Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First random article i clicked on regarding Roman and the 49ers... Does this not sound familiar at all? Is it CK and TT, or is it Roman???

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has drawn plenty of criticism, but CBS Sports Network analyst Chris Simms believes he’s been hurt by what he terms unimaginative passing schemes. Simms, 34, is a former quarterback who played parts of five seasons in the NFL.

“I would say (the 49ers have) one of the least creative passing schemes that I watch on film in a week-in, week-out basis,” Simms said. “The concepts are very simple. I don’t see a lot of new stuff from week to week.”

That said, Simms is also baffled by the fact that the 49ers’ passing attack doesn’t include some old staples, most notably short passes he thinks would help Kaepernick establish a rhythm.

“I don’t see wide receiver screens,” Simms said. “I don’t see running back screens. Very rarely are there easy slam-dunk completions, which are a part of any really good offense. It’s always 'Hey, it’s 3rd-and-9, Colin, can you throw a 100 mph strike for us 30 yards downfield?’ That’s what I feel they often ask of him.”

Sounds about right!

@JoeBuscaglia

I think the #Bills firing of Greg Roman is a bad decision, and I explain why, in full, here: https://t.co/h8zEmVtYT0

Joe B. is right. For all the coaching crap we can talk about, most of the blame has to fall on Whaley, and on Rex to the extent he is in on personnel/draft decisions. The O line is still really bad, particularly with Glenn out, and they did nothing to address that in the draft or free agency. And the they made classic mistakes in committing too much money to aging players. McCoy was never a good fit for what Roman likes to do offensively; he succeeded with Frank Gore. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of blame to go around. But Whaley should have been the first to go.

Oh thank God -- Roman sucked. He didn't know how to use his players. For a run-first guy he couldn't come up with successful short-yardage plays. He was always late getting plays called. He didn't have a hurry-up offense installed. I'm usually calling for continuity, but there was no living with that guy any longer. He had to go before Rex because he couldn't possibly be Rex's successor.

I've said all along that Greg Roman was grossly overrated based on his record. He needed to be fired for sure. However, the main problem for the Bills is the blowhard con man of a head coach who demonstrates over and over that he is not worthy of being a head coach in the NFL!

The defense (aka the REX RYAN defense) was horrible and pathetic against the Jets. Ryan Fitzpatrick was made to look like a Hall of Fame QB. The defensive performance was a direct reflection on Rex Ryan and his idiot twin brother Rob. So what does the blowhard con man do to deflect attention away from the Ryan idiots? He fires the OC Roman!

Now Ryan has changed the focus from his massive incompetence to the fired coordinator. Very clever Rex, but not all Bills fans are complete idiots. Rex Ryan is the problem!!!!

Until Terry Pegula and his brown nose right hand man Russ Brandon wake up and fire this clown and his staff, the Bills are doomed to more bad to mediocre results. I said it the day Ryan was hired and I'll feel the same way the day he is fired. Ryan is a phony and a fraud and it took a sucker like Pegula to give him $25+ million dollars.

BTW, the Jets acquired Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick. They got Matt Forte for free. This is what a smart GM does. Conversely, the Bills used three 1st round picks to draft Sammy Watkins and EJ Manuel. Charles Clay is one of the highest paid tight ends in the NFL thanks to Doug Whaley. Why? He is a fringe player at best.

Doug Whaley doesn't have much to brag about as GM. He needs to get fired also.

@viccarucci

Told Pegulas weren't happy w #Bills offense last yr or this yr. Particularly bothered by poor communication & 3rd down failures.

Were they not happy with the defense last yr or this yr. Were they particularly bothered by poor communication & 3rd down failures?

The play they wasted a timeout on, with EJ trying to draw them off sides, was unforgiveable

Yup.

I believe this move is from Whaley. Rex is good with it maybe. But this smells like it came from up high.

As it should be. That sequence alone was a national disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Not excusing the CB play, but the defense held pretty well for being on the field for pretty much 15 straight minutes in the first quarter.

I imagine we are in the minority here. It was a bad day for the CBs. Rex played some different coverages and those two could not get it done