Watkins: injured or just trying to leave the Bills?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are going to start hating Sammy now? Is he the new Mario?

Based on what?

based in the fact that he generally doesn't play through being hurt or constantly has some kind of ailment.

As far as not wanting to be here? Based on complaining about not getting enough touches, targets, etc. based on his attitude in general. IMO.

I don't think Sammy has wanted to be here since the beginning. Or at least since his first season was over. Part of the reason why I believe he doesn't play through injuries. Why chance the possibility of re-injuring himself or making things worse.

There's no real evidence of this, but it would not surprise me if it's true. If you were Sammy, would you want to play for the Bills? I don't think any other NFL team could have limited his production the way the Bills have, and will probably continue to do in the foreseeable future.

Edited by mannc

I don't think Sammy has wanted to be here since the beginning. Or at least since his first season was over. Part of the reason why I believe he doesn't play through injuries. Why chance the possibility of re-injuring himself or making things worse.

I always got that feeling as well. Not exactly sure why, but I did and still do. Either way, it's hard to "want" to be with a franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs in 16 years.

...since 95 if you don't include those wild card games (which we lost), then that's 20 years

Edited by 87168

There's no real evidence of this, but it would not surprise me if it's true. If you were Sammy, would you want to play for the Bills? I don't think any other NFL team could have limited his production the way the Bills have, and will probably continue to do in the foreseeable future.

well, he CLAIMED, when he was first drafted that he was a fan of the team growing up. So, there's that. But chances are he lied about that too.

well, he CLAIMED, when he was first drafted that he was a fan of the team growing up. So, there's that. But chances are he lied about that too.

I have to confess that I didn't think Sammy would be the 2016 Mario but it seems to be moving it that direction. One year can't we get mad on the least talented player on the team or person in the organization rather than the most talented?

Just putting this out there... If you feel like you are spinning your wheels with your current team and your contract year is coming up, is a "lingering injury" a way you force a change without looking like you are forcing a change?

Yes, this is tin foil hat conspiracy stuff.

So he is going for "fake" x-rays?

Just putting this out there... If you feel like you are spinning your wheels with your current team and your contract year is coming up, is a "lingering injury" a way you force a change without looking like you are forcing a change?

Yes, this is tin foil hat conspiracy stuff.

What keeps good players around -- and brings in good FAs -- in poor times is belief that things are on a definite upswing. Hope, in other words. And that's the jolt the hiring of Rex did last year. His epic fail with the D had to cut into some of that optimism. And now this year, it already appears the Bills are in a mess. If you believe you're one of the best and yet you are an after thought around the league, and that's largely because of inferior players and inept coaching on your team, would you want to perhaps try a change of scenery? While I doubt Sammy is faking an injury in order to get out of Buffalo, I really wouldn't be surprised if he did leave. Especially after yesterday. If I was Sammy, I think I'd be at least a little discouraged that I'm facing yet another season of career mediocrity. Heck, I feel that as a fan. And don't be surprised if other players begin to look fondly at what their friends and former teammates are accomplishing on other teams and begin to plan for getting out of town.

Really, what first-round talent would want to be on this team?

The Bills are basically just a farm team for the rest of the league.

What keeps good players around -- and brings in good FAs -- in poor times is belief that things are on a definite upswing. Hope, in other words. And that's the jolt the hiring of Rex did last year. His epic fail with the D had to cut into some of that optimism. And now this year, it already appears the Bills are in a mess. If you believe you're one of the best and yet you are an after thought around the league, and that's largely because of inferior players and inept coaching on your team, would you want to perhaps try a change of scenery? While I doubt Sammy is faking an injury in order to get out of Buffalo, I really wouldn't be surprised if he did leave. Especially after yesterday. If I was Sammy, I think I'd be at least a little discouraged that I'm facing yet another season of career mediocrity. Heck, I feel that as a fan. And don't be surprised if other players begin to look fondly at what their friends and former teammates are accomplishing on other teams and begin to plan for getting out of town.

And if Sammy is a Bills fan from way back he knows all too well how things went for Lee Evans.