Wishing the Ryan brothers the best

major

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to do well as I want all our players/coaches to do well. I think I especially want the Ryans to do well because I know they are probably struggling with grief and I'm certain they want to make their old man proud in heaven. But yes, the hate around here does get old. I don't mind poking fun when we lose but I really do want to see our coaches and players succeed

I do too.

For the life of my I do not understand the hate on this board for people associated with OUR team.....we should WANT them to do well....its like they dated their sisters or something.

Haters gonna hate, and throw up excuse after "realist" excuse to rationalize it based on their "suffering". If it hurts that badly perhaps a different hobby is in order.

I do to

For the life of my I do not understand the hate on this board for people associated with OUR team.....we should WANT them to do well....its like they dated their sisters or something.

And I want cancer to improve peoples health rather than kill them.

But you know what? That's not how it works. No matter how much I want cancer to be a life saving treatment for all human disease, and a guarantee of generational wealth and prosperity, cancer is going to continue to kill people.

Cancer sucks, and so do the Ryan brothers.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I do to

i dont think there is a single person here that would rather they fail than succeed.

i do think there are a lot of people here that want success very badly and do not think that the Ryans have a real chance of achieving it.

agree or disagree with those people, you come off as a bit of a schmuck for thinking people want them to fail more than succeed.

Edited by NoSaint

I want them to do well as I want all our players/coaches to do well. I think I especially want the Ryans to do well because I know they are probably struggling with grief and I'm certain they want to make their old man proud in heaven. But yes, the hate around here does get old. I don't mind poking fun when we lose but I really do want to see our coaches and players succeed

What always puzzles me here (it probably shouldn't, given political coverage) is the absolutism. One is either a "fan boy" or a "hater". One evidently can not be a fan who sees problems that need fixing.

I think very few people actually hate the Ryans and everyone here WANTS them and the Bills to succeed (well, maybe 1 or 2 don't). Some of us just can't let go of our analytical minds so we see see gaps, sometimes big glaring gaps, between the properties of successful coaches and teams, and the behavior the Bills and the Ryans are displaying.

It's like any successful athlete, to succeed they need a high degree of confidence and belief in themselves, but also a very realistic and sometimes harsh self-assessment of gaps and faults. That doesn't make them a "self-hater"

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

And I want cancer to improve people health rather than kill them.

But you know what? That's not how it works. No matter how much I want cancer to be a life saving treatment for all human disease, and a guarantee of generational wealth and prosperity, cancer is going to continue to kill people.

haha...excellent

Something tells me that you (and certain others here and in the media) would still be Rex Haters even if Rex cured cancer.

Week 2!

Ryan Bros compared to cancer.

My personal view is Rex is a buffoon....but hell yes I want him to win -- I hope he gets a ticker tape parade and the key to the city after the season.

The only thing I really care about is can he coach...the D showed me something last week and the last two weeks of the 2015 season. Despite being without several first line players the last 3 games -- Rex has the D performing well and playing his style of controlled aggression in the pure 46. I hope it continues.

So if the improvement in the D is an indication the man can coach I would urge us to have patience.

What are 6-10 and 7-9 -- those would be Ron Rivera's records the first two years with the Panthers; Marvin Lewis had losing records 5 of his first 6 seasons with the Bengals -- these are two teams similar to the Bills in terms of franchise market and value -- patience with the head coach was rewarded.. there may be a lesson in there somewhere..

I do to

we all WANT this team to do well but get very frustrated when they don't....I understand this is a different regime running things but as a fan since the '60s....this really sucks right now....16 seasons with no playoffs....that is a ridiculous record

i dont think there is a single person here that would rather they fail than succeed.

i do think there are a lot of people here that want success very badly and do not think that the Ryans have a real chance of achieving it.

agree or disagree with those people, you come off as a bit of a schmuck for thinking people want them to fail more than succeed.

Your frankness is appreciated.

Not wanting to start another Rex thread, not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere:

Did anyone see the segment on the Bills last night on ESPN NFL Live? It was Trey Wingo, Jeff Saturday, Damian Woody and Jerome Bettis, discussing Rex Ryan. They showed a clip from the Ryan brothers documentary...it was Rex speaking to the team, in a lecture hall at SJF, the first day of training camp...he is doing the classic Rex, swearing every other word, speaking in a lot of platitudes and talking tough.

Only Bettis defended Rex, saying "that's who he is", for better or worse. The Bills owners hired him, to be that guy, and that is what he is giving them.

Jeff Saturday, former Colt, said, essentially, "if grown men need to be motivated like that, you are not going to win anything"

The most interesting take, however, came from Woody, who played for years for Rex. He prefaced it by saying "You all know, I am a Rex guy, I love Rex...but after a while, players start to realize, everything Rex says is about "me"...it is always centered around him, and how people perceive him. It may get guys fired up some, but at the end of the day, it doesn't teach them, or re-enforce fundamentals that it takes to win football games. And, Rex hasn't really won anything, for as big as his reputation is..."

I am pulling for Rex, because he is our guy, and I will pull for him as long as he is our guy...but I must say, I have never been a big fan.

My personal view is Rex is a buffoon....but hell yes I want him to win -- I hope he gets a ticker tape parade and the key to the city after the season.

The only thing I really care about is can he coach...the D showed me something last week and the last two weeks of the 2015 season. Despite being without several first line players the last 3 games -- Rex has the D performing well and playing his style of controlled aggression in the pure 46. I hope it continues.

So if the improvement in the D is an indication the man can coach I would urge us to have patience.

What are 6-10 and 7-9 -- those would be Ron Rivera's records the first two years with the Panthers; Marvin Lewis had losing records 5 of his first 6 seasons with the Bengals -- these are two teams similar to the Bills in terms of franchise market and value -- patience with the head coach was rewarded.. there may be a lesson in there somewhere..

Too lazy to look, but I'm betting neither the Panthers nor the Bengals were 9-7 the season prior to either coach's arrival.

The Bills felt like a team on the rise with a question at QB before Rex got here. Last season he turned a stellar defense into the island of misfit toys. Not so sure what the Bills are now.

I'm rooting for them as I do every season, but the Rex arrival tempered my enthusiasm, and the addition of his brother in bluster and bravado spelled the end of objectivity on the coaching staff.

You used the word buffoon, which was the exact descriptor I chose when he was hired. Hopefully buffoonery and coaching ability aren't completely mutually exclusive (Mike Ditka and John Madden give me hope).