• Yes - I was leaning 3rd Party but am now leaning Trump
    • No - I was leaning Clinton and still am
    • No - I was leaning Trump and still am
    • No - I was leaning 3rd Party and still am

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overall a disappointing night for the Union, IMO.

- Clinton- looked like a machine, well programmed, certainly more comfortable in the debate format, more polished and presentable as a politician which was to be expected. She looked frail to me, not during the debate, but after while walking he stage... my wife noticed to, and she really hasn't paid attention to the race much. I kept thinking to myself, "does Hillary grasp our problems, and provide good solutions?"....but I found myself thinking she will pack the court with liberals justices and reengineer the **** out of this country through the court. I've never been impressed with Hillary, still am not today, if I HAD to chose between the two at gun point, Id pick her because of the evil you know, which is not a ringing endorsement.

Trump- I was hoping for more, got what I figured would be the case, a lot words in tangent form. He's not a politician, he's a clear outsider and it showed with his featherweight grasp of the issues. I found myself saying anti-establishment fervor is great, but what happens with the rubber needs to meet the road? I think he would bring management to a government out of control, but what about his interaction internationally, or even with the legislative and judicial arm of this country? yikes. He couldn't help himself, was regularly off topic, probably saying less would have helped.

It would have been nice to see Ted Cruz in this spot, I'm not sure he would win the POTUS, but his campaign would be been much better from a presentation standpoint and he would have elevated the debate to more than, well, whatever that was last night. Hard to believe one of these guys will be sworn in next year....

As I implied when I posted the article about Pennsylvania voter's reaction,

winning in the nation's newsrooms isn't the same as winning out in the real world.

PAPER SHOCK: She loses ground among voters in swing state...

On September 26, 2016, The Charlotte Observer gathered 21 mostly undecided North Carolina voters to watch the first presidential debate. After it ended, political reporters Tim Funk and David Lightman led a discussion streamed in real time via Facebook live. Here is what happened.

CHARLOTTE, N.C.

Kae Roberts and Jay Eardly were leaning toward Hillary Clinton before Monday night’s debate.

By the end, they had both pulled away

John Kokos and Hank Federal were undecided going in, potential Clinton backers.

By the end, they’d ruled her out.

Indeed, while polls found that Clinton had won the first general-election debate with Donald Trump on Monday, she may not have won actual votes. And she may even have lost some, at least in the battleground state of North Carolina.

In a focus group of 21 voters from around Charlotte conducted by McClatchy and The Charlotte Observer, four who had been up for grabs before the debate had moved away from her by the end.

I feel badly for Romney, truly. I voted for him, liked him, and this election he's replaced by Trump. What awful timing.

Agree. I think Romney would have been a terrific President, one we could be re-electing now.

overall a disappointing night for the Union, IMO.

- Clinton- looked like a machine, well programmed, certainly more comfortable in the debate format, more polished and presentable as a politician which was to be expected. She looked frail to me, not during the debate, but after while walking he stage... my wife noticed to, and she really hasn't paid attention to the race much. I kept thinking to myself, "does Hillary grasp our problems, and provide good solutions?"....but I found myself thinking she will pack the court with liberals justices and reengineer the **** out of this country through the court. I've never been impressed with Hillary, still am not today, if I HAD to chose between the two at gun point, Id pick her because of the evil you know, which is not a ringing endorsement.

Trump- I was hoping for more, got what I figured would be the case, a lot words in tangent form. He's not a politician, he's a clear outsider and it showed with his featherweight grasp of the issues. I found myself saying anti-establishment fervor is great, but what happens with the rubber needs to meet the road? I think he would bring management to a government out of control, but what about his interaction internationally, or even with the legislative and judicial arm of this country? yikes. He couldn't help himself, was regularly off topic, probably saying less would have helped.

It would have been nice to see Ted Cruz in this spot, I'm not sure he would win the POTUS, but his campaign would be been much better from a presentation standpoint and he would have elevated the debate to more than, well, whatever that was last night. Hard to believe one of these guys will be sworn in next year....

There is so much low hanging fruit in attacking Clinton and so many facts that support a more right leaning agenda. Trump can't put it together. By now he should be fluent in the issues debated and fluent in her record and poor policy positions. He should be able to speak coherently off the cuff on each topic. He simply can't do it.

The place where we're committing war crimes and training, supporting, funding, and sharing intelligence with ISIS who we're using as a proxy army to kill Syrians and Russians. Because, you know, we're wishing for a better life for those poor Syrians.

