It's Official, Rex is Delusional

IronyAbounds

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do you expect him to say?

I expected him to say something stupid, it's his MO. But if he wasn't an idiot, he could have said a lot of things without jumping to Rob "is doing as good a job as anybody coaching in the league", such as "I think he's a valuable addition to the staff" or "his knowledge of how I like to run the defense is quite an asset." Guys with Rob Ryan's track record are not considered to be doing as good a job as any coach in the NFL.

if you read between the lines. Rex basically conceded the Arizona game. without actually saying it. In his presser today. Even mentioned the pats** the following week.

You are obviously a between the between the between the lines reader. He said the same thing he says every week. Good team, ton of respect for x,y,z , they know how to take advantage of situations.

Sound familiar? It's not exactly rocket surgery to spit the same crap out every week to the media.

You are obviously a between the between the between the lines reader. He said the same thing he says every week. Good team, ton of respect for x,y,z , they know how to take advantage of situations.

Sound familiar? It's not exactly rocket surgery to spit the same crap out every week to the media.

I used to enjoy the coaches press conferences. I liked Chans southern charm and (sorry).. I even liked Marrones because he was a nut case.

Rex just spews the same garbage every time like you said. I at least was hoping he'd be good interview when he was hired. Now I don't even listen.

In other news, Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick wears his wedding ring during games.

The jets must be a bumbling organization. do they even know of this atrocity?

Bowles is bad at clock management because Fitzy is allowed to wear his B word ring. fact

I used to enjoy the coaches press conferences. I liked Chans southern charm and (sorry).. I even liked Marrones because he was a nut case.

Rex just spews the same garbage every time like you said. I at least was hoping he'd be good interview when he was hired. Now I don't even listen.

to each their own.

Understood. He called Arizona the best if not close team to it in the league. So no he doesn't say that weekly. And yes I am paraphrasing. I have seen Rex's bluster, bs respect to opponents, etc. His confidence level didn't seem high this week.

I just think Rex has checked out mentally. And to be honest, I think that started sometime last year - right after the Eagles/Redskins losses eliminate the Bills from contention. I don't hear any stories of him burning the midnight oil or coming into the office before dawn, stories that are pretty typical with other insanely workaholic NFL coaches. The trip to Clemson with Rob? Well, I'm sure it's normal after a Thursday game to take the weekend off, but not exactly the best optics, was it ... I think Rex knows the guillotine is coming for him and Rob, and in his mind he's more focused on his future media career than on salvaging something this season. And I do think the Rob hiring plays into that: no one else was going to give Rob a chance, so Rex thought what the hell, I'll give him a shot to resurrect his career.

I think Rex finally knows its time to shut this mouth. It's going on 7 years since he's had a winning record. People can get their doctorate in that amount of time. He's dealing with the fact that he's ruining his families name with the garbage he is putting on the field and he doesn't know how to fix it. I feel bad because I know he generally cares about us fans and doesn't only want to win for himself but win for everyone around him, which includes the fans. Hope he turns it around and we beat Arizona but he knows its a long shot.

Wouldn't he have to fire Dennis Thurman first?

Why fire Rob? He's a consultant and worked for the most part with the LB's who are playing fairly well. If you want the D-Coordinator gone you want Rex gone.

Dennis who?

Rob is a dingleberry hanging on to the coaching staff because his brother felt bad for him and the Pegulas were too soft to say that this is not something they would ever have done if Rex wasn't HC.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Let's set aside the more subjective argument that Rob Ryan sucks big time (I think the folks in Dallas and New Orleans might want to weigh in on that). To suggest that Rob Ryan is one of the best coaches in the NFL is so objectively stupid, can there be any doubt that Rex is an idiot?

Rob Ryan is the Bestest Coach Ever

But he said it wasn't nepotism when he hired him. I've said that Rex is delusional a few times on here, pretty said he believes his own lies.

(I haven't watched R&R Reunited yet but going to once Rex gets fired, should be quite entertaining)