Garoppolo hurt

judman

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wth is so hard to understand about the inherent irony of a Patriots fan talking about how he wants to see a good clean game? If you really want to see a good clean game, then you've picked the wrong team.

Maybe if I rephrase for ya Jaur you will finally get it. I was saying why act like a freakin loser tool and want your team go out there and hurt someone? Why because you have such a loser mentality that's the only way to get enjoyment out of it then stop watching! NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME ITSELF ABOUT THE FAN.. Get it ? Damn..

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 9m9 minutes ago

Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett is present in locker room during media access. He does not have any protective covering over his right thumb.

I will die laughing if we talked all this time about Jimmy G and it ends up being Jacoby behind center lol

Maybe if I rephrase for ya Jaur you will finally get it. I was saying why act like a freakin loser tool and want your team go out there and hurt someone? Why because you have such a loser mentality that's the only way to get enjoyment out of it then stop watching! NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME ITSELF ABOUT THE FAN.. Get it ? Damn..

I will die laughing if we talked all this time about Jimmy G and it ends up being Jacoby behind center lol

I don't see how rephrasing your tired post, which I totally understood the first time, will help you comprehend anything I've written, but feel free to continue embarrassing yourself.

And what you don't seem to understand about this is that--as fans--we'd hope for this just like we'd hope for increased targets for Sammy. Because--as has been explained to you going on dozens of times now--targeting an opponent's injury, like getting the ball in the hands of your playmakers, is a tactic.

Edited by The Big Cat

And what you don't seem to understand about this is that--as fans--we'd hope for this just like we'd hope for increased targets for Sammy. Because--as has been explained to you going on dozens of times now--targeting an opponent's injury, like getting the ball in the hands of your playmakers, is a tactic.

Then as fans you have lost your way. Hope for lots of QB hits and sacks sure.. Hoping that it hurts the person a tool move.. Like pats fans rooting for P manning last year get his neck hurt again.. I called them tools as well...

Then as fans you have lost your way. Hope for lots of QB hits and sacks sure.. Hoping that it hurts the person a tool move.. Like pats fans rooting for P manning last year get his neck hurt again.. I called them tools as well...

Then GTFO our message board if we're such wandering cretins. Seems like you know a good deal about tools. How bout you go stick yours in a wall socket. GO BILLS

(I don't care if this post gets me banned)

Methinks you might be confusing hurt with injure.

I learned the difference from a hockey coach when I was a kid. Paraphrased, every time you make contact, you do it with intent to hurt. You want him to feel it and to be sore from it. You hit him hard and he's going to be thinking about you next time you're on the ice with him. But never hit with intent to injure - that's a different thing all together.

And if you don't believe that 100% of NFL players target an opponent's hurt or sore arm, shoulder, wrist, etc, you may be incredibly naive.

Then GTFO our message board if we're such wandering cretins. Seems like you know a good deal about tools. How bout you go stick yours in a wall socket. GO BILLS

(I don't care if this post gets me banned)

I'm with him. Go troll your own board. With the 15 year win streak you guys are on you need to come here to get your rocks off?

Hits and injuries are part of the game. They are not an unfortunate consequence, but rather why many find the sport so compelling. There is nothing wrong with cheering for your team to punish the opposition and if they can't take it, knock them out of it. Man's game. Let's not be PC and pretend we don't want our team's guys to hit the opponent into oblivion. Not end his career but knock him out. Football is savagery legalized and if that offends you go watch the Red Sox. I'll continue watching for big hits and enjoying it completely and yes I loved seeing Pollard knocking out Tom Brady for the year ( on scoreboard replay) and so did 90% of the section I was in. Nothing wrong with it. These guys know what they are signing up for. And we don't care who the Pats trot out at QB as BB just won't let anyone know. Not like he's pulling some hilarious trick. We know who it won't be. I doubt the Bills care too much either. If and when my team gets around to winning again I'll enjoy that too, but for now I'll enjoy the basics of the game including watching great athletes move in space and deliver crushing hits. It's what the game is built around.

Hits and injuries are part of the game. They are not an unfortunate consequence, but rather why many find the sport so compelling. There is nothing wrong with cheering for your team to punish the opposition and if they can't take it, knock them out of it. Man's game. Let's not be PC and pretend we don't want our team's guys to hit the opponent into oblivion. Not end his career but knock him out. Football is savagery legalized and if that offends you go watch the Red Sox. I'll continue watching for big hits and enjoying it completely and yes I loved seeing Pollard knocking out Tom Brady for the year ( on scoreboard replay) and so did 90% of the section I was in. Nothing wrong with it. These guys know what they are signing up for. And we don't care who the Pats trot out at QB as BB just won't let anyone know. Not like he's pulling some hilarious trick. We know who it won't be. I doubt the Bills care too much either. If and when my team gets around to winning again I'll enjoy that too, but for now I'll enjoy the basics of the game including watching great athletes move in space and deliver crushing hits. It's what the game is built around.

