Ole Miss (Chad Kelly) vs FSU game thread

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks big and confident. Could have a terrific season.

Is the only Spread QB I want because with Jim as his uncle he has that "son" of a player experience and I'm sure Jim has told him the ins and outs of the pro game. Plus he has a great arm and wheels and is a Kelly :D .

Can you imagine if the Jets draft Chad Kelly? :bag::thumbdown:

They have 4 QBs now so I doubt it, but I would take Petty off their hands, he has pro experience know and kid has moxie

Who would you take Kelly, Wentz or Goff? I would take Kelly all day over those 2 QB's who just capped out last years draft. Kelly has comparable physical traits to Wentz and he does his work in the SEC. Strong arm, composed, good mobility. Let's go baby.

Wentz.

He is much bigger and again comes from a pro system

FSU already has 10 penalties for 83 and not even halftime. Bills scouts salivating.

:worthy::lol::worthy::lol:

He's too accurate for a Whaley QB draft pick.

:lol::thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Jesus, what happened? I went to bed at 28-13. FSU for real?

not surprised they won - they were favored to win the game and were ranked #4 in the country. They just tend to sleep through the first half of games. The RS freshman QB started slow but really balled out in 2nd half. FSU-Clemson will be a great matchup. Edited by YoloinOhio

not surprised they won - they were favored to win the game and were ranked #4 in the country. They just tend to sleep through the first half of games. The RS freshman QB started slow but really balled out in 2nd half. FSU-Clemson will be a great matchup.

I have my tickets. Hope they both stay undefeated til then.

Jim Kelly looks good. Happy for him.

Edited by Dopey

The "expert take" on Kelly is so all over the place, much like his play, that it's hard to get any real handle on him. I've recently seen him talked about as a 3rd-4th round talent, or as high as #9 overall as mentioned in this thread.

Personally, I'd be willing to risk a 2nd round pick on him if I were the Bills. Now is the perfect time. Let him develop behind Tyrod and Jones for the next 3 years. By then, Taylor's contract will be almost up and chances are good he'll be approaching the end of his career at that point.

It would be nice to see the Bills get proactive with QB drafting and development for once. Going into the next draft, we are in a position to do just that.

your scouting of Cardale vs scouting of Chad -- who is better prospect?

Are you trying to get me lynched? :lol:

Chad's issues likely won't improve. He stares down everything, he's reckless with the ball and as a runner. I felt Cardale's issues were more experience-based. Both toolsy guys, wouldn't take either if I'm calling the shots for a team though.

Are you trying to get me lynched? :lol:

Chad's issues likely won't improve. He stares down everything, he's reckless with the ball and as a runner. I felt Cardale's issues were more experience-based. Both toolsy guys, wouldn't take either if I'm calling the shots for a team though.

fair enough! I honestly couldn't remember your opinion of Cardale.

beat Bama last year. That was kind of a big game.

Then routed Oklahoma State in the Sugar Bowl. Chad Kelly has actually been a good big game player to date.

If his name wasn't "Kelly" we would talk about him so little on here. IMO, he isn't even a 1st round pick let alone the franchise savior that many here depict him as. He makes far too many mistakes. He throws with good anticipation but he forces way too many plays. He is a more mobile Jay Cutler with more mistakes.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

GO NOLES! Total domination in the 2nd half. Typical Jimbo over coached squad. Let your guys make plays and that's what he did, called a hell of a game in the 2nd half and Ole Miss was reeling. That FSU D is going to be up there with BAMA when the smoke clears. I don't think Clemson has the horses this year, they lost a lot of talent but Watson is a stud.

As for Kelly, he's a mixed bag. You see the talent but loves to force and has a quick trigger mentality. That offense is built on tempo so he usually knows exactly where he's going with the ball. Those sacks after the primary was covered showed he doesn't go through his progressions well. Who ever said this kid is top 10 talent should have their press pass revoked. Francois looked better and is a RS Freshman. IMO...

GO NOLES! Total domination in the 2nd half. Typical Jimbo over coached squad. Let your guys make plays and that's what he did, called a hell of a game in the 2nd half and Ole Miss was reeling. That FSU D is going to be up there with BAMA when the smoke clears. I don't think Clemson has the horses this year, they lost a lot of talent but Watson is a stud.

As for Kelly, he's a mixed bag. You see the talent but loves to force and has a quick trigger mentality. That offense is built on tempo so he usually knows exactly where he's going with the ball. Those sacks after the primary was covered showed he doesn't go through his progressions well. Who ever said this kid is top 10 talent should have their press pass revoked. Francois looked better and is a RS Freshman. IMO...

Couldn't agree more, + that game against Clemson is @ Florida State. Advantage Noles. Chad Kelly has a younger brother. He is a sophomore & is the starting Quarterback at St Joes. My friend who is a coordinator over at South Park & just played St Joes last Friday said his younger brother is a better quarterback as a sophomore than Chad was as a senior at Joes. I found that interesting.

Edited by Gordio

Kelly has all the tools but I worry about mental part of the game. He basically seems like a 1 or 2 read qb who misses open Wrs all the time.

I will say after not hearing one good thing about him in Buffalo, he seems to have mature a little bit. I still have reservations about him being the leader of my team though. But could be a very interesting guy if you have a solid vet in front of him.

Really like ND's qb though.