Uncharted Territory

Gugny

No one is getting fired this week, they have time to play it out and prove the doubters wrong. If this season ends up being a nightmare then the glaring mistakes of the past two seasons will be hard to ignore. Why did they going on a spending spree in 15' and leave themselves up against the cap in the first year of a new head coach? They had to know they would have to retool somewhere right? Did they go All In without even knowing who their QB was? Why risk your 1st round pick on a player with a pre-existing injury when your letting Mario go and need some impact and depth. Whaley and company knew they didn't have any money to find a plus player in FA right? Why not disclose any details on Watkins Jones Fracture and why not address the WR position when this injury has such a high rate of reinjury? Your losing Hogan and Harvin but the only investment your willing to make is a 6th round Hail Mary in the draft and some retreads?

I don't know maybe I'm just to critical but those examples highlight a fundamentally unsound organization.

I cant think about nightmare season till it actually happens.....What spending spree did they actually go in except for resigning our own players?....some chances were taken on guys that had high talent but were then released...Mario was RELEASED which was an example of NOT keeping high salary players.....Why should they disclose details on Watkins injury and for that matter we dont even know that there is anything wrong here....Watkins is straight saying he is not hurt....might take some time for him to adjust to live game action with it because he did not play in preseason hardly at all......Hogan is jag.....he was not even being covered by the cards

People bag on the Shaq Lawson pick....we are goinna get a chance to see him and right now Lorax actually looks pretty good

There is NOTHING the bills could do about Ragland....that is bad luck

THere is NOTHING the bills could do about Karlos Williams other then not draft him in the first place

Marcel Darius is the big one......his loss hurts us plenty and he is a inconsiderate basturd....but once again....cant blame the front office or coaching staff

I mean....if we want we can just blame the front office and HC for everything that goes wrong regardless if it right or wrong to do so then be my guest.....these things can easily happen to anyone that replaces them.

It is too early to pull the plug on this

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant think about nightmare season till it actually happens.....What spending spree did they actually go in except for resigning our own players?....some chances were taken on guys that had high talent but were then released...Mario was RELEASED which was an example of NOT keeping high salary players.....Why should they disclose details on Watkins injury and for that matter we dont even know that there is anything wrong here....Watkins is straight saying he is not hurt....might take some time for him to adjust to live game action with it because he did not play in preseason hardly at all......Hogan is jag.....he was not even being covered by the cards

People bag on the Shaq Lawson pick....we are goinna get a chance to see him and right now Lorax actually looks pretty good

There is NOTHING the bills could do about Ragland....that is bad luck

THere is NOTHING the bills could do about Karlos Williams other then not draft him in the first place

Marcel Darius is the big one......his loss hurts us plenty and he is a inconsiderate basturd....but once again....cant blame the front office or coaching staff

I mean....if we want we can just blame the front office and HC for everything that goes wrong regardless if it right or wrong to do so then be my guest.....these things can easily happen to anyone that replaces them.

It is too early to pull the plug on this

15' - Clay, Shady, Harvin etc.

Sammy's injury has a high rate of reoccurring problems, that is not a surprise to anyone that has researched it. Sammy himself said he will get an X-ray after every game if need be, sounds like some serious discomfort. Do you think he is playing at 100%? Watch the clips from last week.

They spent up to the cap in 15' which you were confused with or just ignored but that obviously limited the their ability to sign FA's this year and address needs. If your restricted by the cap during FA I would hope you can address needs/depth in the draft. That didn't happen for a variety of reasons, none of which excuse the front office. I'm not going to go back and forth on this I know your side of things, hopefully they show up Thursday and all is forgotten.

It is way early, but this team does not appear to be a playoff caliber team, not with the injuries and weaknesses that were evident on Sunday. They could be better next year, assuming that Ragland and Lawson are healthy, Gilmore is re-signed and Taylor takes big steps this year and next year. The last one is key. If Taylor improves, there will be hope. If not, than this year will be tough to watch and a housecleaning could occur at some point before or after the end of the season.

You can't blame the FO? Really? The guy already had an off the field track record(drag racing in broad daylight on a main st and synthetic marijuana) when they handed him a 100 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT. Yeah...can't blame them for giving him that contract. He was quite the choir boy at the time. :doh:

Ok, so all of last year the offense actually performed pretty well. It wasn't always pretty, but we all felt we had a potential franchise QB. One game into the season, after a pitiful performance, we're ready to write him off? Believe me, I have my concerns as well after how bad he and the entire offense performed. But damn, can we wait at least a few games and see how the season pans out? Didn't we win the first game like the last three years? How did that work out for us?

