Uncharted Territory

Gugny

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger, it'll be OK. Its knowing this now that will make it so.

Being in denial is going to make it worse. Unless you're 100% kool aid and believe we can still wait and see. Believe the BS Rex sells,believe that it just was not a good year... etc

And I'm fine with Whaley. I think he has been hamstrung some. I think Rex got too much impact on the draft this year with some serious personnel issues we can't avoid.

Rex must go.

Being in denial is going to make it worse. Unless you're 100% kool aid and believe we can still wait and see. Believe the BS Rex sells,believe that it just was not a good year... etc

And I'm fine with Whaley. I think he has been hamstrung some. I think Rex got too much impact on the draft this year with some serious personnel issues we can't avoid.

Rex must go.

IMO you have to give the coach a lot of weight (no pun intended) when it comes to drafting as it is his system you are drafting for. That said even the best screw up the draft and the coach makes the GM look like a genius by making lemonaid with those lemons he got. Lol

See I disagree. If a coach gets the right people he can do well with him. I was 100% against the Marv Levy hiring, he had done nothing as a coach and had even tried the 3 running backs in the backfield while in KC. I mean this is what we did in peewee football.

However he then took them to 4 Superbowls. Many people will say he was outcoached and that's why we lost, but that's another topic.

While we have Rex, hate him or like him, I will root for him to turn this around. It's quicker than a rebuild

No, it isn't! Men like Bruce Arians and Jim Harbaugh among others got their teams to a winning record in their first year.

This team had more than enough talent on it in 2015 to make the playoffs and the new HC hire with 6 years as an NFL HC made more mistakes than most rookie HC's make. This team still has enough talent to make the playoffs and yet won't because of stupid mistakes by the current coaches....again!

Like you though I was very skeptical of the Marv levy hire because the man ran the wing-T in his stint as KC's HC. Yet, Marv man knew who to hire as his offensive coordinator and hit the jackpot when he hired Ex-Colts HC Ted Marchibroda who was instrumental in teaching Jim Kelly to call his own plays, thought up using the no huddle / hurry up offense because Kelly was so good at running the 2 min drill. Plus, he was also great at the run game and had the Bills start using the old Redskins scheme "counter trey". The way he utilized Thurman Thomas in the passing game changed the way teams used the RB and he did the same thing in Indy with Marshall Faulk.

So, while Marv himself might not have been that great an OC or DC and was the special team coach on George Allens great Redskins teams. The man did hire some pretty good assistants and his last hire was going to be Tom Coughlin before he took the HCing job with Jacksonville.

This team doesn't need a rebuild. What it needs is somebody at the top of the org that actually knows NFL football and that isn't the owner or the marketing / business guy.

It really all comes down to the QB. We need to improve the OL. But Tyrod needs to execute better or they need to find a replacement. Tyrod looked decent last year, we need to see if he can improve on that. Week 1 was a disaster. If that trend continues, then its clear that we still need a QB. But I am not ready for a complete Blow up and rebuild. I think we have talent. I question the medical staff approving players who already have injuries (Shaq and Listenbee). I question the trade up for Sammy when comparable talent was available without trading up. But overall, I think they have acquired some solid talent over the last 3-4 years.

Like I said, its all about the QB. It's on Tyrod to perform and do it quickly or they need to move on.

Rex must go.

I agree with this point...especially when it comes to hiring and selecting "his" coach. I didn't like the Rex hire...but its who we have for this year at least.

I'm not as far gone as Gugny yet...but talk to me around the quarter season mark...I may agree after where we're at after 4-5 games.

No thanks to Whaley too. He is a continuation of the failed Nix regime. If Nix had a great performance here and passed the baton... then yes. But he stunk. The team still stinks. Whaley and Brandon seem to get free passes left and right and blame is conveniently outsourced to others. Why is anyone putting value on anybody involved with this football team?

At the very least, we need someone from the outside brought in with full authority/autonomy to re-create this thing. If this person liked Whaley, I would be fine with it. This whole internal nepotistic Bills family that has run this team into the wall the past 10-20 years needs to be broken up. Since Donahoe was sent packing they 'circled the wagons' internally and have fallen into complete irrelevancy.

Edited by May Day 10

IMO you have to give the coach a lot of weight (no pun intended) when it comes to drafting as it is his system you are drafting for. That said even the best screw up the draft and the coach makes the GM look like a genius by making lemonaid with those lemons he got. Lol

so all those jets drafts and people still want Rex involved?

I read it. Actually it must be tough being a Mets fan as well as a Bills fan so I'll cut you some slack.

Tyrod had one bad game after a solid first year. Rusty and you claim he's got to go. Same with Sammy, sorry that's just an over-reaction. Step away from the ledge.

If we win Thursday everything will be okay.

Coaching seems to be the difference maker in the NFL assuming you have a good GM and a sound organizational strategy in place regarding talent acquisition. The Bills are clearly getting out coached and their game plans and game management are dismal under Rex. On top of that, the players are undisciplined.

I used to think Whaley was pretty good and needed some experience. Now I think he loves to gamble too much with draft picks looking for that golden nugget. Sammy Watkins is an awesome WR. I love the guy but he is struggling to stay healthy and they dont use him right when he's playing. Drafting EJ was a reach in round 1 and has been a straight up mess. McCoy cost too much to get and keep, and there is no legit RT on the team. Henderson and Dareus are suspended for 4 games. Karlos Williams got bounced from the team. There's more as you know.

Hiring Rex has sucked the enthusiasm out of me as a Bills fan. 45 plus years.

I know some people will hate this but realistically I don't see Rex turning this around. He's like his dad. A good DC but not a good head coach.

The Pegulas, imo, need to closely monitor this season and identify qualified people to be the top football mind for the team should this really sh$t the bed. Whether it is GM or Czar, not sure, but need a guy who is experienced, qualified, and has a solid plan from day one. Whaley and Ryan is not working and I believe will never work. I know there will be bashers but I'm not quitting on the Bills. I don't know the NFL personnel as well as others but I'd start by looking at current assistant GMs.