Wow...Rex was pressured by management to appease fans...

Big Turk

I've been a fan of this team since 1966. I'm very close to concluding that Rex Ryan may be the worst coach this team has ever had, if you measure badness by the distance between his reputation when he was hired and the fundamentally abysmal way he has handled every part of his job except PR and press conferences.

By far, and without rival that I can remember, except maybe Gregg Williams.

Edited by Dr. K

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sporting News has learned that Buffalo’s front office leaned on head coach Rex Ryan to make a significant change in hopes of appeasing a disgruntled fan base. Thus, Roman was on the outs Friday following a 37-31 home loss to the New York Jets."

I guess removing the lap band didn't do it. Week 3 sacrificial lamb... Reggie Bush?

Rex just said he went home and brought the decision to the Pegula's, so as usual the truth is what each person decides to believe.

Why would anyone, including Rex, publicly admit that the organization pressured him to fire his OC?

Edited by Mr. WEO

who is Alex Marvez, and why do we believe he has inner insight into the workings of the Bills?

I would have thought "commonsense" would say this dude probably does not.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

WTF???

When a team uses firing a coach to "appease the fan base" we have a serious issue...

When you let fans run the team, it can only be a disaster...

Remember when Fitz played well and everyone said that they should give him a contract extension?

Remember recently when TT played well and everyone was saying they should give him a contract extension?

Remember when everyone said that someone had to be held accountable for what's going on with the team and someone finally was?

Everyone got what they wanted and now they are complaining about it.

who is Alex Marvez, and why do we believe he has inner insight into the workings of the Bills?

Sounds like just another guy getting his clicks up while passing off speculation as fact without having to name "sources"

The truth is probably somewhere inbetween, you would think the coaches and owners have goals and expectations for each unit and if Greg Ro wasn't meeting them or adapting to them then this is the result. From some of what Rex said in the presser it sounded like he was biting his tongue a bit when talking about how Tyrod was being used etc.

I would have thought "commonsense" would say this dude probably does not.

How about read the entire thread, in the first response to the OP I mocked the credibility of this report.

"Sporting News has learned that Buffalos front office leaned on head coach Rex Ryan to make a significant change in hopes of appeasing a disgruntled fan base. Thus, Roman was on the outs Friday following a 37-31 home loss to the New York Jets."

I guess removing the lap band didn't do it. Week 3 sacrificial lamb... Reggie Bush?

Did he even suit up Thursday?

Funny they just had a live Rex presser on tv. he claims it is his decision to fire Roman. every bobblehead disagreed with that statement

Rex then speaks very highly of Lynn and said he has in the past turned down OC jobs. He also said he is more than capable of running this offense, and will get HC offers eventually. Mike Silver, etc. then go on too say if Rex has this much confidence with Lynn why when he brought him over from new jersey why wasn't he named OC then? good thought.

So now the Bills are showcasing Anthony Lynn for 14 games for the rest of the league.

How do you think Rex wants Tyrod to be used?

I think he was hinting at his ability to make plays with his legs. From the first two games it already seemed like TT was trying to hang in the pocket as much as possible until he had to run. JMO.

Or, modern "journalists" know they can make wild-ass assumptions and no one will ever hold them accountable.

It's a game of he said, she said. Fans are going to believe what the media says because of an "anonymous source" over what the team says.

I think he was hinting at his ability to make plays with his legs. From the first two games it already seemed like TT was trying to hang in the pocket as much as possible until he had to run. JMO.

It's a game of he said, she said. Fans are going to believe what the media says because of an "anonymous source" over what the team says.

Rex said Tyrod has unique talents and he wants to highlight those while continuing to develop some of the things he needs work on.

Just stunned how it could go from optimism (we've seen enough of our starters in pre-season and they're good) to this in 6 days. This has all the makings of a 2 game season. Sammy is glass, Gilmore got toasted all night- and to a lesser extent Darby, Goodwin gets 2nd concussion this year, Shaq and Ragland have yet to play a down, Clay is all but invisible, Darius is a weed head and could care less now that he got has cash, and Tyrod has looked like the space shuttle on reentry. I can't even conceive where they go from here. It only took 6 days for the season to end. That has to be a record.