Watkins: injured or just trying to leave the Bills?

YoloinOhio

Really, what first-round talent would want to be on this team?

The Bills are basically just a farm team for the rest of the league.

I just did a little research and found out that Sammy Watkins, Jairus Byrd, Shaq Lawson and Mario are all friends on Facebook.

Hmmmmmmmmm

And if Sammy is a Bills fan from way back he knows all too well how things went for Lee Evans.

Dude I liked Lee Evans but his talent level simply does not approach the level of talent Sammy has.

Why you choose to rag on Sammy while subjecting yourself to this blowhard of a coach and calling everyone who can his his ineptitude names is baffling.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex- Sammy has a sore foot. Told trainers after game. We'll see how he progresses this week. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We're not thinking of shutting down Sammy Watkins right now.

@buffalobills

On Watkins: "He's sore. Hopefully he'll progress through the week and be ready. Not shutting him down right now."

CsLKw_LXgAA4qlc.jpg

@JaySkurski

Rex says the possibility of shutting down Sammy Watkins for the season "seems" way overboard. #Bills

@RapSheet

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins, feeling pain in his foot, had X-Rays sent to Dr. Anderson for review, as @MMehtaNYDN said. It’s structurally sound

Mind you, I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm not sure there is any additional news beyond this. But from the sound of things, the foot is fine to play, it's just a matter of tolerating pain. If that is indeed the case and we don't hear anything from any medical professional or team official that indicates that his foot is in jeopardy of more structural damage, then he better be out there this Thursday of he'll rightfully be crucified from the Bills fan base.

Dude I liked Lee Evans but his talent level simply does not approach the level of talent Sammy has.

Why you choose to rag on Sammy while subjecting yourself to this blowhard of a coach and calling everyone who can his his ineptitude names is baffling.

I'm not ragging on Watkins. I'm floating conspiracy theories to make everyone feel worse than they already do. But I do feel like good players get frustrated by this snakebit franchise. And maybe the reason you think Lee Evans lacked talent is because he was unlucky enough to be a Bill? A career wasted with B-grade QB's and coaches.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm not ragging on Watkins. I'm floating conspiracy theories to make everyone feel worse than they already do. But I do feel like good players get frustrated by this snakebit franchise. And maybe the reason you think Lee Evans lacked talent is because he was unlucky enough to be a Bill? A career wasted with B-grade QB's and coaches.

I don't think Lee Evans lacked talent. I think he lacked Sammy Watkins level talent, which 95+% of all current and past receivers also lack.

B grade? Bs will get you into College, this team is stuck in Middle School.

Just putting this out there... If you feel like you are spinning your wheels with your current team and your contract year is coming up, is a "lingering injury" a way you force a change without looking like you are forcing a change?

Yes, this is tin foil hat conspiracy stuff.

How can you sure the fans aren't running him out of town?

And stop pretending like you can take off that tin foil hat...

i just do not understand the thought process you bring to situations sometimes.

He starts this thread so that in the event Watkins is traded or holds out somewhere down the line he can point to this gem and say "See!!! I predicted this years ago and was crucified for it!!!!" and proceed to blame the team's fanbase for crimes against the Bills and for ruining the organization from the outside.

he actually was on record saying that way before the draft, but keep going...

OMG... You mean to tell me that a college player wanting to be drafted wouldn't say things to encourage teams with higher draft picks to draft them so they could earn a bigger contract?

OMG... You mean to tell me that a college player wanting to be drafted wouldn't say things to encourage teams with higher draft picks to draft them so they could earn a bigger contract?

so let me get this straight...sammy watkins declared himself a bills fan months before the draft because he knew they would trade up to get him and give him a "bigger" contract? he must have found a loophole in the rookie wage scale that says if you get drafted by your favourite team, you get a bonus

you are the funniest poster on this board, albeit unintentionally

He starts this thread so that in the event Watkins is traded or holds out somewhere down the line he can point to this gem and say "See!!! I predicted this years ago and was crucified for it!!!!" and proceed to blame the team's fanbase for crimes against the Bills and for ruining the organization from the outside.

Nope, that's not why. Just dealing with my grief like many here do, by banging my head into a wall.