Signed,

Chevron and Exxon Mobil

Are you saying that it's the rebels who are bombing Aleppo into oblivion?

We don't know everything there is to know about any of these people but Romney got skewered for being some sort of evil demon. It can clearly be seen that he has done a lot of very charitable things in his life. It can clearly be seen that he is smart and articulate. I didn't agree with him on everything but have no doubt he was capable of the job. And I know he was treated unfairly.

The Obama machine and the political athlete that Obama is what did him in. They had their game plan and they executed almost to perfection.

The sad part was that they attacked him for something that he really wasn't, which I know had to sting. Politics is a rough rough sport.

All I kept thinking about watching that debate was how Hillary baited Trump, all night long.

I'm curious about you folks who said in the poll you are leaning third party voters.

My question is, in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 elections (I include 2004 in order to get away from any "Obama effect"), did you vote Republican or did you vote Democrat or did you vote some third way (or not at all)?

Trump: I'm going to hit harder in the next debate.

That is a loser's statement.

I'm curious about you folks who said in the poll you are leaning third party voters.

My question is, in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 elections (I include 2004 in order to get away from any "Obama effect"), did you vote Republican or did you vote Democrat or did you vote some third way (or not at all)?

2000 Gore (it hurt a lot)

2004 3rd party

2008 3rd party

2012 Romney

As I implied when I posted the article about Pennsylvania voter's reaction,

winning in the nation's newsrooms isn't the same as winning out in the real world.

PAPER SHOCK: She loses ground among voters in swing state...

On September 26, 2016, The Charlotte Observer gathered 21 mostly undecided North Carolina voters to watch the first presidential debate. After it ended, political reporters Tim Funk and David Lightman led a discussion streamed in real time via Facebook live. Here is what happened.

No surprise.

He's got to be really careful with that. At any moment, Clinton can turn to him and say, "Quick Donald: Who's the president of Syria, what is the branch of Islam most widely practiced in Iran, and is Afghanistan a democracy?"

His likely response in that moment will be

1- I'm not going to play your games,

2- I will hire the right people, believe me, who can answer those kinds of questions, or

3- How about we talk about Gennifer Flowers instead?

One thing you can count on is his inability to answer those questions and he will look like a dunderhead, even to his base. I'll be shocked if Hillary doesn't have that gun loaded at every debate and is just waiting to pull it out. Most candidates don't do the "pop quiz" because it can backfire against a skillful person but there's no way Trump can keep up with that. Every time he speaks about foreign policy, she should interject, "And the leader of that country is...? And the party in control of that area is...?"

Bahahahaha! Wait, aren't you voting for "duh, what is Aleppo?"

And his answer would be "the funny thing is, you know the answers and still !@#$ed everything up." Which ties into his "your experience is for ****."

1992 Perot

1996 Perot

2000 Bush

2004 Badnarik

2008 Barr

2012 Johnson

And I intend to vote Johnson in 2016.

The one time I voted a major party was a disastrous vote, learned my lesson. Never again.

Trump: I'm going to hit harder in the next debate.

That is a loser's statement.

Yes, because he apparently lost.

I seem to recall Obama saying something similar shortly after his first debate with Romney, when he schitt the bed and walked off stage thinking he kicked Romney's ass. Then his people gathered around him, and the media gathered around him, and he realized that he actually did schitt the bed, and he came out later and said he'd try harder not to schitt the bed.

Yes, because he apparently lost.

I seem to recall Obama saying something similar shortly after his first debate with Romney, when he schitt the bed and walked off stage thinking he kicked Romney's ass. Then his people gathered around him, and the media gathered around him, and he realized that he actually did schitt the bed, and he came out later and said he'd try harder not to schitt the bed.

And he ended up schitting in the Oval Office and all over the country.

2004: Bush

2008: 3rd Party (no way I was voting for one of the two major parties, not after what Pelosi and the House Republicans tried to do to the world economy.)

2012: Romney.

This election...voting for Trump, because they're both disasters in the making, so may as well go for max destruction.

i don't remember what year but the last time I voted I wrote in Edwards/Tancredo as a ticket. Edwards turned out to be a cretin and Tancredo disappeared but Edwards wanted to give everyone $1M I think and Tancredo wanted to close the borders and keep out the Canadians. It sounded pretty good but I have learned a lot since then.