I'd love nothing more than to have this team make the playoffs and shut up all the doubters/Rex haters. I'd be lying to say I didn't have concerns about this team and its coaches, but they've proven they can be good on both sides of the ball. They just need to find a way to make it all come together. If we start 0-4, then perhaps we start talking about some coaching changes.

Edited by OhDozeBills

Welcome to the party pal! I was ready for Rex to go at the end of last year (the KC game tore it for me). After seeing the injuries to Sammy and given the fact that we have three draft picks invested in him, I also want to see Whaley gone. Time to go Trammps Disco Inferno and burn that mother down y'all. I'm with Gugs on this one (I just threw up in my mouth....)

15' - Clay, Shady, Harvin etc.

Sammy's injury has a high rate of reoccurring problems, that is not a surprise to anyone that has researched it. Sammy himself said he will get an X-ray after every game if need be, sounds like some serious discomfort. Do you think he is playing at 100%? Watch the clips from last week.

They spent up to the cap in 15' which you were confused with or just ignored but that obviously limited the their ability to sign FA's this year and address needs. If your restricted by the cap during FA I would hope you can address needs/depth in the draft. That didn't happen for a variety of reasons, none of which excuse the front office. I'm not going to go back and forth on this I know your side of things, hopefully they show up Thursday and all is forgotten.

Clay was a top 100 NFL player when we signed him and we have had NO luck getting a quality TE prior to him......and your complaining?

Shady has been a top 5 back in this league....he runs Roman's running schemes to perfection....and your complaing?

Harvin is the mistake....too me that was a mistake....they are not all gonna be wins

We are REQUIRED to spend to a certain floor of the cap....Pegula was showing his willingness to invest in talent for the team.....I cannot fault him for that

Watkins is a wait and see....remember that he did not play hardly at all in the pre season...lots of rust there. He is adjust to playing with a screw in his foot...that does not mean its not going to hold up....your planning for the worst here where its not warranted.

You can't blame the FO? Really? The guy already had an off the field track record(drag racing in broad daylight on a main st and synthetic marijuana) when they handed him a 100 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT. Yeah...can't blame them for giving him that contract. He was quite the choir boy at the time. :doh:

If we didnt pay him someone else was going to....we drafted him....we invested the time in him.....why would we blame the front office for not letting him walk?

By the way....Marcel scares the hell out of me.....but I do NOT blame the front office for not staying with the player they invested....I blame the player. If the bills are smart a high pick will be invested in that spot in next years draft.

In my opinion most of you are overreacting to the opener after a long off-season of anticipation, and maybe an expensive road trip to the Charm City where we laid an egg. Suggest everyone who laid out cash last week not take it too personally. Its one game.

I'll reassess after 3-4 games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not optimistic, but I'm not ready to pass judgement YET.

I'm not pessimistic. Or overreacting. Been feeling this since last year

Welcome to the party pal! I was ready for Rex to go at the end of last year (the KC game tore it for me). After seeing the injuries to Sammy and given the fact that we have three draft picks invested in him, I also want to see Whaley gone. Time to go Trammps Disco Inferno and burn that mother down y'all. I'm with Gugs on this one (I just threw up in my mouth....)

This made me laugh out loud.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a lot of angst comes from witnessing the patriots sunday night and coming to the realization that they are just a well oiled football program, and they will be just fine after brady is gone. That is who the bills need to strive for. Rex is the opposite of belichick in almost every way. I dont see whaley, brandon, or pegula getting us there. The bills will likely never get to belichick level... but why cant they get to the ravens, broncos, cardinals, seahawks level? Those are all teams who have bottomed out lower than buffalo in somewhat recent history. At least then its a fair fight.

How can the bills ever see a home playoff game if they struggle getting the plays in on time?

Yes, this is pretty much it. Watching the Bills and hearing all the "reasons" excusing failure (IR'd players, suspended players, injuries limited preseason, maybe 'Cog and Watkins still injured, etc etc) and seeing all the same 'ol same 'ol of undisciplined play, penalties that were acknowledged as needing to be fixed last season, hearing about plays late coming in, seeing ineffective use of our best players on offense for whatever reason and their ineffective play as blockers.

Then watching the Patriots and seeing them just keep on trucking, injuries suspensions and all. Taking care of business. Then seeing teams who were worse recently and are now turned around.

Yes, this is pretty much it. Watching the Bills and hearing all the "reasons" excusing failure (IR'd players, suspended players, injuries limited preseason, maybe 'Cog and Watkins still injured, etc etc) and seeing all the same 'ol same 'ol of undisciplined play, penalties that were acknowledged as needing to be fixed last season, hearing about plays late coming in, seeing ineffective use of our best players on offense for whatever reason and their ineffective play as blockers.

Then watching the Patriots and seeing them just keep on trucking, injuries suspensions and all. Taking care of business. Then seeing teams who were worse recently and are now turned around.

