Report: Jeff Fisher to receive 3-year contract extension

YoloinOhio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie Smith gets fired from Chicago following a 10-6 season, without ever once in his 9 years there failing to reach 9-7 or better in 2 straight years. Fisher's last 6 seasons as a head coach have been .500 or worse (last 5 have been sub-.500). Looks like this is another which will mean 7 straight failures including all 5 of his seasons with the Rams. There are currently only 5 black head coaches. Fisher is a lifetime .455 head coach, Lovie is exactly .500.

this has less to do with color than personality. L-Smith has a "bland" personality, where Fisher is smoke and mirrors on his way to continual losing seasons. Sucks to be a Rams fan. Speaking of Lovie, where is he now? Potential Bills HC next season if the Bills bottom out this year?

this has less to do with color than personality. L-Smith has a "bland" personality, where Fisher is smoke and mirrors on his way to continual losing seasons. Sucks to be a Rams fan. Speaking of Lovie, where is he now? Potential Bills HC next season if the Bills bottom out this year?

He didn't get 8 years to turn the Bucs around like Fisher is getting with the Rams. ;)

More than just Lovie vs. Fisher I think it odd that only 5/32 coaches are black when most of the (former) players to choose from are black. They don't seem to get the same opportunity, to me. Not that I know a lot about the hiring process.

Lovie Smith gets fired from Chicago following a 10-6 season, without ever once in his 9 years there failing to reach 9-7 or better in 2 straight years. Fisher's last 6 seasons as a head coach have been .500 or worse (last 5 have been sub-.500). Looks like this is another which will mean 7 straight failures including all 5 of his seasons with the Rams. There are currently only 5 black head coaches. Fisher is a lifetime .455 head coach, Lovie is exactly .500.

No. He's .515 lifetime in the regular season. He's .455 lifetime in the Playoffs. His overall lifetime average is .5148.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FishJe0.htm

Lovie's .500 in the playoffs and .506 lifetime in the regular season.

He's .5055 lifetime overall.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SmitLo0.htm

He'd look good in Blue, White, and Red.

No. He's .515 lifetime in the regular season. He's .455 lifetime in the Playoffs. His overall lifetime average is .5148.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FishJe0.htm

Lovie's .500 in the playoffs and .506 lifetime in the regular season.

He's .5055 lifetime overall.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SmitLo0.htm

He'd look good in Blue, White, and Red.

Thanks, yeah I was looking at regular season.

Still, Lovie was fired coming off of 11-5, 8-8, 10-6 while Fisher has sucked for 6-7 years.

Not advocating Lovie to the Bills which you probably know but its an example. There aren't many examples to choose from, for some reason.

Edited by Aaron

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who actually thinks more teams should do this? Not in every kneel down situation, but if it's a one score game and you can force a turnover with enough time to have a realistic shot to get the tying or winning points, why wouldn't you try?

Am I the only one who actually thinks more teams should do this? Not in every kneel down situation, but if it's a one score game and you can force a turnover with enough time to have a realistic shot to get the tying or winning points, why wouldn't you try?

I guess? It seems the risk of injuring a guy is pretty high (all your hoping for is a shocking hit) and odds of turnover very low.

I guess? It seems the risk of injuring a guy is pretty high (all your hoping for is a shocking hit) and odds of turnover very low.

I guess the counter argument would be: tough, dont run out in your victory formation and run a regular play instead? I personally think its kind of a dirty play only bc the offense doesnt expect you to attack it so they are on their heels.

• 1 month later...