seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

Sounds like 4 weeks off the roster to gain some weight and strengthen up some before he comes back and starts the rest of the year to me.

I read thru this thread and not one mention of this fact:

He was suspended THREE TIMES at the U cuz he can't stay out of the wacky tobackey.

Some polly's here got mad when I pointed out how stupid his "Rex hurt my feelings by not calling me" attitude was.

Un-accountable.

undiagnosed crohns,self medicating?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it completely mind boggling how this team of all teams has so many fans completely lacking in empathy.

Gotta be tough. only way we will learn. How my Daddy raised me and his daddy before him , and how i raised my kids.

And i turned out jest fine.

and what the hell is empathy anyways? some sissy word made up by them damned liberals ?

what the ever loving heck is this world coming to when....

aww shoot nevermind.

Empathy is a word representing a sense of compassion and ownership.

I think more than just I mentioned college suspensions - it's a real issue that in the last 5(?) years he had at minimum 6 failed tests (if Miami suspended on first strike).

Regardless of why he's smoking, it's not a sustainable plan to be a football player and acting in this manner.

Obviously . if that is the case. like i said. if he made his bed, he needs to sleep in it. Nothing wrong with that though. But the appeal?....

The team is now open to being fined for having multiple players getting suspended. It was on espn's twitter feed.

So even the league things the FO should be accountable

Does Karlos count, since they cut him before the start of the league year?

yup - i dont recall the new procedure, but i believe we are talking a 6 figure fine at this point.

It's a percentage, I think 25%, of the money the suspended players lose by being suspended, but only up to a maximum of $250,000. Since Dareus is losing $1.9M in his 4 game vacation, they'll hit the max

As they always are. Look, I voted for the medical marijuana initiative in my state. (By the way, I also believe we should legalize it and treat it exactly like alcohol.) It passed. It was sold to the voters as something that would be used by those with truly serious medical afflictions - chemo nausea, maybe some severe chronic pain conditions. And we all know what happened over time - it was exactly the slippery slope program that the moralist scolds warned us it was. Anyone and everyone could get a medical marijuana "recommendation" from a doctor. So why don't we have exemptions for things like Crohn's Disease sufferers who live in states where medical use (or use in general) is legal? Well, because the NFL knows that any exemption for any specific condition would open the floodgates, and the exception would swallow the rule. The "pot defenders" need to own this. Their strategy worked in making marijuana more acceptable to the public and to state legislatures, and no doubt soon at the federal level. But in the interim, we have to admit that that strategy came at a price, and that price was sacrificing any logical approach to marijuana use by entities such as the NFL.

How do the stats look with the increased marijuana use, which presumably based on what I'm hearing you say is a recreational use increase. Or at least an increase in medical use for non critical conditions. Are intoxicated driving fatalities up, down, the same? Domestic battery? Nonviolent drug arrests?

Curious, because a big argument for only allowing medicinal for only the most serious conditions is that only at that level of illness would the negatives be outweighed by the positives.

Pot could be helpful for all sorts of small, but meaningful conditions, and before anyone scoffs at conditions like anxiety and insomnia, many people drink coffee every day to provide a small boost in alertness and energy. Small and meaningful, yet completely ok. Granted the inebriating effect of coffee is less than pot, but certainly pot's negative individual impact and societal impact is far closer to caffeine than certainly heroin, cocain and even likely alcohol and tobacco.

Just a quick comment here. Yes, you can probably "survive" Chron's with NO medication. The life you live (depending on how bad your Chron's is) could be devastatingly miserable---but hey, you're alive.

Perhaps one of the dumbest arguments I've ever encountered.

Edited by The Dean

It does indeed sound horrific, and I feel for the guy. But what does pot do for this? Is it an alternative to pain killers?

OMG are you serious ????? please read my post #157 in this thread

I find it completely mind boggling how this team of all teams has so many fans completely lacking in empathy.

exactly, please see my comments in post # 157

I would like to see how the appeal goes.

He was wrong unless he cleared it through the league. I haven't heard anything about a prescription for THC.

That being said, the NFL really needs to take a hard look at there non performance enhancing drug policy. If there was a time for the NFLPA to take a stand about the drug policy, now would be a good time.

I find it utterly hilarious that these well paid employees can't lay off the weed when it is essential to their employment.

Personally, I think it says a lot about their personal character.

The league should start kicking players out on their second offense for illegal drug use. First offense should be a full year suspension without pay.

The penalty isn't stiff enough. Hitting the weed is a choice. The guy makes a conscious decision to smoke it or not every single time. If he can't control his urge to hit the pipe, then he can kiss his NFL career goodbye as far as I am concerned.

Let those players go back to working outside of professional sports. They will soon find out that all mid size or larger companies have the same restrictions on drug use.

Fecking losers.

I find it utterly hilarious that these well paid employees can't lay off the weed when it is essential to their employment.

The league should start kicking players out on their second offense for illegal drug use. First offense should be a full year suspension without pay.

The penalty isn't stiff enough. Hitting the weed is a choice. The guy makes a conscious decision to smoke it or not every single time. If he can't control his urge to hit the pipe, then he can kiss his NFL career goodbye as far as I am concerned.

Let those players go back to working outside of professional sports. They will soon find out that all mid size or larger companies have the same restrictions on drug use.

Fecking losers.

Puff puff pass. Legalize it so these outdated takes can disappear.

Someone in a powdered wig told me it was bad. I love being told what to do.

Just a quick comment here. Yes, you can probably "survive" Chron's with NO medication. The life you live (depending on how bad your Chron's is) could be devastatingly miserable---but hey, you're alive.

Perhaps one of the dumbest arguments I've ever encountered.

Who is saying that a patient should or could be treated with "NO medication"?

Fecking losers.

I find it amazing that, in this day and age, there are still people that expect stoners to make good decisions. SMH