Watkins: injured or just trying to leave the Bills?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just putting this out there... If you feel like you are spinning your wheels with your current team and your contract year is coming up, is a "lingering injury" a way you force a change without looking like you are forcing a change?

Yes, this is tin foil hat conspiracy stuff.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just putting this out there... If you feel like you are spinning your wheels with your current team and your contract year is coming up, is a "lingering injury" a way you force a change without looking like you are forcing a change?

I don't follow the logic here at all. If you're trying to leave a team, why would you "fake" a lingering injury? Contending teams aren't exactly going to line up to trade for an underutilized (or underperforming) WR with a lingering foot injury.

He's on the part of the track where pain/discomfort is normal as part of his recovery; but there is no longer any injury, so he can play.

The question is whether or not the pain ever goes away. I broke two knuckles in my hand about 5-6 years ago. Had them set right but they have never been the same. If they get too cold, they hurt; if I type too much they hurt. Everything about them is structurally fine but it seems like the pain will never fully go away.

I don't follow the logic here at all. If you're trying to leave a team, why would you "fake" a lingering injury? Contending teams aren't exactly going to line up to trade for an underutilized (or underperforming) WR with a lingering foot injury.

(putting my foil hat on again)

Sammy tells his agent he wants out. Agent quietly shops him around. Sammy stokes the feeling he is damaged goods by saying his foot hurts. Whaley starts thinking he has to get something for Watkins so he entertains trade offers.

Like I said, it's conspiracy theory stuff. But it reminds me some of Jairus Byrd's plantar fasciitus issues.

i just do not understand the thought process you bring to situations sometimes.

HBF I agree with you on that

Yet............Jairus Byrd

He's not trying to leave the Bills by dragging out injuries. Because his second team and contract would reflect his injury issues.

That said i could see him wanting out after his rookie contract. Unless the team starts winning more than 8-9 games per year.

There's a few teams with established QB's that would make him a star. IMO those teams are in the NFC. Like the sea chickens, packers, maybe the vikes, & Panthers.

The question is whether or not the pain ever goes away. I broke two knuckles in my hand about 5-6 years ago. Had them set right but they have never been the same. If they get too cold, they hurt; if I type too much they hurt. Everything about them is structurally fine but it seems like the pain will never fully go away.

I wrecked my ankle playing football in college. Roughly 18 years later I still have pain, and lack a full range of motion.

Anyone in Watkins position would want off of the Bills and to a team that could get him the ball once in a while. But not by faking something like a lingering foot injury. If anything, it is more likely is that it really is bothering him and he doesn't see the logic in playing through the pain and possibly reinjuring it for a dumpster fire offense. Just my opinion.

HBF I agree with you on that

Yet............Jairus Byrd

Different situation.

1) Plantar fasciitis is notorious for having no signs on xray or MRI, no diagnostic but self-reported pain. Watkins is recovering from Jones fracture surgery, which is normally an 8-12 week recovery but well-known to extend or re-injure in a percentage of cases.

2) Byrd had established himself as a franchise player, one of the top players in the game. This means he had established value. Watkins, while he has shown flashes and has been hampered by his QB situation, has yet to establish himself as a dominant player in the league.

Different situation.

1) Plantar fasciitis is notorious for having no signs on xray or MRI, no diagnostic but self-reported pain. Watkins is recovering from Jones fracture surgery, which is normally an 8-12 week recovery but well-known to extend or re-injure in a percentage of cases.

2) Byrd had established himself as a franchise player, one of the top players in the game. This means he had established value. Watkins, while he has shown flashes and has been hampered by his QB situation, has yet to establish himself as a dominant player in the league.

Watkins still gets the benefit of the doubt because he plays on our offense. Even Andre Reed, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and everyone else would look like garbage with our team...

Edit: I had Plantar Fasciitis - in one foot. It friggen hurts and lingers; I feel for Byrd if it was in both

Edited by Reed83HOF

I don't think Sammy has wanted to be here since the beginning. Or at least since his first season was over. Part of the reason why I believe he doesn't play through injuries. Why chance the possibility of re-injuring himself or making things worse.

So you are going to start hating Sammy now? Is he the new Mario?

I don't think Sammy has wanted to be here since the beginning. Or at least since his first season was over. Part of the reason why I believe he doesn't play through injuries. Why chance the possibility of re-injuring himself or making things worse.

Based on what?

but I bet you still walk on it every day. Work everyday. Earn your paycheck everyday