Tank It

MPT

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For God's sake, just do what real organizations do and go for an early pick. Fire everyone except maybe Ed Reed.

If you think this is an overreaction, you weren't watching today. The ineptitude of this team can't be overstated.

Ravens have a super bowl winning coach, super bowl mvp QB, and have historically been really good at home (compound that by making it their season opener). We lost by 6 points. No, you're not overreacting at all. You're being completely rational.

Yes, we better play much better on offense. And we will.

Jets/Bills game should be a pick em this week, IMO slam the Jets who have a more proven roster and some plus match ups. Our dline is ****, our Oline is garbage. I don't think Cordy will be back on a short week, we could very well be home dogs.

What exacty are the differences between last year and this year for this matchup?

I am writing all these screen names down. Make sure you dont all go running off the board when these posts after ONE GAME end up looking so retarded.

So when this list of yours turns out to be correct in their projections, I fully expect you to write a mea culpa and promptly run off the board.

This is ridiculous. 1 game against a pretty damn good football team and everyone is running for the hills. Talk about whacked senses of reality.

Whacked sense of reality? Have you been watching the last 20 years. We all know losers when we see em

So when this list of yours turns out to be correct in their projections, I fully expect you to write a mea culpa and promptly run off the board.

Ah see....that is the difference. Im here no matter what.

I dont work off a screen name with a post count of 3......you know god damn well this team starts winning games we will never year from you again.

What exacty are the differences between last year and this year for this matchup?

A few less rainbows and unicorns? Watch on Thursday and then report back.

My early guess would be the lack of DL talent an Oline that is missing it's best player while playing against one of the best front 7's in football. If your QB wants to play check down chess against the Ravens just wait until the Jets eat him up. It's a short week anything can happen... I'm going to cling to that while I collect cash on the other end.

Edited by Commonsense

4-2 in the afce East last year

Moral victory. Nothing more. No playoffs, .500 record. Mediocrity.

And by the way, acknowledging that the offense was clearly not prepared for the opening game of the season, is anyone else ticked off that Roman and Ryan had the team start the last preseason game in the wishbone?

I mean it's only preseason, but to even pull off that stunt, the team had to spend reps practicing a 1930's offensive set. Shouldn't those reps have been spent on, I don't know, having the new franchise QB practice throwing his elite WR open?

Whether its one game or 17 (or 4 years in Whaley's case), there is enough wrong with this team to legitimately question if it is on the right path.

A few less rainbows and unicorns? Watch on Thursday and then report back.

Am I gonna get an honest answer on that or just the bs your spouting today

Moral victory. Nothing more. No playoffs, .500 record. Mediocrity.

And by the way, acknowledging that the offense was clearly not prepared for the opening game of the season, is anyone else ticked off that Roman and Ryan had the team start the last preseason game in the wishbone?

I mean it's only preseason, but to even pull off that stunt, the team had to spend reps practicing a 1930's offensive set. Shouldn't those reps have been spent on, I don't know, having the new franchise QB practice throwing his elite WR open?

Whether its one game or 17 (or 4 years in Whaley's case), there is enough wrong with this team to legitimately question if it is on the right path.

Hey.....by all means question...I am questioning whether or not these starting players should have played more in pre season because they didnt look ready on offense

but anyone who is making some kind of prediction on how this season is going to go today because of 1 game....that cannot be taken seriously

Am I gonna get an honest answer on that or just the bs your spouting today

Hey.....by all means question...I am questioning whether or not these starting players should have played more in pre season because they didnt look ready on offense

but anyone who is making some kind of prediction on how this season is going to go today because of 1 game....that cannot be taken seriously

The amount of reps the offense got in the preseason is a serious issue, Imo. The redskins game really surprised me. Tyrod had a total of 5 passing attempts and was pulled. Kirk Cousins got 23 attempts and played into the third quarter. Historically the 3rd game is when you see the most playing time. Shady didnt play and tyrod got 5 reps and sammy was still on bench. This offense played about a total of 2 quarters this entire preseason. It showed. Thats on the coaching staff.

The amount of reps the offense got in the preseason is a serious issue, Imo. The redskins game really surprised me. Tyrod had a total of 5 passing attempts and was pulled. Kirk Cousins got 23 attempts and played into the third quarter. Historically the 3rd game is when you see the most playing time. Shady didnt play and tyrod got 5 reps and sammy was still on bench. This offense played about a total of 2 quarters this entire preseason. It showed. Thats on the coaching staff.

