Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this game is so simple, the offensive game plan was terrible. They spent the first half trying to play within 5 yards of the LOS. I have no idea why. The Bills run the ball and go up top. The second part didn't happen th entire day. You can't walk into the game and not try to do what you do best. That's 100% on Roman.

This is where I am at.....its almost like Roman just outsmarted himself today

Agree, this was his worst performance; it started early. They didn't try to do what they do best. That's inexcusable to me. Getting beat is one thing, but not playing your game is another. They should have played their game, win or lose.

The difference in this game to me is I have seen Roman do this before in 1st halves....then in second halves you just get the feel that he turns Tyrod loose to become the playmaker that he is.

Not this game....I felt like pocket passer QB was just shoved down everyones throat no matter what.

He was very truthful in this. But it is a little more accurate if he said "taking what I saw."

Good point. Tyrod was a bit testy in his presser. I like that. Whatever happened today it seemed the Ravens knew his weaknesses and played him to them. Tyrod was never settled and the offense was too static. Roman should have added more designed motion & bootlegs to dictate to the Ravens defense.

Wait, you mean he's not a franchise QB?

I have no illusions that he's a top 5 or so guy or anything. He's the type that's in the teens. You can't 109% count on big days week in and week out but there is much worse out there. Hopefully he shows the better parts of what we saw last year next week

And that shouldn't scare a team with a QB who runs like an elusive RB.

He should be able to GASH teams that blitz him.

You design a gameplan to make teams PAY for blitzing and then they stop.

Either that or beat them with quick passing plays that are capable of picking up chunk yardage vs. the blitz - like a simple slant.

What makes you think that Tyrod had the green light to throw deep based on the offense we saw today?

- We have the MOST mobile qb in the league.....QB keeper?.....bootleg? Moving pockets?

- Sammy gets what...3 targets when he needs more like 8

- Force feeding Shady on screens that the OL wasnt blocking for

This is Roman.....he wasnt playing to his QBs strengths today

Don't forget, nearly every pass TT threw was off the mark. Everything was high. TT was just bad today.

Tyrod isn't a concern to me. He can play. They need to let him to what he does best. He barely carried the ball and didn't go up top besides for the broken play. Again, this is on Roman. You need to do what you do best and make teams react. The Bills coaches are always the "smartest guys in the room." Stop trying to fool people with what you think they aren't ready for. The Bills run well and are good up top. They didn't do either today and that falls on Roman.

Tyrod isn't a concern to me. He can play. They need to let him to what he does best. He barely carried the ball and didn't go up top besides for the broken play. Again, this is on Roman. You need to do what you do best and make teams react. The Bills coaches are always the "smartest guys in the room." Stop trying to fool people with what you think they aren't ready for. The Bills run well and are good up top. They didn't do either today and that falls on Roman.

Couldn't have said it better myself...if you are gonna lose, lose throwing your best pitch...don't get beat on your 4th pitch...

Either that or beat them with quick passing plays that are capable of picking up chunk yardage vs. the blitz - like a simple slant.

It can't be the underneath stuff. Rex runs a defense entirely based on getting QB's to throw quick passes behind the sticks and when executed it keeps teams off of the scoreboard.......as it did with Tyrod today.

Woods and Salas aren't RAC guys and Taylor doesn't put those passes in perfect spots with timing to execute that kind of offense.

They really need to keep trying to do what they do best......and that may mean rolling Taylor out and buying time to get those guys WIDE open for big plays........it's a blessing to have a QB who can buy huge time with his feet and hit those deep passes......they need to take advantage of that.