort in on the field. Blame who or what you want, certainly Mario does, but I'm betting he never revives his career.

Contrast that with Lesean. The guy was hampered by a hamstring part of last year but was putting the effort in and making moves on people. Certainly a more valid argument about Roman's system causing his problems though the O-line run blocking has improved noticeably to my eyes also. So it may not be LeSean excels in Lynn's system inasmuch as the entire run offense excels more.

It's not all McCoy. The OL and play calling has been huge.....but gillislee wouldn't have ran for 150 yards on the same touches. Shady is doing shady things. As evidenced by https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/785840291035176961

Wow, thanks for that. Besides Shady doing Shady stuff, did you notice the block by Cordy Glenn on that play? Absolutely blasted the DE/LB 6 yards off the left end. I just love to watch Cordy play; great technique and work ethic, and strong as a bear.

I have said this for years, that "nobody ever carries a loaf of bread like a football player carries a football when he is carrying it like a loaf of bread."

When there is a storm coming and you're running to the checkout lane the just opened to beat the rush with your bread and milk, you carry that bread like shady carries the football.

It should be high and tight tho (bread too unless you don't mind getting stripped by an angry patron that found the bread aisle empty)

When there is a storm coming and you're running to the checkout lane the just opened to beat the rush with your bread and milk, you carry that bread like shady carries the football.

It should be high and tight tho (bread too unless you don't mind getting stripped by an angry patron that found the bread aisle empty)

After living in hurricane territory for 3 decades, I'll offer that the loaf of bread is secondary to the beer. TWO HANDS ON THE BEER.

Besides, bread high and tight is just a big bag of smush.

It's not all McCoy. The OL and play calling has been huge.....but gillislee wouldn't have ran for 150 yards on the same touches. Shady is doing shady things. As evidenced by https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/785840291035176961

Man - that's even better if you stop it every couple seconds and look at each player frame-by-frame. The formation had them off balance to begin with, the line blocked great, the step move that Shady used to hit the hole was sick and the second cut showed great vision, Clay was down there blocking at the end. Lot to like about that play! Let's see more of those, Bills!! :beer:

@SalSports

LeSean McCoy says he's inviting 15-20 Buffalo Police Officers as well as underprivileged kids to this week's game. Says it's been planned.

It's been planned. :lol:

Since the civil suit was filed? :lol:

Where are all the people who said "f*ck that" when I said Shady should just start trying to make things right with law enforcement. :beer:

BADOL- what I wonder is how many games will shady be basically the dpsavior of the offense before you finally admit you were wrong even to some small degree, because now you look like your just digging your heals in the sand. You have that right, but if he plays 16 games like this you'll have serious egg on your face for two years of bashing him.

Where are all the people who said "f*ck that" when I said Shady should just start trying to make things right with law enforcement. :beer:

Paying maybe $1000 to let 15-20 cops attend the game is chumps change for him.

And it's Buffalo PD, not Philly.

Edited by Doc

BADOL- what I wonder is how many games will shady be basically the dpsavior of the offense before you finally admit you were wrong even to some small degree, because now you look like your just digging your heals in the sand. You have that right, but if he plays 16 games like this you'll have serious egg on your face for two years of bashing him.

Where did I say Shady didn't play well against the Rams?

Because I didn't.

No, that is just the narrative that a few.....including you and the aptly named Gregg and a few others........have tried to pound home by hyperbolizing my takes into "BADOL thinks that Shady stinks!"

But that has never been the case.

I said he's overpaid, he's underachieved, he's got a lot of mileage on him and he was distracted/unfocused last season and it cost the team on the field.

But I commended him for his attitude change this offseason and........much to the chagrin of some I'm sure.....was his admission of problems I had been critical of(#BADOLWASRIGHT). :thumbsup:

I also noted that he looked much improved this preseason and I was expecting a much better performance.

He then came out and played awful in the opener against a very beatable opponent.

This is a big week for him........last year he talked a MOUNTAIN of sh*t about Chip Kelly......then Kelly promptly shut him the f*ck down and embarrassed him and in the process effectively ended the Bills playoff chances all in one glorious afternoon.

Prior to that, the Shadester was on a pretty decent run......a week later he found it hard to run with his tail still between his legs.......so Karlos and MG had to pick up for him........and they WENT OFF in those last 10 quarters running the football.......and the Bills thoroughly outplayed their opponents from there on out.

So before you try to hyperbolize my takes.........recognize that to whom much is given.......much is expected.

The last two weeks the Bills have feasted on handicapped teams.........the Pats with basically no healthy QB's and the Rams, already an undersized defense.....playing without two first round DL starters.

