Wow...Rex was pressured by management to appease fans...

Big Turk

Eh, when the team wins 4 games everyone will be gone anyway.

If things don't turn around drastically 4 wins is too many. If they start 0-4 tanking needs to be considered, any wins over bad teams like LA and the Browns will just cost you draft position. Dont complain about purgatory then put the team right back in it. The league rewards losing, don't just be good at it...be great.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF???

When a team uses firing a coach to "appease the fan base" we have a serious issue...

When you let fans run the team, it can only be a disaster...

You mean Pegula did what everyone here said he should do? How dare he!

If things don't turn around drastically 4 wins is too many. If they start 0-4 tanking needs to be considered, any wins over bad teams like LA and the Browns will just cost you draft position. Dont complain about purgatory then put the team right back in it. The league rewards losing, don't just be good at it...be great.

Just make sure there is someone worth tanking for. Do you want to end up with Jared Goff 2.0?

Agree 100%.

If your going to suck, !@#$ing blow chunks. And I'm not talking about my dog....

Sad to say though being only a few days into the season. I will pull for them vs. Arizona and NE...if the boat starts to float ride it until it sinks. If they lose both those games it's in the best interest to lose out and get the top pick.

It would help lure in a new coach/GM and simplify the Taylor contract. Strange to think if Tyrod starts playing like last year and mixes in a few more bad games someone has to make a decision on big $. He needs to sink or swim asap.

You mean Pegula did what everyone here said he should do? How dare he!

Just make sure there is someone worth tanking for. Do you want to end up with Jared Goff 2.0?

The book is far from written on Goff but if your asking me if I want to draft a Cali kid who is as soft as butter and listens to Taylor Swift the answer is no. The college season is still young so it's hard to project the top QB, admittedly I have only watched a handful of games this year. Tanking is the best option even if no QB emerges though. Stud player, trade downs, additional first rounders give you an extra year of control.

Remember when Fitz played well and everyone said that they should give him a contract extension?

Remember recently when TT played well and everyone was saying they should give him a contract extension?

Remember when everyone said that someone had to be held accountable for what's going on with the team and someone finally was?

Everyone got what they wanted and now they are complaining about it.

Remember when the Bills started a season 5-1 under Jauron and he got an extension? It must be an extension jinx.

WTF???

When a team uses firing a coach to "appease the fan base" we have a serious issue...

When you let fans run the team, it can only be a disaster...

I hope this isn't true because then we are truly screwed

So, let me get this straight.

• The defense tanks and allows Fitzpasspick 374 yards passing and almost 500 yards of total offense
  • The run game completely stalls for two games and the Bills QB is then forced to try and carry the offense.
  • The Bills QB needs to scramble to make plays because there is no run game to support him and the offense scores 31 points.

So, the answer is to fire the OC and promote the RB coach :wacko: Excuse me as I just don't see how promoting the coach from the weakest area of the team is the answer.

our QB sux, don't act like he was trying to save the team.

I've been a fan of this team since 1966. I'm very close to concluding that Rex Ryan may be the worst coach this team has ever had, if you measure badness by the distance between his reputation when he was hired and the fundamentally abysmal way he has handled every part of his job except PR and press conferences.

By far, and without rival that I can remember, except maybe Gregg Williams.

Hank Bullough

This wouldnt be surprising to me.

The same type of thing happened with the sabres twice. Ruff was fired early in the season after a full offseason and a lockout. The fans the night before was exceptionally brutal. The fans were right though. The thing was stale and change was needed. Ruff was the sacrifice so darcy could continue and darcy even hired a clone of himself as head coach for awhile.

The same thing happened early the following season. The crowd got to the point of national embarrassment and was picking up national press. The move was made early in a season.

The timing of those moves always concerns me about pegula. The sabres (like the bills) needed an overhaul and he didnt have the foresight to do it. The moves definitely seemed reluctant and forced.

In the nfl there are a lot more sacrificial lamb possibilities that can be slaughtered before you admit there are real problems that can and should be corrected

Edited by May Day 10

Agree 100%.

If your going to suck, !@#$ing blow chunks. And I'm not talking about my dog....

You guys aren't season ticket holders are you?

All this talk about tanking is B.S. Tanking is for losers and quitters. It's unsportsmanlike. It is a kitty move. And it sucks.

Ian Rapporport has a video up on NFL.com saying that this has been in the works for awhile. Something about them keeping Roman through the offseason because of the impressive rushing numbers but having an underlying concern heading into the season. After two games they saw the problems they knew existed blah blah. On my phone so I'm not able to link the video but it's at/near the top of the page.

This makes the most sense to me. I am in the camp that this has been brewing for a while, mainly over the late play calls.