I posted in the preseason that people would complain about the 1st line guys not playing if they started out slow once the season began, but would have killed the coaching staff if one of them got injured. No win situation.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I posted in the preseason that people would complain about the 1st line guys not playing, but would have killed the coaching staff if one of them got injured. No win situation.

I agree, its a double edged sword. But at the same time im not sitting here saying the sky is falling now. It is what it is - the offense needs more reps. Needs more work. It will get better

Yup, 1 game....Let's quit. The perfect example of the general population's mentality on.....Anything. As bad as what the offense was, they were still within a play or two of winning (i.e., Darby's dropped "potential" pick six). The last two seasons Buffalo beat teams that were picked to do well (Chicago and Indianapolis)....After each game the general consensus was that we beat "playoff" teams. Fast forward in each season and guess what? Those teams sucked. Maybe, just maybe.....We played a good football team today. And we could've beaten that "good" football team. Take a breath. It's one game.

After one game.......one...game

It's not that they lost, it's how they lost.

First, the entire offense was back and looked worse, much worse. Not explosive, not imaginative, not powerful, nothing.

Taylor was atrocious.

The defense was ok, but definitely benefitted from an unforced turnover and Baltimore playing very conservative.

The worst part was nothing looked, felt, or seemed remotely different than last year or frankly the last many years. Just 60 minutes of frustrating futility.

After one game.......one...game

I mean the defense played very well but you cant win if you cant score. Poor play calling today, i'm not giving up yet but where was our run game? 16 carries for shady? We had the #1 rush attack last year and gave him the ball 16 times? Didn't give me much to look forward to. 160 yards is baaaaddddd.

Take a breath. It's one game.

I've said this a lot tonight, but I don't think it can be overstated. "One game" is the difference between making the playoffs or going home early for the better part of two decades. One game is what teams are fighting for in the last few weeks of the season. And we just gave away yet another easy one that will come back to haunt us when we're 8-8 again. If we even manage that level of mediocrity this year.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

After seeing what I saw today, I am finding it hard to believe that our offense is going to be consistent enough to make it to the playoffs.

You may have a lot of posts, but you sure as hell haven't been around long enough to know how ridiculous this statement is.

I get the distinct feeling I have been here longer then you......a lot longer......as in before our Super Bowl runs.

but I will be here win or lose....I think we both know you wont be unless we lose

After seeing what I saw today, I am finding it hard to believe that our offense is going to be consistent enough to make it to the playoffs.

Does the thought that our offense has just not had enough playing time this year and it affected us today cross your mind at all. You do know that the O will improve should that be the case right?

Yes...its an excuse...anything will be an excuse because we didnt win. If Darby catches that int and runs it back for a TD (there was nobody close to him) and we end up winning a close defensive battle today......is it all doom and gloom? No people would be happy because the D has improved and your usual punch bowl pissers would be ragging on Tyrod Taylor.....

But the world would keep spinning and we would be moving onto the jets

I've said this a lot tonight, but I don't think it can be overstated. "One game" is the difference between making the playoffs or going home early for the better part of two decades. One game is what teams are fighting for in the last few weeks of the season. And we just gave away yet another easy one that will come back to haunt us when we're 8-8 again. If we even manage that level of mediocrity this year.

Might as well cancel the season. We lost game 1

I get the distinct feeling I have been here longer then you......a lot longer......as in before our Super Bowl runs.

but I will be here win or lose....I think we both know you wont be unless we lose

Does the thought that our offense has just not had enough playing time this year and it affected us today cross your mind at all. You do know that the O will improve should that be the case right?

Yes...its an excuse...anything will be an excuse because we didnt win. If Darby catches that int and runs it back for a TD (there was nobody close to him) and we end up winning a close defensive battle today......is it all doom and gloom? No people would be happy because the D has improved and your usual punch bowl pissers would be ragging on Tyrod Taylor.....

Thursday night you will be saying "we only lost 2 games"....etc...etc...etc. Stop drinking the Kool Aide

Overall, the game was full of decent defense plays on each side, offensive side for both was a different story. Roman's plan was too conservative, which was good against the Ravens D. However, he should've opened it up and allowed more WR options deep. That didn't happen. I expect this team to come out swinging on Thursday.

No way we would or should tank, particularly after one game. Having said that, I just don't see this as a team that can go 10-6 or better this year. While we do have some quality players, there are too many holes on this team that can be exploited. I like Taylor, but he really needs to further develop as a downfield passer and make his reads/progressions more quickly. I don't think we have enough talent at WR after Watkins, but the passing game must get better if we are going to have any hope of making the playoffs this year.

Okay, Chris Brown, we get it. The Bills are just about to turn this thing around.