Uncharted Territory

Gugny

I read it. Actually it must be tough being a Mets fan as well as a Bills fan so I'll cut you some slack.

Tyrod had one bad game after a solid first year. Rusty and you claim he's got to go. Same with Sammy, sorry that's just an over-reaction. Step away from the ledge.

If we win Thursday everything will be okay.

If we win on Thursday, the Jets suck.

I'm sorry but Tyrod's solid first year was a) his 5th year and b) not that solid. Gorgeous stats. Too bad most of them came when they didn't make a difference.

Sammy.... he's an injury prone diva. Again, i say, he could be one of the very best in the league. But he won't, because if something on his body isn't hurt, his ego is.

It's taken 16 years for me to get to this point. I'm here. This team sucks but I know someday they'll be better and I'll root for them until that day comes and I'll root for them every day after.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win on Thursday, the Jets suck.

I'm sorry but Tyrod's solid first year was a) his 5th year and b) not that solid. Gorgeous stats. Too bad most of them came when they didn't make a difference.

Sammy.... he's an injury prone diva. Again, i say, he could be one of the very best in the league. But he won't, because if something on his body isn't hurt, his ego is.

It's taken 16 years for me to get to this point. I'm here. This team sucks but I know someday they'll be better and I'll root for them until that day comes and I'll root for them every day after.

Stop dude. You're really reaching. We all are upset. Go check Indy's or NYJ's or SD's or LA's or Wash's or Miami's fan forums. You aren't alone. A little drastic, but not alone!

No, it isn't! Men like Bruce Arians and Jim Harbaugh among others got their teams to a winning record in their first year.

Pete carroll was 7-9 for 3 years before he did anything. And had been fired in NE. Team's can get better as a coach builds them.

Arians took a team that had John Skelton starting and replaced him with Carson Palmer (I think he's a good coach... but that was a 4 game improvement with a massive upgrade at QB).

And Harbaugh... well he had this awesome offensive coordinator named Greg Roman.

Coaching seems to be the difference maker in the NFL assuming you have a good GM and a sound organizational strategy in place regarding talent acquisition. The Bills are clearly getting out coached and their game plans and game management are dismal under Rex. On top of that, the players are undisciplined.

I used to think Whaley was pretty good and needed some experience. Now I think he loves to gamble too much with draft picks looking for that golden nugget. Sammy Watkins is an awesome WR. I love the guy but he is struggling to stay healthy and they dont use him right when he's playing. Drafting EJ was a reach in round 1 and has been a straight up mess. McCoy cost too much to get and keep, and there is no legit RT on the team. Henderson and Dareus are suspended for 4 games. Karlos Williams got bounced from the team. There's more as you know.

Hiring Rex has sucked the enthusiasm out of me as a Bills fan. 45 plus years.

I know some people will hate this but realistically I don't see Rex turning this around. He's like his dad. A good DC but not a good head coach.

The Pegulas, imo, need to closely monitor this season and identify qualified people to be the top football mind for the team should this really sh$t the bed. Whether it is GM or Czar, not sure, but need a guy who is experienced, qualified, and has a solid plan from day one. Whaley and Ryan is not working and I believe will never work. I know there will be bashers but I'm not quitting on the Bills. I don't know the NFL personnel as well as others but I'd start by looking at current assistant GMs.

I think Rex is tying his coaching career to this defense. If they can be really good - we can compete.

Our offense will obviously need to be better than they were sunday, but i think Rex expects the defense to be better. He doesn't want to give up any big plays - he doesn't want to give up all those 3rd down conversions. I don't think that they are this good, but his goal is to make them the best that they can be. We'll have to win close games - but if you don't give up a lot of points you don't have to score a lot of points. My 2 cents on his philosophy.

I'd fire Rex now and bring in Brian Billick for the season. Then, secretly offer Bill Polian 3M for two years to phone in his expertise and help rebuild the team and find coaches and a new GM....

Fire Rex for the guy who rode his defense to the playoffs...

And give a 70 something year old dude who's been out of football for years the keys to the car...

INSANITY!!!

Edited by dneveu

after week 1 on the road in baltimore ?...ha nope

Darby hangs on were singing a different tune

Agreed.

Move away from the ledge....I remember when we beat the Panthers Week 2 (Sept. 15, 2013). The fans here in Charlotte were determined to run Cam out of town - he had "no accuracy" or "pocket presence". The entire week following the loss, fans here were saying that he was garbage and the team was terrible. They wanted to blow it up and start over....they started 1-3 and finished 12-4 that year. Keep in mind, this was the same year that we (Bills fans) determined that Kiko Alonso was equivalent to Chuck Norris.

2013 was Cam's 3rd season.

This is Tyrod's 2nd season as a starter. Give the guy a break, the offense was collectively bad on Sunday.

Road game. Glenn got injured in the first half. Reggie Bush ran backwards all day. McCoy missed a key block on 3rd down. A mIssed FG.

And we were still one play away from sneaking a win....because the defense played really well (without Dareus). That alone is reason to be optimistic - our defense could be really nasty.

Only 1/16th = 6.25% of the season has been played, so let's just agree with Todd Snider that "It's Too Soon To Tell" and go on a "Beer Run", so we can get ready for Thursday Night!!!

:lol:

IMHO no need to root for them to be bad as Rex will fuxor things up all by his lonesome. He already got the season off to a bad start by not playing his starting QB more in preseason. Next, he will start pressing his QB and offensive players to do better like he did in NY with Sanchez and Geno and the QB will fall on his face. The stars like Watkins and Clay will get injured and be on IR from playing too much when they should have been benched so they could get healthy.

