Tank It

MPT

For God's sake, just do what real organizations do and go for an early pick. Fire everyone except maybe Ed Reed.

If you think this is an overreaction, you weren't watching today. The ineptitude of this team can't be overstated.

This isn't hockey where only one or 2 superstars are available.....and why keep Ed Reed?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

but they dont have NE team in their divisions. That team went on the road, without its two best players, and beat one of the supposed 3 best teams in the NFC.

And according to the op Arizona should tank now because that's what good organizations do. They've got Seattle in their division.

I'm not with you on this one - usually I agree with you. What are we tanking for? The #1 pick that we will trade for more picks? I'd rather see the Bills go out and play hard and disciplined football, and that starts with a decent gameplan from the coaches. That wasn't evident yesterday, I get it.

Nobody figures that the Bills are going to win the division. Sights were mainly set at a wild card, and even then everything had to break right. Why wouldn't anyone be calling for a tank before the first game with those expectations?

And according to the op Arizona should tank now because that's what good organizations do. They've got Seattle in their division.

I'm not with you on this one - usually I agree with you. What are we tanking for? The #1 pick that we will trade for more picks? I'd rather see the Bills go out and play hard and disciplined football, and that starts with a decent gameplan from the coaches. That wasn't evident yesterday, I get it.

Nobody figures that the Bills are going to win the division. Sights were mainly set at a wild card, and even then everything had to break right. Why wouldn't anyone be calling for a tank before the first game with those expectations?

You are right, i never figured they would win the division, but i thought there might be hope for a wild card. That left me yesterday. I just cannot get this team to 10 wins.

And a true tank is about accumulating assets and ditching LTCs that make no sense for when the turnaround should happen. We have seen the Sabres and Bills stuck in mediocrity so long...just feels like this team is squarely there.

I don't live in Buffalo anymore and don't follow the Sabres, but as inderstand it, the evidence for this statement is pretty slim.

On Off the Wall there is a Sabres thread. The active posters in it seem to think we might be able to make the playoffs in 3-4 years. This is great because only 93% of NHL teams make the playoffs each year.

They should be a pretty good team this year.... It only took him 5 years to get it fixed... He did the same thing with the Bills that he did with the Sabres. Held onto the **** from the previous regime only to clean house and tank a few years later. Seems to be where the Bills are headed.

Why does he need the step of hanging onto the previous failures? The Sabres would have been much better off starting sooner. He also fired Ruff at the beginning of a season (after a half season lockout too)... and also hung onto Darcy too long, firing him early in the following season. In both cases, the moves were made just as the crowds were becoming very ugly in the arena.

I don't live in Buffalo anymore and don't follow the Sabres, but as inderstand it, the evidence for this statement is pretty slim.

Didn't keep you from commenting though..

Cleaned house, tanked, reloaded and the set stage for future.....

Didn't keep you from commenting though..

Cleaned house, tanked, reloaded and the set stage for future.....

It was more of a question, really. So Pegs has turned the Sabres around? I haven't heard much here on the west coast about all their playoff appearances since he has turned them around.