Mcdonald's create your own burger

unbillievable

Why isn't this everywhere?!

http://www.businessinsider.com/customizable-burgers-represent-mcdonalds-future-2016-4

Locations nationwide now have touch-screen kiosks that allow customers to choose exactly what goes into their custom burger, including multiple bun options, specialty sauces, and unique toppings.

It's probably a way to get people to use self ordering kiosks as they lay off employees demanding 15$/hr.

Its already in the UK and Australia?! Why is the USA last?

This will probably be received like the self checkouts in grocery stores. Some people buy in most don't.

But the reducing the employees /cost theory is probably the main reason here.

The more modern convenience store chains like Wawa use them and they are great. Instead of paying people to take orders put everyone to work filling them. Get customers in and out that much quicker. Edited by PromoTheRobot

You have to touch that screen after everyone else at McDonald's already has?

Can you get a Big Mac and a hepatitis shot?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as I read the OP. I have a difficult enough time eating at the tables with all the itchy scratchys that crawl around my local McD's.

There is one on 3rd Ave around 55th street in Manhattan. I have used it and honestly, it was pretty good, you can customize the burger and add on all the extras. AT least you know it hasn't been sitting around for 2 hours until you came in. They also give some great options like crunchy onions, mustard and other items that are not standard.

This is most definitely the fast food industry's answer to the $15/hour minimum wage.

I've used the fast-lane kiosks at Panera, and it's terrific.

I don't know if everyone is like this, but the first couple times I've found myself using those kiosks, I find myself exploring the menus to see exactly how much customization I can make or checking out what exactly is in certain sandwiches. I haven't been in there (Panera) at peak business hours, but I can imagine that slowing things down. It'll pass with time though.

I don't know if everyone is like this, but the first couple times I've found myself using those kiosks, I find myself exploring the menus to see exactly how much customization I can make or checking out what exactly is in certain sandwiches. I haven't been in there (Panera) at peak business hours, but I can imagine that slowing things down. It'll pass with time though.

id bet with 10 people behind you in line you would likely have a little more rush and a little less pioneering of new sandwich frontiers.

and even with light browsing, im guessing you arent substantially slower than the normal line.

id bet with 10 people behind you in line you would likely have a little more rush and a little less pioneering of new sandwich frontiers.

and even with light browsing, im guessing you arent substantially slower than the normal line.

The one thing the Panera I've been to with a kiosk had going for it is that there must have been about 15 of those screens. Even with a line, that will allow for a bit of browsing. If that's what places are doing, it should pretty much cancel out my original post.

Now if only places with those mix your own Coke flavor machines could actually get more than one of them in the building. That's when the real innovation will happen.

The one thing the Panera I've been to with a kiosk had going for it is that there must have been about 15 of those screens. Even with a line, that will allow for a bit of browsing. If that's what places are doing, it should pretty much cancel out my original post.

Now if only places with those mix your own Coke flavor machines could actually get more than one of them in the building. That's when the real innovation will happen.

ha! around these parts there are some with multiple machines, but on the odd chance that im eating in a fast food place, they have been woefully neglected and are lucky to have as many options as the standard drink machines.

This is most definitely the fast food industry's answer to the $15/hour minimum wage.

I've used the fast-lane kiosks at Panera, and it's terrific.

You act like they weren't going to roll these out anyway. News flash, the $15 minimum wage isn't here and they're still rolling these out.

You act like they weren't going to roll these out anyway. News flash, the $15 minimum wage isn't here and they're still rolling these out.

It is in NYC (2018), as well as Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester (2021). It's arrived in California as well, I believe.

The more modern convenience store chains like Wawa use them and they are great. Instead of paying people to take orders put everyone to work filling them. Get customers in and out that much quicker.

I like the Wawa interface but that is partly when I have ordered something in a Wawa often the employee's speech was so hard to understand computer easier. This is another benefit in areas where English is not the native language of many employees.

Why don't they just make an app?

Sure I will use an app if it comes with a free phone!

It is indeed already in certain parts of the country, and others are implementing it in a tiered fashion.

They may, in fact, have been planning it all along, but I'd find it unrealistic to pretend that forcing more than a 100% wage increase on fast food companies isn't going to usher in the era faster.

Why don't they just make an app?

id be way more prone to use in store instead of downloading an app and dealing with alerts and a bunch of individual restaurant apps that i dont frequently use.

It is indeed already in certain parts of the country, and others are implementing it in a tiered fashion.

They may, in fact, have been planning it all along, but I'd find it unrealistic to pretend that forcing more than a 100% wage increase on fast food companies isn't going to usher in the era faster.

the tech has been there for a good bit now id imagine. just a matter of at what point the economics of it would spur the change. doubling employee pay sure seems like an obvious benchmark.

id be way more prone to use in store instead of downloading an app and dealing with alerts and a bunch of individual restaurant apps that i dont frequently use.

the tech has been there for a good bit now id imagine. just a matter of at what point the economics of it would spur the change. doubling employee pay sure seems like an obvious benchmark.

For sure

Why isn't this everywhere?!

http://www.businessinsider.com/customizable-burgers-represent-mcdonalds-future-2016-4

It's probably a way to get people to use self ordering kiosks as they lay off employees demanding 15$/hr.

Its already in the UK and Australia?! Why is the USA last?

Every WaWa and QuickCheck have these. So McDonalds is finally catching up. Edited by Beef Jerky