Brady or Belichick

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

74 members have voted

1. 1. Brady or Belichick

• Tom Brady
    • Bill Belichick

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If you could have one of them for the entirety of their career, who do you take. Tom Brady or Bill Belichick?

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I guess Bill. He can win with any QB

As someone who thinks Belichick is overrated because he has Brady, I gotta say I'm really impressed by his job this year.

That said, he's never won a playoff game with a qb not name Brady. Plenty of scrub Qbs have won regular season games. But a tip of the hat to the guy who dresses like a homeless guy.

As someone who thinks Belichick is overrated because he has Brady, I gotta say I'm really impressed by his job this year.

That said, he's never won a playoff game with a qb not name Brady. Plenty of scrub Qbs have won regular season games. But a tip of the hat to the guy who dresses like a homeless guy.

C. Biscuit: Man, do not his coordinating stints with the Giants, Pats, and Jets count? Also, he went 11-5 in the Cassell season, and I think that may be the only time this century an 11-5 team didn't make the playoffs.

I've always stressed on this fact, Brady is a system guy. Not saying that Brady isn't great because he is lets not get it misconstrued but that BB is MVP of that team and he always has and will be. Rex Ryan could learn a few things.

It's Brady's system though - he basically took it from Charlie Weis and perfected it himself, and every OC there afterward has catered to it.

It's Brady's system though - he basically took it from Charlie Weis and perfected it himself, and every OC there afterward has catered to it.

That's why so many WR fail in the system, you have to be extremely smart and be able to diagnose D like a QB. I was shocked how well Moss did, of course he was a freak of nature talent wise.

Still Brady.

Although past couple of weeks have only confirmed my opinion that the Bills have been going up against the best HC AND QB of all time for the past 15 years.

Yep, you need to be a rocket scientist- like gronk...

Just read a great article (maybe on MMQB) that talked about how opposing coaches have all said Gronk is the smartest TE they've ever faced.

I've always stressed on this fact, Brady is a system guy. Not saying that Brady isn't great because he is lets not get it misconstrued but that BB is MVP of that team and he always has and will be. Rex Ryan could learn a few things.

How would anyone know this to be so if we've only ever seen Brady in BB's system and never performing out of it?

Just read a great article (maybe on MMQB) that talked about how opposing coaches have all said Gronk is the smartest TE they've ever faced.

It kills me every time Gronk (a guy from Buffalo) catches a pass against us and helps the Pats beat us.

Painful.

I am really surprised by the overwhelming votes saying belichick. He is an amazing coach, and maybe the best ever but a hall of fame QB is more valuable. The patriots have been playing great with back up QBS, but do you actually think they could sustain that when opposing coaches get more game film on garoloppo or brissett? It has been 1.5 games for Jimmy and one for Brisett, I can almost guarantee defences would figure those guys out especially Brisett after some more game tape. My answer will always be a great QB over a great coach, just my opinion.

I am really surprised by the overwhelming votes saying belichick. He is an amazing coach, and maybe the best ever but a hall of fame QB is more valuable. The patriots have been playing great with back up QBS, but do you actually think they could sustain that when opposing coaches get more game film on garoloppo or brissett? It has been 1.5 games for Jimmy and one for Brisett, I can almost guarantee defences would figure those guys out especially Brisett after some more game tape. My answer will always be a great QB over a great coach, just my opinion.

He did it for a whole season in 2009. Yes Brady gets NE an extra couple wins each year but BB is the architect.

Regardless of who is playing QB, look at the way he constructs game plans, how he exploits what is given to him, how well prepared his players are for any situation. When was the last time a guy on the field for NE looked "lost"? It just never happens in NE.

He did it for a whole season in 2009. Yes Brady gets NE an extra couple wins each year but BB is the architect.

Regardless of who is playing QB, look at the way he constructs game plans, how he exploits what is given to him, how well prepared his players are for any situation. When was the last time a guy on the field for NE looked "lost"? It just never happens in NE.

Ya and they missed the playoffs. They went 11-5 which is very good but on a extremely soft schedule. Just look at it this way. Belichick has made the playoffs every single year with Brady since 2003 I believe (maybe even earlier). The one year Brady got Injured, he missed the playoffs. And on top of that Cassel was a very competent QB from 2008-2011

Sorry, just think you're flat out wrong on this one. I've seen enough with Matt Cassel, Jimmy G and now a rookie on a short week winning 27-0 against a 2-0 team. Not to mention the amount of times the Pats have won when Brady wasn't on his game or the game plan was geared toward winning with a heavy dose of the run. Sure, Brady has thrown the team on his back before and won the game for them, but that's not to say they wouldn't have won with another QB with a totally different game plan to utilize that players strengths. It actually amazes me that more coaches don't take this approach and is reason #1 for the Bills struggles. Too many times coaches try to fit their players to the scheme instead of fitting the scheme to your players strengths.

