Wow...Rex was pressured by management to appease fans...

Big Turk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was hinting at his ability to make plays with his legs. From the first two games it already seemed like TT was trying to hang in the pocket as much as possible until he had to run. JMO.

It's a game of he said, she said. Fans are going to believe what the media says because of an "anonymous source" over what the team says.

It did seem to me he was trying to be a pocket passer. TT is not a pocket passer though. They need to design roll out plays and use him to his strengths instead of trying to make him a pocket passer. Also on that play late in the game where they killed Tyrod and he looked like he was knocked out i knew it was over. He was rattled and he will probably never trust stepping up in the pocket again. Everyone wonders why TT scrambles left or right and wont step up in the pocket, well that hit he took is why.

I've been a fan of this team since 1966. I'm very close to concluding that Rex Ryan may be the worst coach this team has ever had, if you measure badness by the distance between his reputation when he was hired and the fundamentally abysmal way he has handled every part of his job except PR and press conferences.

By far, and without rival that I can remember, except maybe Gregg Williams.

Rex has a lot more failure to demonstrate to beat out John Rauch.

It did seem to me he was trying to be a pocket passer. TT is not a pocket passer though. They need to design roll out plays and use him to his strengths instead of trying to make him a pocket passer. Also on that play late in the game where they killed Tyrod and he looked like he was knocked out i knew it was over. He was rattled and he will probably never trust stepping up in the pocket again. Everyone wonders why TT scrambles left or right and wont step up in the pocket, well that hit he took is why.

Pretty much. Hit the bomb to Salas on a broken play where he was able to throw across his body 40ish yards on target. If he can hit guys while running left and right then let him run around. That was one thing that was weird about the Ravens game. He had room to run quite a bit and ran into trouble instead of away from it. Like he was expected to stay behind his line. Not sure though. Just seems like a different passer from last year already in the two games he's played.

I have heard several different explanations for this firing, from the head scratching to the hysterical. Rex's presser only brought more fog to a pitch black situation.

First, it's sooooooo important to realize that Greg Roman is a great football coach. There's no doubt in my mind that he is a great football coach. Why did you make the move now? Well, it was more convenient than doing it on a Sunday. We usually play on Sunday, you know. What did Greg do wrong? Don't want to say. Was the decision to fire Greg yours alone? Yes, I solely casually make decisions about the careers of overpaid coordinators for breakfast. How will things improve under coach Lynn? Roman is such a great coach. What happened to the defense last night? We need to be better. How will the defense improve with coach Lynn at OC? We're going to make the Buffalo Bills great again. How does Lynn differ from Roman? I've been around Lynn for eight years now. I really know about Lynn and how great a coach he is. I knew about Roman tto, when I worked with him at Baltimore. Musta been a brain fart when I hired Roman, Roman sucks, but Roman's a great football coach, did I say that already? My favorite color is blue. Roman is a great, great coach.

For a guy who solely made the decision to fire Roman, he seemed perfectly incapable of explaining why he did it and what would improve from doing it. Rex looked like a pawn in a chess game. Conjecture is that Tyrod wasn't getting Watkins the ball enough. Great, but firing Roman doesn't put the ball in Watkins' hands more often if Watkins is on IR. Tyrod does look like he's regressing through two games although it's not much of a sample size for a sophomore QB.

Of all the reasons for a "PROFESSIONAL" football team to fire a coach in week 2 was because they're worried about the fan response. The fan response is whatever the fan response is, and I'm livid. But you want your team to have a foundation and a vision and a plan to execute pulling it off that can't be overthrown in one night's panic.

Ryan is toast. The Bills are toast. Worse, the players have got to know. The good news is that the next coach will only need three more years to get his players in to play his style of football ro replace the ones that never even got to be Rex's players. Maybe 4-3 is the answer, 3-4 sucks. Nobody plays 3-4 anymore. We need to be better. It's hard to win in the NFL.

Somewhere, Mario Williams is saying, "Told ya so."

If they wanted to "appease fans" they would of canned Rex. Everyone knows he is the problem. I have been on record saying I hated the hire last year. He is a crap coach. My guess he was talked at today and is on a short leash so he served up this offering to management.

No usually when someone says "everyone" it is like "silent majority" and filled with false info and dead votes.

The Pegula's pressuring Rex to fire someone to appease casual fans (that don't understand football) that are disgruntled because this is a bad team when in reality it was a bad team 4 months ago.

The Pegula's are just Ralph Wilson with bigger pockets.

i don't know what else to do other than just hope the marvez story is made up....because it the pegulas' judgment is that bad, there is pretty much no hope for this franchise.

wgr reported what Alex Marvez reported

Did they report it from their own source or just as Alex Marvez' parrots?

Vic Carruci is reporting that the owners expressed concerns Friday morning about the offense carrying over from last season and showing up in the 1st 2 games including 3rd down conversions (or lack thereof) and late communication. He cites "a team source" and says "Rex took action" which pretty much sounds like Alex Marvez' "pressured by management" report.

On the other hand, Vic is the one whose source told him about an ultimatum meeting that other sources affirm never happened, not Pegula's style, and so forth. So I don't know.

I will say in Rex's presser he did not show the demeanor of a confident leader at peace with a decision he felt he had to make. Whether that's because Rex just generally hates to let anyone go, or whether that's because he was not, in fact, the one who made the decision, can't tell you.

The Pegula's pressuring Rex to fire someone to appease casual fans (that don't understand football) that are disgruntled because this is a bad team when in reality it was a bad team 4 months ago.

The Pegulas telling Rex they are dissatisfied that concerns they expressed last year about the management of the offense haven't been addressed and Rex deciding to address them with the Turk would not quite be the same as firing someone to appease disgruntled fans.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Vic Carruci is reporting that the owners expressed concerns Friday morning about the offense carrying over from last season and showing up in the 1st 2 games including 3rd down conversions (or lack thereof) and late communication. He cites "a team source" and says "Rex took action" which pretty much sounds like Alex Marvez' "pressured by management" report.

On the other hand, Vic is the one whose source told him about an ultimatum meeting that other sources affirm never happened, not Pegula's style, and so forth. So I don't know.

I will say in Rex's presser he did not show the demeanor of a confident leader at peace with a decision he felt he had to make. Whether that's because Rex just generally hates to let anyone go, or whether that's because he was not, in fact, the one who made the decision, can't tell you.

The Pegulas telling Rex they are dissatisfied that concerns they expressed last year about the management of the offense haven't been addressed and Rex deciding to address them with the Turk would not quite be the same as firing someone to appease disgruntled fans.

This. I have no doubt he was pressured by his bosses. I highly doubt the motivation is to "appease fans".

Edited by DrDareustein

they said "According to Alex Marvez on Twitter...."

He said it was multiple team sources. Jim Kelly said as much as well until he backed off it when he got heat for it.

"other sources" are always going to deny stuff that may embarrass the team, such as this issue about "pressure" on Rex.

This seems like a strange move for Rex, a pretty loyal guy, to do to a coach he hired a season ago. I don't see this being his idea--especially given how bad his D played last night. This sounded like an ultimatum. My guess is that if Roman was HC and Rex DC, Rex would be the one getting fired by Roman today.

Ian Rapporport has a video up on NFL.com saying that this has been in the works for awhile. Something about them keeping Roman through the offseason because of the impressive rushing numbers but having an underlying concern heading into the season. After two games they saw the problems they knew existed blah blah. On my phone so I'm not able to link the video but it's at/near the top of the page.

Everyone knows Alex Marvez has inside knowledge of all things Bills.

Rex's scar looks like a lizard in that picture.

Edited by Triple Threat