Manny Lawson cut

YoloinOhio

I didn't expect this cut, but it makes sense. KDiggz and I were posting a while back that pectoral injury is serious and no way he would be completely ready week 1. Coupled with an impending suspension, and why not cut him?

This is a weak spot, but then again we can't be strong at every spot in the 22. Think about our strengths. Excellent Secondary, excellent d line, Hughes is fantastic. Great offensive line, excellent RB's, and maybe a franchise QB.

I think that you are really overestimating the DL and OL when you call them great. I think the OL could be above average and the DL looks like a weakness to me until Dareus returns - then they are maybe average.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is more, between him and Felton, they are saving 4+ million they can roll to next year's cap to resign Gilmore.

It's not just one thing or the other, it's the entire picture you have to look at for moves. These moves clearly have some portion that are related to giving Bills extra cap space next year.

I don't think cap space is the problem in re-signing Gilmore. It's his asking price

I wonder what the reaction will be if the details come out about the investigated DV incident and the relation that may have to this roster decision. Maybe the Pegula's adopted a zero tolerance policy, how would fans feel about that?

Might not be a surprise if we find out that Kim's put a poison pill in the Gatorade of any player with a DV incident. Wasn't there another player cut recently that had something of a DV in his past? Ah yes, Karlos Williams. What happened to him? Maybe they move on up to the top of the cut list.

Might not be a surprise if we find out that Kim's put a poison pill in the Gatorade of any player with a DV incident. Wasn't there another player cut recently that had something of a DV in his past? Ah yes, Karlos Williams. What happened to him? Maybe they move on up to the top of the cut list.

It's worth consideration , but until the "incident" the NFL is investigating is revealed, i am not ready to reach that conclusion.

And I keep hearing all offseason how he was perfect for Rex's "system" and now he's good. And the same people who said how good of a fit Lawson was. Now will defend this move.

Yup - agreed.

I didn't expect this cut, but it makes sense. KDiggz and I were posting a while back that pectoral injury is serious and no way he would be completely ready week 1. Coupled with an impending suspension, and why not cut him?

This is a weak spot, but then again we can't be strong at every spot in the 22. Think about our strengths. Excellent Secondary, excellent d line, Hughes is fantastic. Great offensive line, excellent RB's, and maybe a franchise QB.

On the surface, I really hate this move, but the pec injury is definitely something to consider. A full pec tear is a season ender.

Karlos had a DV? I thought he was just out of shape and failed a drug test

A potential 1 game suspension isn't reason to cut a guy. There's more to it than that.

Why does everyone assume a 1 game suspension? The NFL gets a lot of grief for going 'light' on domestic violence suspensions. I'm guessing if the accusation is true, it's more than 1 game.

Why does everyone assume a 1 game suspension? The NFL gets a lot of grief for going 'light' on domestic violence suspensions. I'm guessing if the accusation is true, it's more than 1 game.

Because in the dearth of information being provided about this, the only thing consistent is that it's a potential 1 game suspension. Which leads many to believe it's either bogus or not DV.

It's worth consideration , but until the "incident" the NFL is investigating is revealed, i am not ready to reach that conclusion.

Yep. Me either. Just speculatin' for speculatin's sake. It's what we do.

Karlos had a DV? I thought he was just out of shape and failed a drug test

Back in Kallage. I'm really, really reaching here. But that's a wee bit of a commonality betwixt the two of 'em if you believe Timmah. Hope it's not so. Hope they both land on their feet and go on with their lives.

Maybe Alexander's play allowed them to make this move. No more putting up with skechty players. Good move.

The simplest, most logical presumption is usually the correct one. Alexander was all over the field against Washington.

The simplest, most logical presumption is usually the correct one. Alexander was all over the field against Washington.

But then we can't make ill informed conclusions to fill up a week long post.

Everyone is guessing at what the incident could be, but the 1 game seems consistent.

and he didn't get suspended. So far, everyone is wrong.

Not necessarily. The investigation could still be ongoing. We don't know.

that's my point. Nobody knows. everyone is just guessing. The most sense is that he was beat out for the job.

Because that is what was reported in TBN.

'nuff said.