Zach Brown: Bills best player 2016

NewEra

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that Ragland is going to be a major stud, I see him starting somewhere in the lineup.

I agree whole heartedly. I also think that Ragland ultimately makes Brown expendable should he play his way towards a YUGE deal. I'd love to see them retain Brown but if he keeps playing like this there's always the chance another team makes a ridiculous offer the Bills just can't match.

There are several ways to look at this. A lot of teams look at it by position. Preston Brown as a third rounder makes peanuts. Lorax makes peanuts. Zach Brown makes very little. Hughes, also a LB makes a ton. Shaq, also an LB makes a bunch and a half as a first rounder but not in the top. We are set pretty well overall.

The good part is that teams will know, to some degree, that Zach is the perfect fit for Rex's defense and they really wouldn't expect the same production in theirs.

The last part is valid and could help keep his price reasonable. I also think he's the sort of guy who would want to re-up w Rex for giving him that second chance, even if it meant taking less.

That play on Edelman. If this season ends up being anywhere but the trash can that's going to be a highly talked about effort.

Which play on Edelman? He chase that midget punk all over the field and caught him every time and cracked his slow bones.

Edited by Ralonzo

After reading these post-game quotes he may be my new favorite player on the roster

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/10/02/notebook-bills-16-patriots-0/

“That’s more of a pride play,” Brown said after Buffalo’s 16-0 win at Gillette Stadium. “I saw the flag, but at the same time, you’re not going to run to the end zone free. I’m going to go get him. I know I’m faster than him, so I got to catch him. He’s quicker than me, but I’m faster than him.

“When I caught him, I was like, ‘you will never run through our defense like that. You think you’re going to run here and not get hit? It’s not happening.’ It’s something that’s not going to happen on our defense. You’re not going to just run 90 yards and not get hit

“When I came out, they told me about it,” Brown said. “I was sitting there like man, ‘y’all didn’t invite me to the party? Y’all could’ve came and got me.’ I was ready for them. I don’t like them.

“Respect was left on the bus when it comes to them. They had me going. … I got to hit (Brissett) at least once, twice. I got to get them back for my DBs.”

Asked what he saw from Rob Gronkowski, Brown replied: “Nothing. I guess the hamstring is still bothering him.” :lol:

After reading these post-game quotes he may be my new favorite player on the roster

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/10/02/notebook-bills-16-patriots-0/

Agree 100 % . He's becoming a favorite player for me and he definitely Promotes the Bad ass defense we are looking for. I really hope they are revising contracts hoping to retain this beast !!!

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Where did this guy come from. Could be the perfect storm of a playing coming into his own and a defense that is an ideal fit for him. He is leading the league in tackles and his stat line yesterday was just ridiculous. He has leaped Gilmore in my opinion in importance of re-signing and all of a sudden, with Z.Brown and Alexander, we have ridiculous depth at both OLB and ILB going forward.

There are several ways to look at this. A lot of teams look at it by position. Preston Brown as a third rounder makes peanuts. Lorax makes peanuts. Zach Brown makes very little. Hughes, also a LB makes a ton. Shaq, also an LB makes a bunch and a half as a first rounder but not in the top. We are set pretty well overall.

The good part is that teams will know, to some degree, that Zach is the perfect fit for Rex's defense and they really wouldn't expect the same production in theirs.

I agree with your overall assessment, I just want to point out one small thing...

While Hughes may be our highest paid LB, when you compare his production and his contract to the contracts of Von Miller and Justin Houston, we got a huge deal there!

Hughes: 5yr/$45mil

Miller: 6yr/$114.5mil

Houston: 6yr/$101mil

While Miller and Houston are studs, theres no way you can tell me they are TWICE as better as Hughes.

Brown has turned out the be one of our better FA pickups in quite a while. Fits this defense perfect......... Fire Whaley!!! :rolleyes:

Not sure it's "quite a while".

Best FA pickup since Lorenzo Alexander. Or Richie Incognito. Or Corey Graham. Or...

JUST FIRE WHALEY ALREADY!

:thumbsup: