Uncharted Territory

Gugny

I have never ... as in not one time in my life ... rooted for the Bills to lose a game.

I don't think I'll ever get to that point. I don't think I could do it and feel good about myself.

However - it's clear that the only way to get rid of Rex Ryan is to have a losing season; might even need a downright horrible season, like 3-13.

I've reached the point where I want everyone who makes personnel decisions gone. I want the entire coaching staff gone. I want Whaley gone (and I've been a HUGE Whaley fan since the day he came here). All of 'em. Gone.

I want Tyrod gone. He sucks. Period. He's horrible. I'd rather have another starter and keep EJ at backup forever, than keep Taylor on the roster in any capacity.

Sammy Watkins? Get the !@#$ out. Nothing but a whine ass with built in excuses. Talk about a wasted talent. He could be truly elite. Instead, he's Mr. Potential. No thanks.

If we're going to be in this seemingly perpetual state of rebuilding, then rip the !@#$ing thing down to the ground and start from scratch.

Back to my original point. I will continue to watch every game. I'll still wear a jersey and a hat to show "my colors." I will absolutely not root for them to lose.

But you won't see me upset about any losses this year.

Edited by Gugny

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never ... as in not one time in my life ... rooted for the Bills to lose a game.

I don't think I'll ever get to that point. I don't think I could do it and feel good about myself.

However - it's clear that the only way to get rid of Rex Ryan is to have a losing season; might even need a downright horrible season, like 3-13.

I've reached the point where I want everyone who makes personnel decisions gone. I want the entire coaching staff gone. I want Whaley gone (and I've been a HUGE Whaley fan since the day he came here). All of 'em. Gone.

I want Tyrod gone. He sucks. Period. He's horrible. I'd rather have another starter and keep EJ at backup forever, than keep Taylor on the roster in any capacity.

Sammy Watkins? Get the !@#$ out. Nothing but a whine ass with built in excuses. Talk about a wasted talent. He could be truly elite. Instead, he's Mr. Potential. No thanks.

If we're going to be in this seemingly perpetual state of rebuilding, then rip the !@#$ing thing down to the ground and start from scratch.

Back to my original point. I will continue to watch every game. I'll still wear a jersey and a hat to show "my colors." I will absolutely not root for them to lose.

But you won't see me upset about any losses this year.

Haven't got there yet. 0-4 may get me there.

I think a lot of angst comes from witnessing the patriots sunday night and coming to the realization that they are just a well oiled football program, and they will be just fine after brady is gone. That is who the bills need to strive for. Rex is the opposite of belichick in almost every way. I dont see whaley, brandon, or pegula getting us there. The bills will likely never get to belichick level... but why cant they get to the ravens, broncos, cardinals, seahawks level? Those are all teams who have bottomed out lower than buffalo in somewhat recent history. At least then its a fair fight.

How can the bills ever see a home playoff game if they struggle getting the plays in on time?

Is that a map of the world from the last time the Bills made the playoffs?

No, it shows our current destination. Somewhere around British Columbia/Alaska.

:lol:

Let's jump off that bridge when we get to it.

Fair enough, but not too early to be thinking about this.

We don't even need to think about who the savior should be. We need to think about who the guy who picks the savior should be.

I.E., who will be the Bills' version of Pat LaFontaine be when Pegula decides he has seen enough or has been embarrassed sufficiently to make sweeping changes.

That day is coming. The question is when.

See I disagree. If a coach gets the right people he can do well with him. I was 100% against the Marv Levy hiring, he had done nothing as a coach and had even tried the 3 running backs in the backfield while in KC. I mean this is what we did in peewee football.

However he then took them to 4 Superbowls. Many people will say he was outcoached and that's why we lost, but that's another topic.

While we have Rex, hate him or like him, I will root for him to turn this around. It's quicker than a rebuild

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I gotta say, I have never had the feeling of hopelessness with the Bills that I currently have.

Pegula took over and we hired Rex and I was elated. Finally a committed owner who is willing to pay for a proven coach. But a year and a game into it and I feel like this organization and coach are as clueless as any of the trail of losers that have come around in the previous 15 years.

Terry wants to tell us it is year two and because I love him, I try to ignore that even though it is one of the most insulting things you can say to a die hard fan base who has had to suffer through this absolute garbage for the entirety of this century.

Answer me this, if this is year two, why are we taking the same approach we have taken the last 16 years? How many 300 yard passing games did we have in year one? I mean Rex gets on the radio the day after one of the worst offensive performances in Bills history and talks about opening up the pass with the run. No Rex, just no.

For me that was it. Rex Ryan doesn't know what it takes to win in the NFL in 2016. If anything nowadays you set up the run with the pass. All the rules are skewed to favor the offense. Yes Tyrod was terrible but there is something wrong with our entire offensive philosophy. WTF is the point of using two firsts and a 4th on Sammy, a second on Woods, and giving Clay a huge contract if you are not going to throw the !@#$ing ball. We were losing almost the entirety of the game Sunday and we ran the ball more than we threw despite the fact that running the ball wasn't working. Honestly I feel kind of bad for Whaley because he probably understands this but got saddled with a coach that has a prehistoric view of the game.

I was so freaking excited last Friday when a friend of mine came through with free tickets for Thursday's game that happen to be really nice seats as well. Now I am having trouble getting up for it. I feel like we are ripe for a pounding from the Jets. They looked good week 1 against a good team and we looked like **** offensively. I don't see how we get this corrected in 3 days against a much better defense, especially missing Cordy Glenn. Plus we kept them out of the playoffs last year and this is a statement game for them.

Even if we do win, I don't see this team sniffing the playoffs. I think we top out at 7-9. Just enough to keep Rex here for one more year of continuity of suckage.

This is a passing league, and the head coach doesn't understand that. If we lose on Thursday and the offense doesn't show up again, Rex is going to need to do a 180 and Jim Bob Cooter the offense during those 11 days off or he will lose me for good.

I want to buy in, I want to believe that this really is year two and things are going to be different, but so far, the current organization from top to bottom is doing their best to make it feel like it is year 17 and like they are clueless to the current state of the NFL.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I gotta say, I have never had the feeling of hopelessness with the Bills that I currently have.

Pegula took over and we hired Rex and I was elated. Finally a committed owner who is willing to pay for a proven coach. But a year and a game into it and I feel like this organization and coach are as clueless as any of the trail of losers that have come around in the previous 15 years.

Terry wants to tell us it is year two and because I love him, I try to ignore that even though it is one of the most insulting things you can say to a die hard fan base who has had to suffer through this absolute garbage for the entirety of this century.

Answer me this, if this is year two, why are we taking the same approach we have taken the last 16 years? How many 300 yard passing games did we have in year one? I mean Rex gets on the radio the day after one of the worst offensive performances in Bills history and talks about opening up the pass with the run. No Rex, just no.

For me that was it. Rex Ryan doesn't know what it takes to win in the NFL in 2016. If anything you nowadays you set up the run with the pass. All the rules are skewed to favor the offense. Yes Tyrod was terrible but there is something wrong with our entire offensive philosophy. WTF is the point of using two firsts and a 4th on Sammy, a second on Woods, and giving Clay a huge contract if you are not going to throw the !@#$ing ball. We were losing almost the entirety of the game Sunday and we ran the ball more than we threw despite the fact that running the ball wasn't working. Honestly I feel kind of bad for Whaley because he probably understands this but got saddled with a coach that has a prehistoric view of the game.

I was so freaking excited last Friday when a friend of mine came through with free tickets for Thursday's game that happen to be really nice seats as well. Now I am having trouble getting up for it. I feel like we are ripe for a pounding from the Jets. They looked good week 1 against a good team and we looked like **** offensively. I don't see how we get this corrected in 3 days against a much better defense, especially missing Cordy Glenn. Plus we kept them out of the playoffs last year and this is a statement game for them.

Even if we do win, I don't see this team sniffing the playoffs. I think we top out at 7-9. Just enough to keep Rex here for one more year of continuity of suckage.

This is a passing league, and the head coach doesn't understand that. If we lose on Thursday and the offense doesn't show up again, Rex is going to need to do a 180 and Jim Bob Cooter the offense during those 11 days off or he will lose me for good.

I want to buy in, I want to believe that this really is year two and things are going to be different, but so far, the current organization from top to bottom is doing their best to make it feel like year 17 and like they are clueless to the current state of the NFL.

Same.

Tell us how you really feel

:lol:

IMHO no need to root for them to be bad as Rex will fuxor things up all by his lonesome. He already got the season off to a bad start by not playing his starting QB more in preseason. Next, he will start pressing his QB and offensive players to do better like he did in NY with Sanchez and Geno and the QB will fall on his face. The stars like Watkins and Clay will get injured and be on IR from playing too much when they should have been benched so they could get healthy.

In all reality, about the only NFL team it looks like the Buffalo Bills will beat in the first eight games are the Rams and by that time the owner might just be thinking of making a change.

Then you need to consider that just changing the HC won't change the culture of this franchise until the owner takes himself and Russ Brandon out of the football side of the Org. This team needs to hire a team president of football operations and allow him to hire the next HC and run the football side of the team.