Belichick is greatest HC of all time. Brady is the greatest QB of all time. These two statements are both mutually exclusive.

So, when you have the greatest HC of all time paired up with greatest QB of all time you have the greatest system of all time.

There needs to be a like button!!

Sorry, just think you're flat out wrong on this one. I've seen enough with Matt Cassel, Jimmy G and now a rookie on a short week winning 27-0 against a 2-0 team. Not to mention the amount of times the Pats have won when Brady wasn't on his game or the game plan was geared toward winning with a heavy dose of the run. Sure, Brady has thrown the team on his back before and won the game for them, but that's not to say they wouldn't have won with another QB with a totally different game plan to utilize that players strengths. It actually amazes me that more coaches don't take this approach and is reason #1 for the Bills struggles. Too many times coaches try to fit their players to the scheme instead of fitting the scheme to your players strengths.

Belichick is an amazing coach. But just remember, the one year Brady was injured what happened? They missed the playoffs. That is no coincidence. A QB is always more valuable than a head coach. Matt cassel also had some very good years with the chiefs if you recall. Made the playoffs 2 years with them I believe

Is this poll asking who I would rather punch in the face? I'll never understand coveting the enemy. I HATE them and want to beat them

same. But I'll take some of the enemies coordinators.

Belichick is an amazing coach. But just remember, the one year Brady was injured what happened? They missed the playoffs. That is no coincidence. A QB is always more valuable than a head coach. Matt cassel also had some very good years with the chiefs if you recall. Made the playoffs 2 years with them I believe

They missed the playoffs with Cassel, but did win 10 games.

C. Biscuit: Man, do not his coordinating stints with the Giants, Pats, and Jets count? Also, he went 11-5 in the Cassell season, and I think that may be the only time this century an 11-5 team didn't make the playoffs.

As a DC. Dick Jauron went 13-3 starting Cade McNown and Jim Miller. He won 7 games a year with JP Losman and Trent Edwards. I'm very impressed by their start but I tend to favor coaches who win playoffs games with multiple Qbs. It's why I think Joe Gibbs is secretly on the short list of best coach ever.

And I have hated almost everything about Rex's cos bing job here. But if we just switch coaches, how does each team do this year?

As a DC. Dick Jauron went 13-3 starting Cade McNown and Jim Miller. He won 7 games a year with JP Losman and Trent Edwards. I'm very impressed by their start but I tend to favor coaches who win playoffs games with multiple Qbs. It's why I think Joe Gibbs is secretly on the short list of best coach ever.

And I have hated almost everything about Rex's cos bing job here. But if we just switch coaches, how does each team do this year?

I'm going to press you again on this: since the league went to a 16 game schedule in 1978, the 2008 Patriots are the ONLY 11-5 team to not make the playoffs. Do you not think they would have won a playoff game that year had they made it? They had won their final four games of the season by a collective score of 133-54. Denver went to the playoffs with an 8-8 record that year, btw.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm going to press you again on this: since the league went to a 16 game schedule in 1978, the 2008 Patriots are the ONLY 11-5 team to not make the playoffs. Do you not think they would have won a playoff game that year had they made it? They had won their final four games of the season by a collective score of 133-54. Denver went to the playoffs with an 8-8 record that year, btw.

Stuff happens like that that. They still lost 5 games than they did the previous year. The Jets missed the playoffs at 10-6 last year and that rarely happens too.

He won 11 games with Matt freaking Cassel. That's a pretty good feat in itself, no matter how hard you try to diminish it.

Cassel was good for like 3 or 4 years.. And they won 11 games because there schedule was a joke. They played the NFC west that year, and seattle won that division at like 7 and 9

Cassel was good for like 3 or 4 years.. And they won 11 games because there schedule was a joke. They played the NFC west that year, and seattle won that division at like 7 and 9

Didn't they also win a playoff game Seatle that year? Was a huge upset if I remember right

Stuff happens like that that. They still lost 5 games than they did the previous year. The Jets missed the playoffs at 10-6 last year and that rarely happens too.

There have been at least ten instances of 10-6 teams not making it.

same. But I'll take some of the enemies coordinators.

They missed the playoffs with Cassel, but did win 10 games.

11 games. To reiterate, the 2008 Patriots are the only 11-5 team to not make the playoffs in league history.