Don't bring the Red Sox into this! Pats fans are a whole different entity.

pats fan you seem pretty level headed except for this week

You should not be suprised that people think if the pats put a hurt (and playing well) player on the field that they wont target that shoulder.....

I personally dont like to see ANY player take a severe injury....but lets not act like the patriots are not above doing this....they do it.....a LOT. Wilfork was really known for this.

pats fan you seem pretty level headed except for this week

You should not be suprised that people think if the pats put a hurt (and playing well) player on the field that they wont target that shoulder.....

I personally dont like to see ANY player take a severe injury....but lets not act like the patriots are not above doing this....they do it.....a LOT. Wilfork was really known for this.

I was just talking about fans wanting to see someone get injured as being a tool. And that's the last I'll say on the subject as it has regressed badly. (And I am just as guilty for it happening as anyone else.)

You don't see a difference between wanting more targets for Watkins and wanting a player to deliberately try and [re]injure an opponent? That's not a tactic, it's being a douche. I sure hope you do and are just trying to be a dick for whatever reason.

I was just talking about fans wanting to see someone get injured as being a tool. And that's the last I'll say on the subject as it has regressed badly. (And I am just as guilty for it happening as anyone else.)

I bet you hated Rodney Harrison and Vince Wolfolk, huh.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

@philaperry

Both Patriots quarterbacks present at practice today. Jacoby Brissett has his right thumb taped.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 9m9 minutes ago

Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett is present in locker room during media access. He does not have any protective covering over his right thumb.

One of these guys needs better glasses.

I bet you hated Rodney Harrison and Vince Wolfolk, huh.

Are they fans? Did they actively banter of wanting someone to hurt another player? No? Then we are not talking about the same thing.

One of these guys needs better glasses.

Not sure but maybe the thumb got raped up between the two seeing him??

You're also ignoring the possibility that Doc was looking to drum up more business.

No, they actually went out of their way to intentionally hurt other players, not just talk about it.

Illegally as well as legally.

But that's NOT what I was talking about. I was talking about fans putting stupid posts up actively wanting one of YOUR teams players (your being whatever team you cheer for) to actually go do it. For example if Miami fans said "I hope Su goes out there and stomps on Tyrod knee" that fan is a tool, Su actually doing it is a dirty player.

But that's NOT what I was talking about. I was talking about fans putting stupid posts up actively wanting one of YOUR teams players (your being whatever team you cheer for) to actually go do it. For example if Miami fans said "I hope Su goes out there and stomps on Tyrod knee" that fan is a tool, Su actually doing it is a dirty player.

Well that would be encouraging something bushl eague and illegal. Targeting a player's shoulder during the act of tackling is not.

Why are you still here?

Well that would be encouraging something bushl eague and illegal. Targeting a player's shoulder during the act of tackling is not.

Why are you still here?

Why just to annoy you of course! lol I am still here because well I can be.

And you are drawing a very fine line there my friend.. A very fine line.

Edited by PatsFanNH

Why just to annoy you of course! lol I am still here because well I can be.

And you are drawing a very fine line there my friend.. A very fine line.

The line between legal and illegal is pretty clear, actually. But you've demonstrated a fundamental inability to understand that. So, see ya.

You don't see a difference between wanting more targets for Watkins and wanting a player to deliberately try and [re]injure an opponent? That's not a tactic, it's being a douche. I sure hope you do and are just trying to be a dick for whatever reason.

So you suggest the Bills should avoid making contact to Garappolos shoulder?

The line between legal and illegal is pretty clear, actually. But you've demonstrated a fundamental inability to understand that. So, see ya.

Just like you have had an issue with READING comprehension. Must be sad having to cheer for a borderline hit in order to hope of reimbursing a player. As I said I thought people calling for P Manning be targeted were also wrong. have a nice day.

This is the post you took exception to:

If he plays and they get a hit on him they need to make sure to drive his shoulder into the turf.

Now, note the difference between that and your comparison to Suh taking out a player's knee. There is a stark distinction between the two.

Are they fans? Did they actively banter of wanting someone to hurt another player? No? Then we are not talking about the same thing.

Not sure but maybe the thumb got raped up between the two seeing him??

Who rapes a thumb? Honestly?

I guess we can add thumb rape to the list of shady s@$# going on in Fawkesboro.

Why in gods earth would a Patriots fan ever want to spend time on a Bills message board other than for attention or to be a dick? Closet Bills fan or just an ass hole?

Bills were the only AFC East team (fans) that didn't act like jerks in the old Sullivan Stadium. You guys were pretty damn cool when you were kicking our asses with Kelly and company. I can not say the same thing for Phin fans with Marino and def can't say that for Jet fans EVER. Every time I met a Bills fan back then you were pretty awesome and supportive, telling me how you remembered being where we were at the time..

Bad example. That is not part of the game. Clean hits that are targeting an injured area are part of the game and no different than cheering on a good play in another area of the game. Obviously stomping on a players knee is a cheap shot ( the type a guy like Suh is known for) and should be penalized/ fined.