In all reality, about the only NFL team it looks like the Buffalo Bills will beat in the first eight games are the Rams and by that time the owner might just be thinking of making a change.

Then you need to consider that just changing the HC won't change the culture of this franchise until the owner takes himself and Russ Brandon out of the football side of the Org. This team needs to hire a team president of football operations and allow him to hire the next HC and run the football side of the team.

Sammy isnt a star- he has the potential to be one but isnt and probably never will be.

I'm as anti-Rex as it gets, he fits in my BasketOfSportsDeplorables, and I think the team will be average at best this year (and any year in which asshat Rex is the coach), but I do think they beat the Jets on Thursday, which will turn attitudes around for a while (i.e., until the next loss).

The offense was horrible. That's on Roman, Taylor, and the rest of that side of the ball. The defense was solid outside of the one lapse that was the Mike Wallace TD. I'm not in a "fire everyone" mood just yet and I still believe in Whaley. This defense with Dareus, Shaq, and Ragland could have been sick. When we get Dareus and Shaq it could still be nasty. The question is will our season already be over by then? Tyrod needs to throw for more than 111 yards and get out of the Kelly Holcomb playbook.

while many bills fans perpetually hold up these kinds of scenarios as moral victories the reality is:

(1) if almost ints count, Tyrod threw at least two as well so do those count?

(2) Ravens played with a lead the entire game. They didnt need to open up. It was standard Raven football.

(3) if there were a pick 6, They would have played the game completely differently from that point, and their passing and running game wasn't dominated the way some want to believe it was.

The truth about all these moments, all these years, these one or two plays held as pivotal inflection points that could've gone either way, the truth is that way more often than not, the bills are on the wrong side of them. It's no coincidence, no fluke.

Winners win, losers talk about almost winning.

Fire Rex for the guy who rode his defense to the playoffs...

And give a 70 something year old dude who's been out of football for years the keys to the car...

INSANITY!!!

I hate to let facts ruin a good narrative, but please look at the Ravens defense and how it performed before and after wrecks and then try to explain to me who rode what... Thanks.

Im with you Gungy

1. This team has no synergy from the top of the organization to the GM to the coaches. The hiring of Rex is the perfect example and it reflects on the new ownership, just like under Wilson. You had a top 5 defense that didnt need changing and we hire a guy who's going to change it and we fall down the defensive standings. The smart move would of been to hire an offensive guy to groom Tyrod and improve EJ and who retains Shwartz. Same thing prior with getting CJ when he had Marshawn and FJ, then we trade Marshawn for a bunch of crap and Lynch will most likely be in the HOF someday---thats Bills brilliant.

2. Whaley to me is in over his head. The trade up for Sammy in one of the deepest WR drafts in years was beyond stupid. He was right there with Buddy and drafted EJ, a guy who should of never had been selected in round 1. Whaley rarely lets the draft come to him. Doesnt seem like he has a plan B or C just is locked in on certain guys and gets reckless with trading away picks. I say this a lot, but Im down here in PA with rabid Steeler fans when do they trade away next years no.1 or make moves like this.

3. I'll stay on Whaley. Anybody care to look at our WR depth next year---not pretty. He way overpaid for Clay who is decent but not elite but make's top tier TE money.

4. I know we have the 10 million buyout for Taylor if he doesnt show more this year but still, if Im Pegula did we really need to drop that contract on him? If he performed decent this year would there really be that many teams clamoring for him? And I dont like giving away 10 mill on next years cap if we let him walk. To me we have seen so much horrible Qb play over the years that we over reacted with that contract, especially for guy who yes throws a nice deep ball but is not even good at seeing the whole field and spreading the ball around,

5. We have a mobile Taylor but Roman cant run a zone read option for him to run like Wilson. We have to hold our breath that he will get hurt if he took off around the end. Somehow Taylor cant take off and get down like Russell Wilson

6. Sammy Watkins.....he's good but he seems like a thoroughbred, gets nicked easily. He couldnt handle the targets of truly elite WR like Julio or Antonio and stay healthy. Doesnt have the physicality of people like Dez or OBJ, never really see catches in traffic and I have never really seen the bubble screen taken to the house that he could do in college.

7. Seems like there no margin for error with Rex and Roman, were not going to be high flying offense, were not elite on the D side of the ball Then throw in Rex's clock management, undisciplined teams and Romans sloth speed getting the plays in and you get plenty of self inflicted errors.

8. Its just so friggin frustrating to give Marcel that contract then he does the dumb crap, Karlos eating his way off the team, giving Cordy the big contract, now he looks like he will be less than 100% all year, the surgery with Lawson(that many people predicted during the draft), the ACL to Ragland and on it goes. I know how this season ends and it aint going to be great. Pegula needs to be ready to axe Rex and his staff and move on from Whaley. They arent getting it done and they never will. I agree with Billsvet and Brandon should never be involved in any football decision, stick to marketing. I hear the continuity arguments, I get it, but I dont see any of the coaches we let go have great success as a HC of another team. Rex just isnt HC material.

It would be tough to take another turnover in coaching staff and front office but it needs to be done. We're Bills fans,.....the grunts on the NFL, we can take anything, but boy it gets tougher and tougher and Im getting older.

very myopic - should not have come down to 1 play. That pick 6 would have only given false hope by masking the otherwise atrocious O & coaching performance