Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

Definitely shared blame between Roman & Taylor. Whether by design or execution, those two lost the game today.

I'm not a Roman guy and I have been overly critical of him at times but the repeated check downs is not a fair representation of what the actual game plan was. No idea what they were trying to accomplish but I'm sure that wasn't it.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDS, who was in the stands will tell you that's the case.

Hasn't Sal reported something like that about Roman's route design? I thought he said something like that meaning there is a guy at every level on passing plays. Maybe I imagined that though.

I'm not sure why people want to defend the Bills offense, TT or the OL after that game. Just call a spade a spade. It was crap, boring, timid... Etc.

What that means for the rest of the season? Who knows. I'm not one to let the first game of the season define too much. No reason to get too high or too low based on the first game but they need to fix things.

Roman was so, so bad. His game plan was disgusting. The fact that they didn't look to go over the top once is appalling. This game is on Greg Roman.

What I don't understand is why they seemed so unprepared for the more aggressive defense trying(successfully) to make Tyrod check it down and disrupting the run on the way to the QB.

They have 3 veteran defensive coordinators on this damn team..........did nobody think this would be what defenses threw at Tyrod?

Teams that normally play vanilla defense in the preseason were attacking Tyrod for chrissake. This should not have been a surprise.

What I don't understand is why they seemed so unprepared for the more aggressive defense trying(successfully) to make Tyrod check it down and disrupting the run on the way to the QB.

They have 3 veteran defensive coordinators on this damn team..........did nobody think this would be what defenses threw at Tyrod?

Teams that normally play vanilla defense in the preseason were attacking Tyrod for chrissake. This should not have been a surprise.

And wait until Thursday. Bowles and his double A gappers. It will only get worse.

And wait until Thursday. Bowles and his double A gappers. It will only get worse.

And that shouldn't scare a team with a QB who runs like an elusive RB.

He should be able to GASH teams that blitz him.

You design a gameplan to make teams PAY for blitzing and then they stop.

why not elaborate then, since you seem to know everything.

SDS was there today and has said guys were open deep all day.

What makes you think that Tyrod had the green light to throw deep based on the offense we saw today?

- We have the MOST mobile qb in the league.....QB keeper?.....bootleg? Moving pockets?

- Sammy gets what...3 targets when he needs more like 8

- Force feeding Shady on screens that the OL wasnt blocking for

This is Roman.....he wasnt playing to his QBs strengths today

Hasn't Sal reported something like that about Roman's route design? I thought he said something like that meaning there is a guy at every level on passing plays. Maybe I imagined that though.

IDK, but it only makes sense to design plays like that.

Can't imagine an OC would have a job very long if he didn't do that.

What makes you think that Tyrod had the green light to throw deep based on the offense we saw today?

- We have the MOST mobile qb in the league.....QB keeper?.....bootleg? Moving pockets?

800px-Horse_Blinkers_%25284240744343%252

Right, cause they told TT to hold the ball and ONLY checkdown today. Really! SMH :doh: