Jared Goff = #1 overall pick, 3rd string QB

YoloinOhio

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rapsheet

#Rams coach Jeff Fisher said last night what was already clear: Case Keenum to start, Sean Mannion is their No 2 now

Jared Goff face plants in preseason finale

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694353/article/jared-goff-faceplants-in-preseason-finale?campaign=Twitter_atn

I'm slowly coming the conclusion that when the Brady, Ben, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers generation retires, every single QB in the league will suck.

Saw Goff play a bit this preseason and he does look awful. That's gotta suck to draft a guy #1 overall and know you could've had a Dak Prescott for nothing. Even Cardale Jones and the kid from Michigan (that lit up the Bills scrubs) look more like future NFL QB's.

He does not look the type nor does he have the demeanor which is #1. On one of the episodes of hard knocks he had his shirt off and it looked like he never worked out a day in his life. He also has stick legs. Chris Weinke seems like a total idiot as a qb coach as well.

I agree with this. I was just saying as much to my mate who is a Rams fan. Not so much the working out but just his demeanour. He comes across to me as timid, his attempts to "be one of the guys" with Keenum fall constantly flat and feel like he is trying to hard. Not saying that will doom his career but I think it makes the initial transition harder. Also agree Weinke strikes me as both an idiot and useless.

I am surprised how much he has struggled but I said a the time the Rams deal to get up for him was crazy. He HAS to work out or they are going to be cellar dwellers for a long time.

I'm slowly coming the conclusion that when the Brady, Ben, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers generation retires, every single QB in the league will suck.

Hmmm. Not sure. Luck, Newton, Wilson are all good and then there is Bortles, Carr, Winston, Mariota, Tyrod even.... young guys who have shown some things.

I blame the college game, the offenses they run and, most importantly, the same defenses they see week in and week out as a result of those offenses.

Few knew back then that Brady, Rodgers, Brees would have the careers they have had.

Also, Wentz was the pick of the litter months ago.

I blame the college game, the offenses they run and, most importantly, the same defenses they see week in and week out as a result of those offenses.

I agree. Ironically, much like college overall today, it's failing to prepare these guys for careers in the so called "real world".

I think as a result, you'll see a lot more of the Aaron Rodgers template where NFL QB picks absent that once in generational talent sit for seasons to learn the job.