Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

You can't throw deep against a strict cover 2.

You need an offense that can play 9 on 7 in the box when they play the scheme Baltimore had. Short and intermediate stuff, slot receivers and TE's, play action etc. Then you might get single covered on the outside and get a chance to take your long ball shots.

We will see cover 2 all year unless Roman starts preparing this team better.

So....in other words you need a J. Williams to work between the tackles and force those safeties down.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling when week 16 13 gets here we will be looking to this game is the reason why we missed the playoffs again

fixed.

the formula today:

50% bad protection + 25% bad game plan + 25% rattled QB = no deep shots down the field.

Not many experienced QBs could have found time to go deep today. Tyrod's problem was that he did not make plays, save the one pass to Clay, when he got out of the pocket and had his chances.

Roman is not only responsible for the putrid game plan but the blocking schemes and protection are part of the OC's responsibility.

Ok, the OL was poor and lets not forget the running back blitz pick up was as bad too.

You can't throw deep against a strict cover 2.

You need an offense that can play 9 on 7 in the box when they play the scheme Baltimore had. Short and intermediate stuff, slot receivers and TE's, play action etc. Then you might get single covered on the outside and get a chance to take your long ball shots.

We will see cover 2 all year unless Roman starts preparing this team better.

Last year's excuse was that the QB threw the ball in 2 seconds. You can't sack a QB that fast. So this year it's gonna be they're playing a cover 2, no one can throw against that.

When do we stop making excuses and just start palying football? Every team in the league throws deep, every game. Every team attempts to be a professional football team. The Bills, on the other hand, are professional excuse makers and take every opportunity to run for the bus. It's pathetic.

On the players to execute, not the coach. The deep pass was there several times today. He chose to check down. Same thing as last year. Everyone wants to say going deep last year was a strength, his stats were boosted last year by the majority of his plays being short throws. He is a game manager nothing more. Sammy was open a few times and he didn't make the throw, very Trentitive.

Which plays today were designed to go downfield? I don't remember one but maybe I missed it and they checked down. Which plays am I missing?

The Bills challenged the Ravens' secondary today exactly zero times. I need to know why!

One deep pass on a broken play to Clay. That was it!

On that play, the ball only traveled about 20 yards in the air.

That was the longest pass of the game. Pathetic

There are often guys open but which plays were designed to go down the field? I don't remember a first look being down the field.

What percentage of plays could you eyeball the depth of the first reads route live when not thrown to any given week?

I'm not saying none, but it's tough on TV there may have been a few. But I'll agree to them needing to force some down field even in coverage.

I'm still very curious about Romans trust in tyrod. Not letting him run a true hurry up last year, questions about how much leeway he had at the line, etc...

Odd question considering the contract he just inked.

That was a truly gutless effort on playcalls & plays.