Sully throws in the towel too

8-8 Forever?

He just dusted off his article from last year and changed the date. I respect his lack of work ethic.

That's funny -and likely accurate.

Biggest thing for me isn't injuries (they're gonna happen), it's Tyrod's intelligence with the ball. For a 1st year starter to throw just 6 ints in 14 games has to be some kind of record -and is what impressed me more than his long ball accuracy and dazzling feet. I don't hope he takes a big step up in his performance this season, I KNOW it will happen.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-10, 7-9

WRs are woefully thin after Sammy with no big physical presence. I don't buy the Woods story line, he's a number 3.

No TE after Clay.

No bruiser at RB.

Taylor is small and one hit from nana land. Then you have EJ.

No depth at OL.

Left side of OL is not very good.

DL looks weaker than last year and they sucked last year. Dareus out for 4, Shaq out for 10 with no preseason, Kyle coming off another injury.

LBs are retreads

DBs are only quality unit from top to bottom.

6-10 is Sully's prediction. Gaughan, now him... Why is everyone so down on this team? We actually have a quality starting QB, the roster is healthy (Shady, Kyle, Aaron) and is as good or better than last years and they have the systems down now. Top ten talent (we'll see if they perform at that level) at all key NFL positions. Until the injuries pile up and trash everything, What's not to like? I don't see a healthy roster 6-10. No way.

Sully is a professional negativist. Every glass he sees is half-empty and he will see the grey side of every cloud - unless/until the team goes 4-1 or something like that and then he'll be over-the-top until the wheels show a sign of faltering then it'll be "see, I told you they sucked all along" even though he didn't (for example: Sully's reaction to signing Fitz at the time vs his commentary next season)

My motto with regards to Sully is See And Avoid.

I personally think preseason serves a purpose other than evaluation of 3rd string players - look at what some of the top-teams do, they don't treat it as regular games but they don't 100% blow it off, either, they use it to get the timing down for the OL and judiciously knock the rust off starters - but we'll see.

I'm not quite seeing your "top ten talent" evaluation for the players we'll be fielding in the 1st 4 games, especially at DL and LB and I'm not so certain of Aaron William's health - he's taking a long time to come out of concussion protocol. But I applaude your overall sense of optimism.

Edited by Hopeful

Yea I edited it right after you quoted me.

They will have injuries for sure. I guess my point is given the history of some of these players, not expecting them to get hurt may be a little unrealistic. (McCoy, AW, KW, Clay) Watkins and Tyrod are key guys we can't afford injuries to, but would it really be shocking, "bad luck", or even unexpected if either of those guys couldn't stay on the field considering Watkins recent surgery and Tyrods style of play?

Pretty much my point.

I don't see a lot of those guys staying on the field for the duration of the season.

but you can say that about just every important player on every team. Not directed at you but to constantly discuss possible future injuries is a waste of time.

but you can say that about just every important player on every team. Not directed at you but to constantly discuss possible future injuries is a waste of time.

It helps to feed and justify negative expectations by projecting BBFS into the future. Sounds like a great way to fan.

No you can't.

They have a history of it and are a year older. ****, McCoy, Clay, AW have already suffered some nagging injuries in preseason/training camp, and who knows with KW and Sammy.

Like I said, it's more then likely to occur/occurs again with some of these guys.

What does BBFS have to do with players not staying on the field?

Projecting injuries into the future is 100% BBFS.

6-10, 7-9

WRs are woefully thin after Sammy with no big physical presence. I don't buy the Woods story line, he's a number 3.

No TE after Clay.

No bruiser at RB.

Taylor is small and one hit from nana land. Then you have EJ.

No depth at OL.

Left side of OL is not very good.

DL looks weaker than last year and they sucked last year. Dareus out for 4, Shaq out for 10 with no preseason, Kyle coming off another injury.

LBs are retreads

DBs are only quality unit from top to bottom.

Wow! Let's forfeit now and go shopping with our wives on Sunday's. Most teams are not like Madden and stacked at every position. You have role players and play makers. I'm in a we'll see mode. The first month will tell me whether we have a team. If we finish 3-1, we're in the hunt. If less, then the schedule only gets harder and I'll know we're out of it.

It is so easy for the "analysts" to predict a bad season for the Bills because history is on their side. Couple that with the fact that we showed almost nothing in the preseason and everyone has already written us off. The reality is, I believe we will be greatly improved on both sides of the ball this year, but it may take a few weeks for the team to shake of the rust and click.

If we can start the year 2-2, I believe 10 wins and the playoffs is a very real possibility.

Hillary is Hillary, Trump is Trump, Rex is Rex and Rob is Rob. Not wanting to see people and their strengths and weaknesses because of your desires and hopes is human.

This team is 6-10 to 8-8.

This defense is not better than last years and TT didn't suddenly become able to read defenses and release before the receiver comes out of his break or put it down the middle of the field because he is acting like a leader in pre season.

I don't want them to be mediocre but they are.

Sully can be a weeny but I don't think he is far off on this one.

Hillary is Hillary, Trump is Trump, Rex is Rex and Rob is Rob. Not wanting to see people and their strengths and weaknesses because of your desires and hopes is human.

This team is 6-10 to 8-8.

This defense is not better than last years and TT didn't suddenly become able to read defenses and release before the receiver comes out of his break or put it down the middle of the field because he is acting like a leader in pre season.

I don't want them to be mediocre but they are.

Sully can be a weeny but I don't think he is far off on this one.

We'll find out soon enough beginning next Sunday.

6-10 is Sully's prediction. Gaughan, now him... Why is everyone so down on this team? We actually have a quality starting QB, the roster is healthy (Shady, Kyle, Aaron) and is as good or better than last years and they have the systems down now. Top ten talent (we'll see if they perform at that level) at all key NFL positions. Until the injuries pile up and trash everything, What's not to like? I don't see a healthy roster 6-10. No way.

Missing Dareus for 4 or more games (Who knows when the young man will come out of rehab)

Unsettled OL. The left side of the OL did not participate most of TC

A very unknown LB Corps.

Very limited Pass Rush besides Hughes, who is very unpredictable with his stupid plays during the critical phases of the game

A starting Safety who continues to have health issues

This team has to hope that Tyrod, Watkins and McCoy dominate games for a 10-6 record. That is a lot of weight on their shoulder.

But what the heck...This is a new season...New players will emerge.....May be the team will be ok...and will take us to the promised land...I am excited.