Karlos Williams only has one game left on suspension....

Iraq Vet

I skimmed through the thread so sorry if its already been answered, but does Karlos' suspension begin when he signs with a team or can he really serve his suspension while hes an unsigned free agent????

And more importantly, if he signs with an NFL team in a city in which there is also an NHL franchise, is he allowed to purchase season tickets for both?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you welcome him back? None of our current number two running backs has impressed me....

• They guy we drafted this year, Johnathan Williams, I don't even remember a single play he has made.... way to early to call him a bust.
  • Reggie Bush... nothing
  • Mike Gillislee... not impressed at all.
At this point, I would even talk with old man Freddie Jackson (I am joking of course).

What if the plan all along was to bring him back after week 4? Just saying.... I would not put it past the GM and Rex. They tell KW "you have an extra month to shed the weight... just do it and you're back on the team."

dude what are you looking at Mike gillislie is a good number 2 I think you're saying something just to get a charge so stop posting ridiculous postings

John,

That's some serious wishful thinking on your part. J. Williams has done nothing to make anyone believe that he can be relied on in crucial short yardage situations, esp. against a team like the Pats.

Ka. Williams is ions better.

Not when he has eaten himself out of his uniform.

And...Jonathan Williams is gonna prove a lot of doubters wrong.

The Bills should take him back . He'd be cheap, and if he can do anything like last year they sure could use it. They are deficient at WR so why not stock up on RBs . They have to run effectively now to win. MG has been ok, not making game changing plays like Karlos of 2105. It's worth a chance to see if this knocked some sense into the guy.

Would you welcome him back? None of our current number two running backs has impressed me....

• They guy we drafted this year, Johnathan Williams, I don't even remember a single play he has made.... way to early to call him a bust.
  • Reggie Bush... nothing
At this point, I would even talk with old man Freddie Jackson (I am joking of course).

What if the plan all along was to bring him back after week 4? Just saying.... I would not put it past the GM and Rex. They tell KW "you have an extra month to shed the weight... just do it and you're back on the team."

How hasn't Gillislee impressed you? He's played extremely well imo. If we wanna keep 4 rbs, I'd rather have Karlos than bush all day every day. I think bush will get cut and we'll roll with McCoy, Gillislee and Jonathan Williams

I do not even know what that means.

He is not with his Wife?

He killed her and is eating her?

Going to eat alot?

Going to eat well ?

He likes eating alone?

He eats better alone?

His wife make him eat bad?

His wife tastes bad

cryptic

His GF says: hard work pays off. let's eat

The Bills should take him back . He'd be cheap, and if he can do anything like last year they sure could use it. They are deficient at WR so why not stock up on RBs . They have to run effectively now to win. MG has been ok, not making game changing plays like Karlos of 2105. It's worth a chance to see if this knocked some sense into the guy.

Who's spot should we give him?

Bout to eat alone and eat good

Go 3 pips back in this thread.

Let's do the Time Warp Again!

His wife tastes bad

TMI

I'm sure if they wanted to take him back, and he wanted to be back, we'd have heard by now.

But I'm puzzled by the logic behind the notion that if we're deficient at WR we should stock up on RBs.

If we're deficient at WR, shouldn't we be turning over rocks for unsigned FA WR who might be worth a second look and looking under the taxi squad seat cushions for promising rookies stashed there? Sort of, Justin Hunter redux?

Who's spot should we give him?

Cut Reggie Bush. Then go with a different inactive

Go 3 pips back in this thread.

Let's do the Time Warp Again!

TMI

I'm sure if they wanted to take him back, and he wanted to be back, we'd have heard by now.

But I'm puzzled by the logic behind the notion that if we're deficient at WR we should stock up on RBs.

If we're deficient at WR, shouldn't we be turning over rocks for unsigned FA WR who might be worth a second look and looking under the taxi squad seat cushions for promising rookies stashed there? Sort of, Justin Hunter redux?

Oh , I'm sure we'd have heard if that was case. As for WR , sure but nothing is likely to be out there at this point. Trade for Josh Gordon ? Even if there was, they'd have to learn the offense, develop chemistry with QB etc. it's a lot harder to plug and play in the passing game especially with practice time so limited. Karlos is a proven commodity , knows the offense, and could contribute right away. It's easier to develop proficiency in the running game at this point in the season than passing. RBs also tend to get beat up so if the running game is going to be the offensive calling card, best to stock up. Looks pretty average behind McCoy right now.

• Reggie Bush... nothing

Gillislee hasn't impressed you? Not sure how you come to that conclusion, just about every time he touches the ball he's hitting the hole hard and getting chunk yards. I'm as comfortable with him in there as I am Shady. Sure, Shady can make 3-4 guys miss and gain 10 yards when nothing was there, but he'll also take a 5 yard loss trying to hit the home run instead of taking a few yard gain. Gillislee runs north/south and has done nothing but impress. I'd like to see him more involved and think that's going to happen with the OC change

Cut Reggie Bush. Then go with a different inactive

Oh , I'm sure we'd have heard if that was case. As for WR , sure but nothing is likely to be out there at this point. Trade for Josh Gordon ? Even if there was, they'd have to learn the offense, develop chemistry with QB etc. it's a lot harder to plug and play in the passing game especially with practice time so limited. Karlos is a proven commodity , knows the offense, and could contribute right away. It's easier to develop proficiency in the running game at this point in the season than passing. RBs also tend to get beat up so if the running game is going to be the offensive calling card, best to stock up. Looks pretty average behind McCoy right now.

Gillislee has only gotten 9 carries so far and has averaged 5.6 ypc. That's exactly the average Karlos Williams managed last season. So we'll see how Gillislee holds up, but so far, if it's "average" behind McCoy it's the same "average" that Karlos was.

But the principle disagreement is what I bolded above. Despite his great rookie season, Karlos is not a proven commodity to the Bills right now, and it's not clear he could contribute right away. He was evidently so out of shape in TC that he was passed up on the depth chart by Gillislee, J Williams, and old man Bush. Maybe he's spent the last month slimming down and getting buff n tuff, or maybe he hasn't. The point is, he was so far away from being seen as a contributor that the Bills got out the scissors and cut him, when he wouldn't even have taken up a roster spot for a month and they could have supervised his eating and workouts up here.

I'm sure Justin Hunter would be glad to know he's "nothing". We'll see.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan