Zach Brown: Bills best player 2016

NewEra

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@si_nfl

The biggest surprises of the NFL's first month, as selected by @JacobFeldman4: http://on.si.com/2dvdbd3

CuF7GA-WYAEFclt.jpg

STUNNING BREAKOUT, DEFENSE: Zach Brown, LB, Bills

“It’s war today,” said Zach Brown before Sunday’s tilt against the Patriots. “That’s why I have these red gloves on.”

He then went out and played the part of a one-man cavalry brigade, racking up 18 total tackles—including three for a loss—and forcing two fumbles, with one coming on a major-league collision with Pats QB Jacoby Brissett. Thanks to that performance, Brown leads the league in tackles and also ranks as Pro Football Focus’ top linebacker.

Second round pick Reggie Ragland was supposed to be the shining linebacker for Rex Ryan, but after Ragland tore an ACL in training camp, Brown—a first-year Bill—has more than stepped up in his stead. Limited by a torn labrum and a torn pectoral muscle while in Tennessee, the 248-pound South Carolina native is finally living up to his potential as one of the fastest players to the ball at the position.

Was Z Brown used primarily as an OLB with the Titans? This may be a case of a scheme being really suited for him. With his range, I think the middle is perfect for him. I know he was scouted and pegged as an OLB coming out because he can come fast off the edge, but that isn't always an easy transition.

Probably around 15 to 20 of them.

Ahhh.......but how many would have kept their hands where they were placed initially, getting called for a horse-collar tackle and negating the play!

I was VERY impressed with his frame of mind to NOT get flagged for the horse-collar. Smart play!! I truly hope this wasn't a one game highlight reel and he continues to excel!

Ahhh.......but how many would have kept their hands where they were placed initially, getting called for a horse-collar tackle and negating the play!

I was VERY impressed with his frame of mind to NOT get flagged for the horse-collar. Smart play!! I truly hope this wasn't a one game highlight reel and he continues to excel!

He learned from last year.

Alexander, Brown among NFL's best finds

Lorenzo Alexander is having a career year at 33, while Zach Brown has been a contact machine at ILB. Signed for a combined $2.1 million, they're two of the league's top value pickups, Field Yates writes. Best free-agent bargains (Insider)

Zach Brown, ILB, Buffalo Bills

While tackles don't always tell the full scope of a player's impact, the fact that Brown leads the NFL with 60 through five weeks of play helps highlight just how terrific he has been. He's a sideline-to-sideline linebacker who has offset the loss of second-round pick Reggie Ragland to an ACL injury that will cause him to miss the full season. Brown was inked to a one-year, $1.25 million deal in the offseason after four years in Tennessee. The former second-round pick has been a contact machine, piling up two forced fumbles and a sack, too. He's a key cog in Rex Ryan's defense.