There is still a long way to go and there will be MUCH tougher games on the schedule......they are on a good run but let's see what Shady does when the schedule starts to get tough. :thumbsup:

Aka the guys drinking 500.00 bottles of champagne at 3am. Wonder if they paired it with some confiscated booger sugar.

Where did I say Shady didn't play well against the Rams?

Because I didn't.

No, that is just the narrative that a few.....including you and the aptly named Gregg and a few others........have tried to pound home by hyperbolizing my takes into "BADOL thinks that Shady stinks!"

But that has never been the case.

I said he's overpaid, he's underachieved, he's got a lot of mileage on him and he was distracted/unfocused last season and it cost the team on the field.

But I commended him for his attitude change this offseason and........much to the chagrin of some I'm sure.....was his admission of problems I had been critical of(#BADOLWASRIGHT). :thumbsup:

I also noted that he looked much improved this preseason and I was expecting a much better performance.

He then came out and played awful in the opener against a very beatable opponent.

This is a big week for him........last year he talked a MOUNTAIN of sh*t about Chip Kelly......then Kelly promptly shut him the f*ck down and embarrassed him and in the process effectively ended the Bills playoff chances all in one glorious afternoon.

Prior to that, the Shadester was on a pretty decent run......a week later he found it hard to run with his tail still between his legs.......so Karlos and MG had to pick up for him........and they WENT OFF in those last 10 quarters running the football.......and the Bills thoroughly outplayed their opponents from there on out.

So before you try to hyperbolize my takes.........recognize that to whom much is given.......much is expected.

The last two weeks the Bills have feasted on handicapped teams.........the Pats with basically no healthy QB's and the Rams, already an undersized defense.....playing without two first round DL starters.

There is still a long way to go and there will be MUCH tougher games on the schedule......they are on a good run but let's see what Shady does when the schedule starts to get tough. :thumbsup:

If holding a RB to 109 yards rushing and receiving is embarrassing him, most RBs would be in line for that treatment. There was only one game last year where he had significantly more total yardage(The Jets game, 159 yards). Besides that his next biggest game was against the Pats*** in which he had 123.

If holding a RB to 109 yards rushing and receiving is embarrassing him, most RBs would be in line for that treatment. There was only one game last year where he had significantly more total yardage(The Jets game, 159 yards). Besides that his next biggest game was against the Pats*** in which he had 123.

That's just BADOL being BADOL.

technically, he was running east or west, if you look at the actual layout of the stadium.

Have you accounted for the recent polar shift? if we are being technical i mean.

jk

Yes 16 starts without even 120 yards rushing in one of them is a very legitimate reason for concern.

I will give him credit.......he finally stepped up and had a legit pro bowl kinda' day rather than the moral victory/subjectively defined performances.....that fans often to a fault have been trying to pass off as super.

But he is the 15th individual in Bills history to rush for 150...........so let's not build a monument just yet.

The bigger story is that this OL just GASHED the Cardinals and Rams defenses in 2 of the past 3 weeks.......some of the holes were ridiculous and yes, just about any decent back would get a lot of yardage thru those holes.

And Jerome Felton has been excellent as well...........though it concerns me a little that Shady couldn't outrun him to the end zone. B-)

I still think Shady is missing some of the explosiveness he had in his prime and that is evident in not finishing runs off for TD's........3 years ago he probably breaks off two of those runs for TD's and gets 200 yards(and he knows that B-) ).

I'm glad for the production, they needed it on a day where the Rams were vulnerable inside and Tyrod struggled and the defense was giving away first downs like candy.

Still like to see more MG and hopefully Karlos can get his act together and get back on the team........they miss that physical aspect from their RB's......24 mins TOP is not a good enough to support the D and they need to soften these opposing defenses up so they aren't going 3 and out nearly the entire second half of games.

You Sir are one serious trip.

Love your posts.

Shady is looking "all that" indeed

IMHO can't repent for doubting McCoy without repentance for doubting OL and Felton. Let's give them props. They have been bad, BAD men (in the good sense of the word) and Felton has been the Face of Evil, just a hammer.

gotta love this Bills run Offense!!

Man - that's even better if you stop it every couple seconds and look at each player frame-by-frame. The formation had them off balance to begin with, the line blocked great, the step move that Shady used to hit the hole was sick and the second cut showed great vision, Clay was down there blocking at the end. Lot to like about that play! Let's see more of those, Bills!! :beer:

The Team is really getting it done. I had to look at E Turners clips for some and some folks all -22 clips. Wow. the team is humming on all cylinders at times.

Once i thought, " that is unstoppable" as the play snapped.

How long has it been folks?

I actually have to temper myself looking at last week again