Someone said in this thread or a similar one.... something like: The gap between most NFL players isn't that large. It all boils down to preparation, coaching, and risk management/aversion. That is the Patriots' biggest 'secret' and why they always think it is a good idea to make 20 trades at the draft for quantity.

The Bills still trade up, have foolishly spent up to the cap, constantly shoot themselves in the foot with Personal Fouls and silliness, shoot themselves in the foot with "communication issues", getting offensive plays in late, and depending on Rex Ryan throwing the challenge flag based on what angles the scoreboard shows and the player lobbying in his ear. Not to mention the constant and endless pattern of leaks and distractions coming from OBD on every subject.

I have never ... as in not one time in my life ... rooted for the Bills to lose a game.

I don't think I'll ever get to that point. I don't think I could do it and feel good about myself.

However - it's clear that the only way to get rid of Rex Ryan is to have a losing season; might even need a downright horrible season, like 3-13.

I've reached the point where I want everyone who makes personnel decisions gone. I want the entire coaching staff gone. I want Whaley gone (and I've been a HUGE Whaley fan since the day he came here). All of 'em. Gone.

I want Tyrod gone. He sucks. Period. He's horrible. I'd rather have another starter and keep EJ at backup forever, than keep Taylor on the roster in any capacity.

Sammy Watkins? Get the !@#$ out. Nothing but a whine ass with built in excuses. Talk about a wasted talent. He could be truly elite. Instead, he's Mr. Potential. No thanks.

If we're going to be in this seemingly perpetual state of rebuilding, then rip the !@#$ing thing down to the ground and start from scratch.

Back to my original point. I will continue to watch every game. I'll still wear a jersey and a hat to show "my colors." I will absolutely not root for them to lose.

But you won't see me upset about any losses this year.

You sound just like me in every respect! Don't like Rex or Rob Ryan; HATE the fact that they gave Tyrod Taylor that contract (hopefully they will have enough sense to cut him at the end of the season). Otherwise, we are stuck with years of mediocrity "At best" as he is not good and will get hurt. I also will continue to wear the jersey and not root for them to lose, but am totally OK if they do at this point. Also hate the fact that we have several players who are also suspended. I want to like and respect the players we have, not look down on them. Sad. Very sad where this franchise is, but at least it is guaranteed to be here with the Pegulas now in charge.......

I gotta say, I have never had the feeling of hopelessness with the Bills that I currently have.

Pegula took over and we hired Rex and I was elated. Finally a committed owner who is willing to pay for a proven coach. But a year and a game into it and I feel like this organization and coach are as clueless as any of the trail of losers that have come around in the previous 15 years.

Terry wants to tell us it is year two and because I love him, I try to ignore that even though it is one of the most insulting things you can say to a die hard fan base who has had to suffer through this absolute garbage for the entirety of this century.

Answer me this, if this is year two, why are we taking the same approach we have taken the last 16 years? How many 300 yard passing games did we have in year one? I mean Rex gets on the radio the day after one of the worst offensive performances in Bills history and talks about opening up the pass with the run. No Rex, just no.

For me that was it. Rex Ryan doesn't know what it takes to win in the NFL in 2016. If anything nowadays you set up the run with the pass. All the rules are skewed to favor the offense. Yes Tyrod was terrible but there is something wrong with our entire offensive philosophy. WTF is the point of using two firsts and a 4th on Sammy, a second on Woods, and giving Clay a huge contract if you are not going to throw the !@#$ing ball. We were losing almost the entirety of the game Sunday and we ran the ball more than we threw despite the fact that running the ball wasn't working. Honestly I feel kind of bad for Whaley because he probably understands this but got saddled with a coach that has a prehistoric view of the game.

I was so freaking excited last Friday when a friend of mine came through with free tickets for Thursday's game that happen to be really nice seats as well. Now I am having trouble getting up for it. I feel like we are ripe for a pounding from the Jets. They looked good week 1 against a good team and we looked like **** offensively. I don't see how we get this corrected in 3 days against a much better defense, especially missing Cordy Glenn. Plus we kept them out of the playoffs last year and this is a statement game for them.

Even if we do win, I don't see this team sniffing the playoffs. I think we top out at 7-9. Just enough to keep Rex here for one more year of continuity of suckage.

This is a passing league, and the head coach doesn't understand that. If we lose on Thursday and the offense doesn't show up again, Rex is going to need to do a 180 and Jim Bob Cooter the offense during those 11 days off or he will lose me for good.

I want to buy in, I want to believe that this really is year two and things are going to be different, but so far, the current organization from top to bottom is doing their best to make it feel like it is year 17 and like they are clueless to the current state of the NFL.

How did that work out 4 ya? did you go to the game? What was the fan reaction and scapegoat when it was over?